Singapore Expats

Withdrawal of S Pass Pending Application

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
dottypinky88

Withdrawal of S Pass Pending Application

Post by dottypinky88 » Tue, 26 Apr 2016 2:20 pm

Hi All,

I have a similar situation like some of the members has encountered, but mine is slightly different.

Back in end 2015, I've offered a job from company B while still working for company A.
Company B is a new start-up company, but they assured me that they are able to apply an SPass for me. Hence, i verbally accepted the offer.

In Jan 2016, i called company B and asked about the SPass status and they told me that it's still pending due to some quota issue (as expected) and ask me to wait for a while. I told company B that I don't mind wait for a while and temporary will fly back to my home country for a short break. At this point, I've already tendered my resignation and left company A.

3 months passed by and they are still unable to get me a S Pass. Reason given to me was still the same that MOM has yet to open the quota. But they still assured me that the quota will be given soon.
Soon after, I got another job offer from a company C through a recommendation and they are willing to apply a S Pass for me. As i have already waited more that 3 months for Company B, it gave me an impression that the outcome from Company B won't be favorable in any way hence i accepted the job offer from Company C. Company C is a well-established company in Singapore.

To my surprise, company B received their 1st quota last week and went in to apply my SPass without letting me know. I only realized this application upon contacting Company B with an intention to withdraw my interest. The application is currently pending.

Should i proceed to ask Company B to withdraw my pending application, tell them the truth about my interest in Company C? As company B is a new start-up company with a minimum local head counts, once they have reduction in that, I'm afraid that my pass can be revoked anytime by MOM.

As of today, i have already informed Company C about my issue and they are agree hold my offer. I have not signed any employment contract for both B and C.

Appreciate your inputs/feedback to me. Thank you

dottypinky88

Re: Withdrawal of S Pass Pending Application

Post by dottypinky88 » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 6:04 pm

Hello guys,

any advice for my case? honestly I'm a bit lost right now. TIA

vjtvjt

Post by vjtvjt » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 7:50 pm

just tell company B to withdraw your pass application so that company C can apply for you. :)

dottypinky88

Post by dottypinky88 » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 9:12 pm

Hi vjtvjt,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I plan to talk to Company B as well.
It's a heavy heart decision as i know they have been trying very hard to get me a Spass.

vjtvjt

Post by vjtvjt » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 9:21 pm

Your situation is like that of a cheating boyfriend. If he doesn't like any bit of the other party, he shouldn't contemplate whom he should choose. Same thing in your situation now, and it's so obvious that you want to be with company C, so that's the basis of my advice to you. :)

dottypinky88

Post by dottypinky88 » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 9:40 pm

Hi vjtvjt,

Well, it's not like i want to so called "cheat" company B. I have been waiting almost 4 months for the pass and i also need to survive.
That's why I'm thinking of let go Company B. :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 9:45 pm

If they have quota problems, don't worry about it. They aren't. If they were, then they would have either let somebody go, or hired enough locals to give them additional quota. It's their fault they don't have quota, (well, not entirely, as quotas have been cut over the past two years and lots of companies are over quota but MOM has given them several waivers until the next one that comes up for renewal is rejected.) Forget 'em, go with company C.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dottypinky88

Post by dottypinky88 » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 10:05 pm

Hi sundaymorningstaple,

Thanks for the advice.
Honestly, now I'm in the position of "very paiseh" to tell Company B that i want them to withdraw their Spass application. I hope that they can accept my reason of why i have to do so.

bokbhoong

Post by bokbhoong » Mon, 22 May 2017 5:13 pm

dottypinky88 wrote:Hi sundaymorningstaple,

Thanks for the advice.
Honestly, now I'm in the position of "very paiseh" to tell Company B that i want them to withdraw their Spass application. I hope that they can accept my reason of why i have to do so.
Hi dottypinky88,

I think your issues have been resolved by now.
Do you still remember how long did it take for the withdrawal of Spass application?

dottypinky88

Post by dottypinky88 » Fri, 26 May 2017 11:33 am

Hi bookbhoong,

Yes, I told Company B nicely to withdraw the application and all went smoothly. They informed their HR to withdraw the application and I believe it just one click away through MOM website (please correct me if I'm wrong here, as I'm not that familiar with MOM web thingy). on the same day, they told me that my application has been withdrawn.

Hope this help

Aibel

Post by Aibel » Fri, 07 Feb 2020 11:50 pm

Hi dottypinky,

Does company C applied pass for you and get approved smoothly?

Thank you.

Aibel

Post by Aibel » Mon, 17 Feb 2020 10:57 am

Hi, how to know if the company already withdrawn the pending pass application? Is there a way for us (applicant) to check it? Thanks.