Singapore Expats

[EP Holder] 2 Yrs Exp LF Sales Experience Job

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
MichaelLiaw

[EP Holder] 2 Yrs Exp LF Sales Experience Job

Post by MichaelLiaw » Tue, 12 Apr 2016 10:32 am

Hi Fellow Expats,

I am currently on Employment Pass and looking for a Sales Engineer position. I have 2 years of experience as Sales in a startup company that my friends founded in Indonesia. I am an NUS graduate hence after 2 years of working in Indonesia, I was summoned by MoE to fulfill my Tuition Grant Bond of 3 years working in Singapore.

Right now, I am working as Data Quality Engineer in US MNC, but I took this job for the sake of getting by and applying for Employment Pass. It was hard for me to get a job without Employment Pass. The current job has no people interaction, even my colleagues speak Chinese almost all the time. I don't enjoy it here because I'm a people person.

Is there any kind soul that knows a vacancy or a person who is currently working as Sales Engineer? Please reply on the post or contact me via [email protected].

Best regards,

Michael Liaw

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: [EP Holder] 2 Yrs Exp LF Sales Experience Job

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 12 Apr 2016 11:35 am

I must apologize for my outburst. It was uncalled for, and indeed, engineers, design consultants, and architects play a key role in the pre-sales process, they being the ones that actually create the solution for the customer.

Again, my apologies.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 12 Apr 2016 11:36 am

And to wrap it all up... GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Tue, 12 Apr 2016 12:37 pm

This is not the fault of the OP and this sales engineering is not a new thing. Even when I graduated more than 15 years ago, this sales engineering position has appeared in job ads. I assumed it to be a sales position for engineering graduates where the position requires more in depth technical knowledge of a product.

MichaelLiaw

Post by MichaelLiaw » Tue, 12 Apr 2016 12:58 pm

Oh, hello there. Having a bad day, moderator? I sure didn't expect such a violent response, from a moderator no less.

I graduated with B. Sc in Material Science and Engineering from NUS. Sales Engineer promotes product of an engineering company while designing a proper fit solution for customer's need.

Sure, I'll get off your lawn.

Cheers.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 12 Apr 2016 1:24 pm

Rough evening, SE?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

heartart

Post by heartart » Thu, 14 Apr 2016 6:49 pm

ok