Singapore Expats

Long Term Visit Pass sponsored by Singaporean Wife

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 1:08 pm

JR8 wrote:Ok, perhaps it's not as clear to me as it might be...

You are here on SVP #1
You are looking at e-extend, as you wish to extend SVP #1, into lets call it 'SVP #2'.
i.e. you wish to stay in the country.

When it says:

'e) you will not return to Singapore within 5 days from the departure date of your current trip'

Your 'current trip' is your present unextended trip: Since you have not applied for an extension yet, nor been granted one.

Subtle, but confusing.

It would be clearer if it said something like

e) If you apply for an extension, and are granted one, you will then not be eligible to return to Singapore within 5 days of your departure from that extended trip.

Ore summink liek tat...
Liddat, cannot leh :D

Like this can

Arrive 1st June, get 30 day on arrival, go online to exend- +30 day without local sponsor, +60 day with local sponsor, and then the disclaimer comes out .. that ..

"e) you will not return to Singapore within 5 days from the departure date of your current trip"

but doesn't say if you go out for 5 days, a 'reset' applies .. (yes, some ask here if they can 'reset' the visa .. right .. ) and then the ICA site goes on to say ..

Travellers who do not fulfill the above conditions would need to apply for an extension in person at the Visitor Services Centre (4th Storey) of the ICA Building. "

and the above exclusion applied in my case, there was no need to exit and disappear for 5 days, but a visa fee of 40 $ was applicable, as per law, since the original visa + extension ran into 89 days .. had to submit a Form 14 and photo and show proof of marriage etc . and extended for another 30 day and another 30 day .. (so 40$ X 2 for the last two personal extensions ..

cheejess

LTVP application for my husband

Post by cheejess » Thu, 27 Feb 2014 9:05 pm

Hi, I'm new to this and have a couple of enquiries and like some here, I've gone through stuff online regarding the LTVP/LTVP+ applications. I'm a Singaporean currently midway through my master's degree. I got married last year to a Belgian and I'm in the middle of deciding whether to give up my studies and return this year OR finish it and come back next year (2015). We plan to move to SG to work and start a family. We've also got the skill sets they're needing now in the creative industry.

I've got a planned internship at a design company this July 2014 and there's a good chance I get hired right after. My husband is qualified for 1 of the top 10 in demand jobs listed on MOM. He plans to arrange interviews when I'm back for my internship. But we're looking into the LTVP in the event that he hasn't found a job yet within the 2 months we're in SG so he'd have more time to look for a job (obviously 2 months is a little short).

1) Will my level of education affect our application? I'm asking because that might be a deciding factor for me to continue and finish my master studies.

2) If i'm newly employed, I won't have the 6 months worth of payslips and CPF contributions. An ICA officer said I could still apply and that every piece of proof (marriage cert etc) is crucial. Does anyone know if me being newly employed will be bad for the application? Would you recommend me then coming back apart from him to work for a year first before I apply for the LTVP?

3) Does anyone have an idea what kind of salary range ICA would deem fit for the sponsor? I know it's not exactly helping that i'm a fresh graduate and will be entry level at my job.

Any opinions are appreciated! Thanks! :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:59 pm

I'd say if you can finish your degree and land a job paying around 3.5~3.8k/mo, after obtaining around 6 months worth of salary vouchers, you should be able to sponsor his LTVP. Then work from that point. Unless he can find a suitable position that can get him an EP. Of course, if that happens, then your sponsorship is moot.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

moiqbal

Post by moiqbal » Fri, 28 Feb 2014 11:27 pm

Guys I am sort of in a similar situation. I am 27 from India I work as a software engineer for a top MNC. My fiance is a Singaporean Citizen. She was working in the finance industry until July when she had to quit due to health reasons. Earlier she used to make around 2500 a month, right now she takes private tuition's.
We plan to get married next year now my concern is if we get married next year will we still be able to apply for a LTVP without her having a proper job. Our only concern is that we don't want to be staying apart after we are married, she is ready to start work if that is required to get my LTVP and once I am there I can search for a job.

Also I think to make matters work I am still pursuing my degree, would it be difficult to find a job in the IT industry , I have over 6 yrs of work exp in Customer Service and IT industry currently I am working with IBM. Does that help .
Thanks in advance looking forward to your advice

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 01 Mar 2014 12:28 am

moiqbal wrote:Guys I am sort of in a similar situation. I am 27 from India I work as a software engineer for a top MNC. My fiance is a Singaporean Citizen. She was working in the finance industry until July when she had to quit due to health reasons. Earlier she used to make around 2500 a month, right now she takes private tuition's.
We plan to get married next year now my concern is if we get married next year will we still be able to apply for a LTVP without her having a proper job. Our only concern is that we don't want to be staying apart after we are married, she is ready to start work if that is required to get my LTVP and once I am there I can search for a job.

Also I think to make matters work I am still pursuing my degree, would it be difficult to find a job in the IT industry , I have over 6 yrs of work exp in Customer Service and IT industry currently I am working with IBM. Does that help .
Probably snowballs chance in hell. You've pretty much got every negative against you and I mean that kindly.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 01 Mar 2014 3:17 am

PNGMK wrote:
moiqbal wrote:Guys I am sort of in a similar situation. I am 27 from India I work as a software engineer for a top MNC. My fiance is a Singaporean Citizen. She was working in the finance industry until July when she had to quit due to health reasons. Earlier she used to make around 2500 a month, right now she takes private tuition's.

Probably snowballs chance in hell. You've pretty much got every negative against you and I mean that kindly.
Since you are working for IBM, why don't you ask for a transfer?

moiqbal

Post by moiqbal » Sun, 02 Mar 2014 3:30 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
PNGMK wrote:

Since you are working for IBM, why don't you ask for a transfer?
Not that easy ....they need to have a position vacant for the same profile in SG plus ... my upline manager who approves the transfer for some reason doesnt like people transferring within the company ... he has always rejected peoples transfer and they have ended up getting another job ... so i guess the best thing now is have my fiance start work asap and find a better paying job ... or just keep trying my luck to find a job whenever I am in SG for a short visit

twinkles

Re: Similar question- SC sponsoring foreign spouse for LTVP

Post by twinkles » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 6:28 pm

[quote="sunnymummy"]Hi everyone,

This is such a helpful forum! Learning lots from all of you. This is my first post forum and hope you don't mind if I post a similar question. (Figured if anything, useful reference for people of similar situations- if inappropriate, moderators pls let me know and I can start a new thread).

I’d like to ask what is the quickest way for the family of a S’porean citizen (all Canadians) to relocate to Singapore so we can be close to our S’porean family.

Our Background:
- I'm an SC married to a Canadian citizen (6+years, Canadian marriage cert) and have two preschoolers (boy and girl- Canadian citizens). We're considering the possibility to move to Singapore for work and to be closer to my family.
- I've studied till Masters level in Sg and worked 6 years before moving to Canada after marriage.
- Have been working continuously all this while between undergrad degree and post-grad and even after moving to Canada.
- I've not found a job in Sg yet but prospects are good once I come back. Industry is Healthcare and I've kept in touch w my Sg ex-colleagues and also on good terms w senior executives in my last Sg hospital job, told my skillset is in demand (they even also asked me previously if I would move back). (So my job prospects are good). Husband is in financial services and had phone interviewed w a few Sg banks for senior roles recently. They seem interested in him, but most stopped the process because he does not have a PR or LTVP yet. (they can’t wait that long for someone to start work and can’t be seen hiring foreigners. Say it affects their quotas of hiring S’poreans/PRs)

Questions are:
1. Am I able to apply for this LTVP+ for my husband if I am not employed yet? We would stay w my parents till we both found jobs and can afford to rent/ buy. They live in a landed property so enough room for the extra 4 of us.
2. Must I work for a minimum period before I can sponsor my family? If no job before arriving back in Singapore can we show assets, income taxes etc that we can support ourselves? (Canadian and Singaporean statements- since I’ve 6+years work in Sg and 6 in Canada)
3. Is it possible to apply before we arrive in Singapore? The Canadian passport only allows them a 30 day stay and I understand the processing time for LTVP is 6 weeks. Is the process to apply for short term visa, one after another (and spend 5 days out of the country say in JB or Bintan then come back in for another short term visa). All the while waiting for LTVP to be approved?

My husband and I don’t want to arrive separately from each other or our children (they are not even in nursery yet). Any advice you could give so we do not have to be split up would be much appreciated.

I’m just kinda lost - we’ve checked ICA, Contact Singapore, even talked to a few immigration consultations from relocation companies, but can’t find clear answers. I read articles about Singapore’s “brain drainâ€Â

AJAX1234

Post by AJAX1234 » Tue, 28 Oct 2014 4:36 pm

HI Energiepac,

Could you pls share about your LTVP? Do you get it at the end? Thanks.

JohnMaers

Re: Long Term Visit Pass sponsored by Singaporean Wife

Post by JohnMaers » Mon, 14 Mar 2016 7:54 pm

Hi all,
could anyone share with positive experience of getting LTVP? Is it good idea to use some services which provide help in obtaining visa?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 Mar 2016 8:57 pm

Sure, if you have deep pockets and like to just throw money away. In fact, if you like throwing money away that much, you can throw some at our admins to help support of costs of this free forum!

Seriously, if you need a service provider to type in the answers which YOU give them, and pay them a ridiculous fee for being a form filler filing out a form that any 'O' level holder could do, feel free to do so. But I guarantee it will not make an iota of a difference to the ICA officer looking at the form. In fact, they may look at it with a jaundiced eye, wondering why a form filler was required. "Eh, Soh Huat, take a look at this one. Wonder why he resorted to a formfiller? Trying to hide something, do you suppose? Shall we really vet this one with the full vet?" or something like that.

The forms are designed to be easily fillable by anybody who has the academic qualification to apply for the pass in the first place. If it's an LTVP, your sponsor will probably fill it out. Spouse? Seriously, those immigration consultants charge an arm & a leg and brag about their high success rate. Look closely at there site and somewhere you will find, in the fine print, that they retain the right to refuse you if they don't think you have a sporting chance. (That's why their success rates are higher. Heck, you can do that yourself and save $2800 or more. The only cost will be a couple of round for us here for saving you all that money. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

successcre8or

Post by successcre8or » Thu, 14 Apr 2016 12:47 am

Hi all, it's my first post here too and I want to apply for LTVP/LTVP+ on my next visit to Singapore through my S'porean wife as sponsor.
All the documents listed on ICA website are ready with us , but we will only married for 1+ year by the time we apply, will this make it harder for us ?
Another point is, my next visit is only for 2 weeks and I don't know what can we do if they ask us to appear for interview (because of work conditions , I may not be able to appear after the 2-week visit

I read above that some of you were not asked for an interview but I think in my case, passport holder of Assessment Level II country, I 'm feeling they will require me to appear, especially that upon entry every time to Singapore they always ask me those routine questions.

Any advice?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 14 Apr 2016 7:39 pm

The rules constantly change, so I can reply but bear in mind this is from the perspective of the previous LTVP/+ applications that I have made. I.e. vs my own specific circumstances.

I'd be less worried whether 1/+ year of marriage is enough (I don't see why not for the LTVP), but more about what your situation is and where it is you live now, and why you wish to have the LTVP/+. Where do you and your wife live? I think there is an assumption that couples like you, you arrive in SG and then you apply for an LTVP in order to live in SG. It used to be that you couldn't get the '+' until you'd been married two years. So in my case I got an LTVP say 3 months after marriage having moved to SG, and when I renewed it after two years I could tick the box to be considered for an LTVP+, and indeed that is what they granted.

I'm not sure about the definition of 'interview'. IME you meet an ICA officer face to face to hand over your application. They run through all the attachments and check it's all in order. IME they will have a few questions and the applicant and spouse are expected to be present and both sitting there in front of the officer. Once your application has been accepted, then you leave and await the outcome.

The renewal is IME more of a formality, though as I recall I still had to go to ICA to submit the form etc.

Advice?
If I were the ICA officer Q1 might be why you want a residency visa when you don't appear to intend to live in SG right now. So you'll need a satisfactory to that and similar. If you're from a 'Level 2' country then I expect you're tired of the visa application process each time you wish to visit. But I'm not sure that they'd grant you an LTVP to help you around that obstacle alone.
IME it's not just being married that matters, it's also the er... depth of the marriage. How long, how well do the respective families know each other, were both present at the wedding, and so on.
If you are going for the '+', then you might consider at the same time how you'd write your CV/resume pitching your USPs vs the increasingly tricky jobs-market for FTs.

p.s. Welcome to the forum!
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

successcre8or

Post by successcre8or » Thu, 14 Apr 2016 8:54 pm

JR8 wrote:The rules constantly change, so I can reply but bear in mind this is from the perspective of the previous LTVP/+ applications that I have made. I.e. vs my own specific circumstances.

I'd be less worried whether 1/+ year of marriage is enough (I don't see why not for the LTVP), but more about what your situation is and where it is you live now, and why you wish to have the LTVP/+. Where do you and your wife live? I think there is an assumption that couples like you, you arrive in SG and then you apply for an LTVP in order to live in SG. It used to be that you couldn't get the '+' until you'd been married two years. So in my case I got an LTVP say 3 months after marriage having moved to SG, and when I renewed it after two years I could tick the box to be considered for an LTVP+, and indeed that is what they granted.
Currently living in Dubai (UAE) and wife in SG, we are both working towards immigrating to a third country , and till this happens both of us are looking for jobs in both cities (Dubai + Singapore)
There is no intention at the moment to settle in Singapore, unless I get a job, which from I saw in the job market is high unlikely with my current work experience /qualifications, we are only seeking the LTVP for convenience to avoid hassle of going VFS and submit a visa app here in Dubai on every intention of visit, also as a plan B if we can upgrade it in the future to a "+" if I want to look for a job and stay longer unemployed (very unlikely I will quit my current job to look for job in SG)
JR8 wrote: I'm not sure about the definition of 'interview'. IME you meet an ICA officer face to face to hand over your application. They run through all the attachments and check it's all in order. IME they will have a few questions and the applicant and spouse are expected to be present and both sitting there in front of the officer. Once your application has been accepted, then you leave and await the outcome.

The renewal is IME more of a formality, though as I recall I still had to go to ICA to submit the form etc.

Advice?
If I were the ICA officer Q1 might be why you want a residency visa when you don't appear to intend to live in SG right now. So you'll need a satisfactory to that and similar. If you're from a 'Level 2' country then I expect you're tired of the visa application process each time you wish to visit. But I'm not sure that they'd grant you an LTVP to help you around that obstacle alone.
IME it's not just being married that matters, it's also the er... depth of the marriage. How long, how well do the respective families know each other, were both present at the wedding, and so on.
If you are going for the '+', then you might consider at the same time how you'd write your CV/resume pitching your USPs vs the increasingly tricky jobs-market for FTs.

p.s. Welcome to the forum!
Well, your questions are logical indeed but LTVP as I understand is not intended as "residency" or at least that's my intention for now, but anyways I do understand now from you that they don't give away visit passes for convenience , which was my main intention for now.
Ok, there is another thing I misunderstood, do I really need to apply offline? I thought I can apply online by uploading all the documents to the application? and kept wondering what do they mean by interview and/or verification of documents.... hmm, that's indeed mean that we will need to visit the ICA, which I don't mind but my main problem will be if we get a grant and can't be present in Singapore.

families doing great, but they still didn't meet each other but we both met both families (have tons of pics, will it help?), and things are going really well but we are flying much :D and we are both working hard to make things better and settle

Thank you very much.

jhen032

Post by jhen032 » Thu, 07 Mar 2019 3:45 pm

Hi,

I just want to ask, I married a Singaporean last January and we applied LTVP for me. As a result is APPROVED PRINCIPLE (pending payment). And now, we haven't pay because when we read the requirements, one of them is need to submit a letter from my employer about my information. However, Me and my husband have planned to resign once the application of LTVP is approved and now, its approved. Is there any chance to reject my application if we didn't submit a letter from my employer to ICA. Thank you so much