Singapore Expats

what type of pass can apply for 3 years old toddlers

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: what type of pass can apply for 3 years old toddlers

Post by BBCWatcher » Mon, 11 Apr 2016 9:45 pm

For what it's worth, x9200, I do. You could well be right. :(

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 Apr 2016 10:37 pm

But the flaw in that is that Péidú māmās normally would not be allowed if there if the other parent is also in Singapore. That's been tried before as well. I don't know if anybody has ever been successful but I've heard of lots where not. Most,if not all, Péidú māmās come from China, not Malaysia. It's either the mother or grandmother who accompanies the child 'while the rest of the family remains in their own country'. In fact, if the Mother accompanies the child, the grandmother is not allow to come, or vice versa.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Skymoon

Post by Skymoon » Mon, 11 Apr 2016 10:44 pm

Both of us is working in Singapore.
We are not planning go get the peidu mama pass

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 Apr 2016 10:50 pm

I believe you are going to be out of luck, frankly speaking. Unless, as mentioned earlier, you get an increase of your basic pay (legally) to over 5K/month so you can sponsor.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

thismyvoice
Chatter
Chatter

Post by thismyvoice » Sat, 16 Apr 2016 11:35 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:A three year old is going to "study" in Singapore?
Especially in Singapore! I know a child half that age who has started playing with flash cards. :o
A child ought to be playing.
I know a child, barely 2 years old, whose favorite toys is A,B,C. At that tender age, he can spell something like 30 words, at least. The wonders of iPad, youtube and flash cards. When I was his age, I think I can barely speak. :shock:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Apr 2016 9:57 am

The was because of the thought mentality of the parent of that time. My daughter (now 31 and my son 26) were speaking in simple 3 word sentences at the age of 6.5 & 7.5 months. Did have iPad, youtube and didn't use flash cards. Just refused to allow anybody to talk to the babies from birth using baby talk. You want to talk to the babies, talk like you are talking to an adult. Children learn by mimicry. Yes, they don't understand, but they do file it all away and as they start to get cognizant, they already have words in their minds besides go-go & ga-ga & boo-boo. But three is still too early for structured learning. To me, 4 is ideal for a year of Pre-Kindergarten