Singapore Expats

EP Rejected and Appeal in progress, is it possible to cancel in progress appeal ???

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Baran

EP Rejected and Appeal in progress, is it possible to cancel in progress appeal ???

Post by Baran » Wed, 20 Apr 2016 11:47 am

Hi,
I am From SriLanka. My EP is rejected due to low salary(3500 SGD).(My SAT gives more salary 4400 SGD)
My employer increase salary 4000 SGD and did appeal.What do you thing it will be approved or not?
In the mean time i got new offer for S PASS from another company can i cancel previous appeal and ask apply new Pass? is it any Problem for accepting my S Pass?

My SAT gives more salary than my employer appeal salary..
How much chance for Rejected EP Appeal will give positive results? How long it will take?

Any one share some ideas what can i do??

vjtvjt

Re: EP Rejected and Appeal in progress, is it possible to cancel in progress appeal ???

Post by vjtvjt » Thu, 21 Apr 2016 1:47 am

First of all, let's address the elephant in the room: It is clearly stated on the SAT site that if your employer applied for EP below the salary level for it to be approved, then it will be rejected. It is also stated there that salary and whatever information you indicated in the SAT site are not sole basis of EP approval. Based on that statements, I know you can already draw a conclusion of what outcome we shall expect. EP appeals usually take 3-7 days (or longer) based on some comments by my friends, but I don't have an exact approval percentage of that as everything is under MOM's control.

For your s-pass, I think that will be the one that would have a higher chance to be approved. You don't need to worry about having simultaneous pending work pass applications as MOM may approve several work pass under yourself but in the end, only one work pass ID is to be issued for you. :)

Baran

Re: EP Rejected and Appeal in progress, is it possible to cancel in progress appeal ???

Post by Baran » Thu, 21 Apr 2016 9:09 am

is it possible to withdraw an appeal?

otherwise can we apply another pass while appeal is pending??

thanks for your information..

vjtvjt

Post by vjtvjt » Thu, 21 Apr 2016 12:35 pm

It was actually being asked here 4 years ago. Please check this link: http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/viewtopic.php?t=86960