Singapore Expats

[URGENT] [HELP] Privacy issue from owner

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
minx999

Post by minx999 » Thu, 07 Apr 2016 6:37 pm

Hello,

My owner is listening to all my phone conversations even when he is not at home. He has put some hidden device in my room. This is a huge privacy issue for me. I cannot show any evidence. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks a lot!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: [URGENT] [HELP] Privacy issue from owner

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 07 Apr 2016 8:26 pm

minx999 wrote:Hello,

My owner is listening to all my phone conversations even when he is not at home. He has put some hidden device in my room. This is a huge privacy issue for me. I cannot show any evidence. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks a lot!!
How do you know he is listening to you ?

Did you see the hidden device or are you just being paranoid ?

If you know the device, go to SPF and report.

And are you a Female or male ? just wondering ..

minx999

Post by minx999 » Thu, 07 Apr 2016 8:52 pm

ecureilx wrote:
minx999 wrote:Hello,

How do you know he is listening to you ?

Did you see the hidden device or are you just being paranoid ?

If you know the device, go to SPF and report.

And are you a Female or male ? just wondering ..
I said what i think he wants to my friend on phone, when he was not around. Later, when he came he quietly shut himself in his room, which he never did in past 1 month, and laughing. I do not know how he heard me, i think there's something hidden in my room, i didn't see any device. How do i report if i dont have any evidence to show. I am a female.

GuyJean

Post by GuyJean » Thu, 07 Apr 2016 9:32 pm

If that's really the case, or you believe it is really happening, it's time to move.
Last edited by GuyJean on Thu, 07 Apr 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 07 Apr 2016 9:52 pm

minx999 wrote:I said what i think he wants to my friend on phone, when he was not around. Later, when he came he quietly shut himself in his room, which he never did in past 1 month, and laughing. I do not know how he heard me, i think there's something hidden in my room, i didn't see any device. How do i report if i dont have any evidence to show. I am a female.
Steps to safeguard yourself :

1) Throw your phone away - I mean, THROW IT AWAY, so he can't use any spy program he installed in your phone

2) Call Langley, they may be able send a Bug search team.

3) Wear an Aluminium foil over your head when you communicate with anybody when you are at home. The foil can stop listening devices.

4) Get a white noise device that can stop listening devices working.

5) Get a recorder and record the sound of water tap, and put it on repeat play when you are on the phone.

All of the above can help defeat the listening device planted by your land lord.

But in all seriousness, how did you know he is laughing at your joke ? Seriously ? Do you have a listening device in his room ?

Solution- really, if you don't have any proof or see anything and suspect he is listening to your phone call, move out, get another place to stay.

Either you are paranoid or your landlord is creepy enough to make you see things.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 07 Apr 2016 10:21 pm

talk loudly on the phone about things that make him uncomfortable ..
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 6:21 am

Some people talk so loudly on the phone, they don't realize other people can follow their conversation whether they want to or not.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

minx999

Post by minx999 » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 10:20 am

nakatago wrote:Some people talk so loudly on the phone, they don't realize other people can follow their conversation whether they want to or not.
There's a HP Deskjet 2540 Printer in my room, when i moved in, owner told me he can knock in if he wants to use his printer. I have no idea why is it there in my room?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 10:25 am

minx999 wrote:
nakatago wrote:Some people talk so loudly on the phone, they don't realize other people can follow their conversation whether they want to or not.
There's a HP Deskjet 2540 Printer in my room, when i moved in, owner told me he can knock in if he wants to use his printer. I have no idea why is it there in my room?
fill the printer cartridge with blood, the next time he wants to print something,, that will be the last time. :twisted:

minx999

Post by minx999 » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 10:31 am

minx999 wrote:
I just saw a phone in my upper closet, with receiver down. I took the picture and put it as it is. Should i report to police now?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 10:35 am

minx999 wrote:
minx999 wrote:
I just saw a phone in my upper closet, with receiver down. I took the picture and put it as it is. Should i report to police now?
what phone is it? a landline? a mobile phone? :???:
calm down scully.. investigate slowly. 8-[

minx999

Post by minx999 » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 10:46 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
minx999 wrote:
minx999 wrote:
what phone is it? a landline? a mobile phone? :???:
calm down scully.. investigate slowly. 8-[
it is a landline, i am not using my upper closet at all, and its full of his stuff.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 08 Apr 2016 10:51 am

so disconnect the landline. problem solved.

minx999

Post by minx999 » Sun, 10 Apr 2016 12:46 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:so disconnect the landline. problem solved.
In my room, I kept my windows open while AC was on at night. He messaged me to close it, and said he is a witness that windows are open. How can he be so sure? He doesn't like when i go out of the house, and asked me to move out in a week, coz he knows i am busy.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 10 Apr 2016 11:43 pm

Minx999, are you for real? I think you have delusions of grandeur. Frankly, if I were the LL and I was paying the utilities and I found out a tenant was keeping the window open with the aircon on, I'd throw him /her out, Full Stop. Easy peasy, walk outside, walk the side of the building that has your room on it and take a picture of the open window. The image data will be time stamped and he will know if your aircon is on as he will be able to hear it or hear the compressor. Are you attractive? maybe he has the hots for you.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers