Singapore Expats

Completing PR Formalities

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kingboy5303

Completing PR Formalities

Post by kingboy5303 » Thu, 28 Apr 2016 10:54 am

Hello,

May I know if anyone of you have the experience of completing PR Formalities when you are unemployed? Assuming the PR Application is approved after I have resigned from the existing job and actively looking for a new job at the moment.

Thank you.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Completing PR Formalities

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 28 Apr 2016 5:39 pm

If the PR is granted under the PTS Scheme, you would surely need to be employed when you are completing the PR Formalities.

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Thu, 28 Apr 2016 7:09 pm

probably he's asking whether someone who haven't found any employment near the end of the IPA deadline and how to extend it.

andri.tjiu

Post by andri.tjiu » Sun, 01 May 2016 7:15 pm

Nope, it's very rare case they will extend for you, unless your new company already doing the EP submission while still waiting it to be approved and your new employer also need filled up some letter, for more detail better come down and talk to the ICA officer.

My case last time also the same, I already got the IPA letter and the Appointment with ICA is 2 day after my last employment with my last employer.

In the end,I need to ask my company to extend my contract till end of month just to be safe and I'm considered taking unpaid leave so legally I'm still working with them and still got my EP and the company issues the sponsorship letter on the date of appointment with ICA officer for PR acceptance formalities.

If you didn't have valid EP then they will automatically rejected your PR, that is the official ICA response

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Sun, 01 May 2016 10:17 pm

andri.tjiu wrote:Nope, it's very rare case they will extend for you, unless your new company already doing the EP submission while still waiting it to be approved and your new employer also need filled up some letter, for more detail better come down and talk to the ICA officer.

My case last time also the same, I already got the IPA letter and the Appointment with ICA is 2 day after my last employment with my last employer.

In the end,I need to ask my company to extend my contract till end of month just to be safe and I'm considered taking unpaid leave so legally I'm still working with them and still got my EP and the company issues the sponsorship letter on the date of appointment with ICA officer for PR acceptance formalities.

If you didn't have valid EP then they will automatically rejected your PR, that is the official ICA response

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
so you're actually taking a 1-month unpaid leave ?
could you shed some light on how manage to go through the process, i heard some cases HR / managers refused to sign the IPA letter knowing that an employee leaves a company.

andri.tjiu

Re: RE: Re: Completing PR Formalities

Post by andri.tjiu » Mon, 02 May 2016 10:29 am

dynoto wrote: so you're actually taking a 1-month unpaid leave ?
could you shed some light on how manage to go through the process, i heard some cases HR / managers refused to sign the IPA letter knowing that an employee leaves a company.
I have been doing lots of email and phone call discussion with the HR of my contract agency. Most of the company will never ever gona sign that form for you since you are leaving the company.

For your new company to submit the permit also required 14 day submitted the job inside job bank before they can submit you as their new employee to MOM, so the only way to do is to negotiate with your old company.

I actually also send email to ICA asking them about the situation, but their reply is "sorry,since you under professional sponsorship, then must be employed and got valid EP on the day of appointment", but the officer quite nice by telling me the solution that is negotiate with the old employers since it was only couple of day different, that is the best bet that i can get.

I actually got new company that want to hire me to work handle their team in indonesia and singapore, but for applying EP they don't have the qualification so must use other agencies to apply for the pass. So they ask my old company how about they hire me under contract first for 1-3 month, while waiting for my PR got fully approved. My old company will help if the new company paid in advance 3 month + 1 month salary to the old company, 3 month salary is as guarantee money. Since the new company will assign me in Indonesia to settle their team there,so they didn't want to paid for that amount.

One of my colleagues from the same recruitment agencies give me my direct manager contact from the recruitment agencies and luckily the manager is very nice, I explained to him the situation and he is agreed to help, but it will make my final settlement with the company will be more longer and my salary will be on hold by them since I said I resigned(Des,Jan and Feb). I agree with the arrangement and need to send email for unpaid leave request to my direct manager and HR team, then my manager must reply to it so the HR aware of it.

Because it was unpaid bloack leave, so saturday, sunday and all public holiday also will not resulting in paid leave, from my old company the only recorded I'm still working with them without need to pay anything. With this also I'm still legally work with them and the EP is still valid, my EP last validity date also left 2 week more.

The HR then agreed to issue the company sponsorship letter for PR formalities, ICA will scan your EP or S-Pass on the appointment day must still valid and got the company sponsorship letter, apparently the sponsorship letter if company didn't want to sign also can be substituted by your IC (EP or S-Pass card that still valid) and your payslip for 6 month.

Once you submit everything to the officer and still valid you will get your new PR number and reentry permit. Once you walk from the officer table with the PR number and reentry permit, you already an PR and no need anymore the EP or S-Pass card.

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Re: RE: Re: Completing PR Formalities

Post by dynoto » Mon, 02 May 2016 6:15 pm

andri.tjiu wrote:
dynoto wrote: so you're actually taking a 1-month unpaid leave ?
I have been doing lots of email and phone call discussion with the HR of my contract agency. Most of the company will never ever gona sign that form for you since you are leaving the company.

For your new company to submit the permit also required 14 day submitted the job inside job bank before they can submit you as their new employee to MOM, so the only way to do is to negotiate with your old company.

I actually also send email to ICA asking them about the situation, but their reply is "sorry,since you under professional sponsorship, then must be employed and got valid EP on the day of appointment", but the officer quite nice by telling me the solution that is negotiate with the old employers since it was only couple of day different, that is the best bet that i can get.

I actually got new company that want to hire me to work handle their team in indonesia and singapore, but for applying EP they don't have the qualification so must use other agencies to apply for the pass. So they ask my old company how about they hire me under contract first for 1-3 month, while waiting for my PR got fully approved. My old company will help if the new company paid in advance 3 month + 1 month salary to the old company, 3 month salary is as guarantee money. Since the new company will assign me in Indonesia to settle their team there,so they didn't want to paid for that amount.

One of my colleagues from the same recruitment agencies give me my direct manager contact from the recruitment agencies and luckily the manager is very nice, I explained to him the situation and he is agreed to help, but it will make my final settlement with the company will be more longer and my salary will be on hold by them since I said I resigned(Des,Jan and Feb). I agree with the arrangement and need to send email for unpaid leave request to my direct manager and HR team, then my manager must reply to it so the HR aware of it.

Because it was unpaid bloack leave, so saturday, sunday and all public holiday also will not resulting in paid leave, from my old company the only recorded I'm still working with them without need to pay anything. With this also I'm still legally work with them and the EP is still valid, my EP last validity date also left 2 week more.

The HR then agreed to issue the company sponsorship letter for PR formalities, ICA will scan your EP or S-Pass on the appointment day must still valid and got the company sponsorship letter, apparently the sponsorship letter if company didn't want to sign also can be substituted by your IC (EP or S-Pass card that still valid) and your payslip for 6 month.

Once you submit everything to the officer and still valid you will get your new PR number and reentry permit. Once you walk from the officer table with the PR number and reentry permit, you already an PR and no need anymore the EP or S-Pass card.
thanks for the insight! much appreciated.

kingboy5303

Post by kingboy5303 » Mon, 09 May 2016 11:29 am

Thank you for sharing. Appreciate it very much.