Singapore Expats

Employment Pass and CPA Marketing

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: Employment Pass and CPA Marketing

Post by BBCWatcher » Fri, 05 Feb 2016 2:11 pm

I'm only explaining the core, logical reasons for a particular set of public policies that MoM enforces without agreeing or disagreeing with their rationale or policy goals. Again, I don't think it requires much imagination to understand that any work a Singaporean citizen or PR could undertake from Singapore is work that MoM might want local employees to have the opportunity to take first, before foreigners do, or even exclusively. It does not matter how long the wire or wireless connection is, it's still work performed from Singapore, physically accessible by Singaporeans and PRs. How much of a competitive threat foreign workers are in specific circumstances varies. I suspect that MoM doesn't particularly care to judge whether the competitive threat is "low" or "high." The market and Singaporean/PR work preferences help determine the answers to such questions in particular circumstances, and the answers will also vary over time. Foreign workers taking unauthorized work bypasses any such market-oriented mechanisms that MoM wants to have in place that act to protect local workers.

None of this is particularly hard to understand, one would think. Especially when communicated in grammatically correct English, in writing, at a pre-collegiate level.

Ask MoM for the authoritative answer in your particular circumstances, and please share MoM's answer with us when you get a chance. Thanks.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 05 Feb 2016 4:36 pm

Oh man.
Gong xi fa cai.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Employment Pass and CPA Marketing

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 05 Feb 2016 9:14 pm

x9200 wrote:Oh man.
Gong xi fa cai.
Lol.

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!!

MichaelLiaw

Post by MichaelLiaw » Tue, 12 Apr 2016 10:27 am

Just for updates, MoM has confirmed that it is ok to do CPA Marketing especially if the Sales are made out of Singapore.

If you are doing CPA Marketing for Singapore market only, then it can be taxed.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 12 Apr 2016 10:49 am

MichaelLiaw wrote:Just for updates, MoM has confirmed that it is ok to do CPA Marketing especially if the Sales are made out of Singapore.

If you are doing CPA Marketing for Singapore market only, then it can be taxed.
Thank you for coming back and reporting it.
Perfectly understandable and reasonable approach. So BBCW, where is you core logic now? I am just teasing you, this is not an invitation for another round of "not hard to imagine" discussion.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Tue, 12 Apr 2016 2:55 pm

x9200 wrote:So BBCW, where is you core logic now?
Teasing and non-invitation aside, very much intact. "Ask the MoM" for permission is what I wrote. That permission has apparently been secured in Michael's specific circumstances at this point in time. I'm no less happy to hear than anyone else, with the probable exception of Michael himself.

I was only advocating (repeatedly) in favor of asking the MoM for that permission/guidance, that's all. One of the MoM's most important missions is to protect the interests of the resident workforce (the "core logic"), and foreigners must give the MoM full opportunity to do so. Or face possible legal/immigration problems. But Michael has assurance he's OK, so great!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 12 Apr 2016 3:22 pm

Uhm. But your another point the whole discussion was around was based on the fact that such job will have an impact on the local job market (what is definitely a correct statement using binary logic) and that's how MoM will see it. Fortunately MoM guys have this ability not only to see the event taking place but also assigning some weight to the even in terms of its impact on the local job market. It seems in the MoM's opinion this impact is insignificant what was my whole point in this discussion.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Tue, 12 Apr 2016 3:56 pm

x9200 wrote:But your another point the whole discussion was around was based on the fact that such job will have an impact on the local job market....
And that's true.
(what is definitely a correct statement using binary logic) and that's how MoM will see it.
No, it's only that the MoM gets to judge the impact and then clear the activity or not. Michael and other Michaels don't get to make those decisions themselves. (Well, not without risking legal/immigration problems. Which is why it's important to ask.)
Fortunately MoM guys have this ability not only to see the event taking place but also assigning some weight to the even in terms of its impact on the local job market.
Yes, as I also pointed out. I quite agree with that and wrote the same. That's their job.
It seems in the MoM's opinion this impact is insignificant what was my whole point in this discussion.
We really can't characterize the MoM's "score" for the activity Michael asked the MoM to assess except to say that MoM approved it. "Not significant enough" in the MoM's eyes, let's say -- and we don't know whether the MoM's bar is set to low, medium, high, or somewhere in between. Yes, that's splitting hairs, but there is a distinction.