Singapore Expats

just confused and need advice on Visa extension for parents

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
parivinu

just confused and need advice on Visa extension for parents

Post by parivinu » Tue, 17 May 2016 5:41 pm

Hi Guys,

Although I read the other thread on Visa extension for parents on visit pass where me and my husband holding EP, I need advise on visa extension.

me and my husband on EP and have 2 years old daughter who is on DP. we recently brought my daughter(DP) with in law's to Singapore on Visit Pass for 30 days as their stay period.
we called ICA and got the information that we need to apply for visa extension just before 3 days of visa ending date.

our worry is , are we sure to get the Visa extension for another 30 days ? what if they reject, since we both working our daughter cant adjust with new person immediately if we plan to hire maid.

what should we do as in process of Visa [Extension] approval so that our in law's get to stay for few more weeks in Singapore.

In fact we feel very sad that why Singapore govt is not giving long term visa for parents of EP holders visiting singapore unlike other countries.

Thanks ,
parivinu

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: just confused and need advice on Visa extension for parents

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 17 May 2016 7:20 pm

parivinu wrote:Hi Guys,

Although I read the other thread on Visa extension for parents on visit pass where me and my husband holding EP, I need advise on visa extension.

me and my husband on EP and have 2 years old daughter who is on DP. we recently brought my daughter(DP) with in law's to Singapore on Visit Pass for 30 days as their stay period.
we called ICA and got the information that we need to apply for visa extension just before 3 days of visa ending date.

our worry is , are we sure to get the Visa extension for another 30 days ? what if they reject, since we both working our daughter cant adjust with new person immediately if we plan to hire maid.

what should we do as in process of Visa [Extension] approval so that our in law's get to stay for few more weeks in Singapore.

In fact we feel very sad that why Singapore govt is not giving long term visa for parents of EP holders visiting singapore unlike other countries.

Thanks ,
parivinu
No, you can't predict ICA's decision.

As for feeling sad, a lot are feeling sad. Though in the past ICA allowed folks to bring in their parents, in laws and everybody and realised the visitors are being too much of distraction during election time. So it is just fair that ICA restrict who can bring in who, than allowing en- masse flooding of this small island.

So which 'other' country is so free and easy for visiting parents and in-laws ?