Singapore Expats

Musical Folks?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Tommyboyjedi

Musical Folks?

Post by Tommyboyjedi » Thu, 04 Dec 2014 1:45 pm

Heya,
I just moved to Singapore a couple weeks ago from Ireland (im English tho) and all my stuff arrives this weekend! horrah! So i'm putting the feelers out to see if there are any musicians looking for other band members e.t.c.
I have no idea how people do it here, eager to find out!
Ive been in a gigging band for the last couple years, and im just looking to see who's out there e.t.c.
Im easy going, quite happy to just have a play around every week or whatnot.. rock,pop,country, whatever really..no idea where practice rooms are or anything like that tho, so might be good to join people already out there doing stuff
I play keys, guitar,bass and I can sing, although i prefer to do harmonies..
soundcloud(https://soundcloud.com/tom-pearce-3/tracks)

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Musical Folks?

Post by curiousgeorge » Fri, 05 Dec 2014 1:17 am

When someone starts a thread called "Musical Folks" I am expecting Sondheim fans and friends of Dorothy...

JJL

Post by JJL » Mon, 05 Jan 2015 5:35 pm

Hi, I'm from NZ. I've been playing guitar for many years now, and perform occasionally around town. I'm currently looking for a singer, guitarist and or percussionist to try out some music with. I'm interested in rock, pop, folk or blues, either electric or acoustic. Here's a demo of my guitar: jahmin9.blogspot.com, and here are demos of my singing: soundcloud.com/jahmin9 Have a look and get in touch if you're interested in trying something out. Cheers.

chappers

Post by chappers » Sun, 18 Oct 2015 10:35 am

Hey! I've just come across your post. I've recently moved to Singapore from the UK and am looking into the opportunities available within the music scene here for a female singer. I've been in several bands back home and sing in lots of different styles so am open but am really keen to find some blues/jazz musical folk. Im looking to play some covers and also maybe write some originals!! Let me know if you're still looking! Thanks!

sam.p

Post by sam.p » Thu, 14 Apr 2016 10:26 am

Hey are you guys still keen on making some music? Moved here in August last year from England and have been trying to immerse myself in the music scene (when im not working).

musicmanx

Post by musicmanx » Tue, 10 May 2016 1:51 pm

Thats cool guys!

{Sanitized by moderator}

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”