Singapore Expats Forum
 

HR Help Needed: Change EP Application Detail after Submission?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
blackmores
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 01 May 2016 12:52 am

HR Help Needed: Change EP Application Detail after Submission?

Post by blackmores » Sun, 01 May 2016 1:03 am

Hi all,

Kindly need your input for my situation.

Last week, shortly after I accepted the offer, HR sent me the MOM form for EP in word file for them to submit, which I filled in and returned to them. However, just now, I realised I may filled a detail inaccurately. Currently, my EP status is pending.

Question: Even if I point this concern to the HR, can they edit it on the MOM online system? (Can an EP application be edited after submission?) Any known effect if this is possible to do?

Thanks! :D [-o<
Last edited by blackmores on Sun, 01 May 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11633
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: HR Help Needed: Change EP Application Detail after Submission?

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 01 May 2016 5:15 am

What detail? If you are a convicted serial killer and failed to mention that "detail" it might have a bearing on the outcome of your application.

If you lied about income... previous job or this one, it might a bearing on the outcome of your application.

Details, details... what detail did you leave out?

blackmores
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 01 May 2016 12:52 am

Re: HR Help Needed: Change EP Application Detail after Submission?

Post by blackmores » Sun, 01 May 2016 3:32 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:What detail? If you are a convicted serial killer and failed to mention that "detail" it might have a bearing on the outcome of your application.

If you lied about income... previous job or this one, it might a bearing on the outcome of your application.

Details, details... what detail did you leave out?
Hi, thanks for the input. Understood, the impact will depends on what kind of detail I inaccurately filled.

However, currently my primary concern is:
Is it even possible for HR to edit any details on the EP application after they submitted the EP application online? (and now the status is "pending" on the system) 8-[

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: RE: Re: HR Help Needed: Change EP Application Detail after Submission?

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 01 May 2016 10:08 pm

blackmores wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:What detail? If you are a convicted serial killer and failed to mention that "detail" it might have a bearing on the outcome of your application.

If you lied about income... previous job or this one, it might a bearing on the outcome of your application.

Details, details... what detail did you leave out?
Hi, thanks for the input. Understood, the impact will depends on what kind of detail I inaccurately filled.

However, currently my primary concern is:
Is it even possible for HR to edit any details on the EP application after they submitted the EP application online? (and now the status is "pending" on the system) 8-[
So what "detail" are we talking about ? Based on that a better advice maybe meted out.

blackmores
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 01 May 2016 12:52 am

Re: RE: Re: HR Help Needed: Change EP Application Detail after Submission?

Post by blackmores » Sun, 01 May 2016 10:20 pm

ecureilx wrote:
blackmores wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:What detail? If you are a convicted serial killer and failed to mention that "detail" it might have a bearing on the outcome of your application.

If you lied about income... previous job or this one, it might a bearing on the outcome of your application.

Details, details... what detail did you leave out?
Hi, thanks for the input. Understood, the impact will depends on what kind of detail I inaccurately filled.

However, currently my primary concern is:
Is it even possible for HR to edit any details on the EP application after they submitted the EP application online? (and now the status is "pending" on the system) 8-[
So what "detail" are we talking about ? Based on that a better advice maybe meted out.
Ok, in this case I wish to amend my answer regarding my religion that I gave to the HR. Since it is now already submitted on the system (status: pending), even if I notify HR, is it even possible for the HR to change it on the system? :oops:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37469
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: HR Help Needed: Change EP Application Detail after Submission?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 02 May 2016 12:27 am

What? You just Found the Light? and changed your religion? How could you not know what your religion is? :???:

In any event, it won't make any difference, truthfully speaking.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: HR Help Needed: Change EP Application Detail after Submission?

Post by JR8 » Mon, 02 May 2016 2:36 am

I can't see that would make any difference. Consider it another way; seeking to change a lodged application might cause you more problems than such an [arguably] irrelevant change might benefit you.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests