Singapore Expats

Exit to Dubai from Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
GenSg

Exit to Dubai from Singapore

Post by GenSg » Fri, 25 Mar 2016 5:19 pm

Hi,

I hope someone can give me some advice.
I'm an spass holder in Singapore for 5 yrs now and my brother has stayed here with me for 2 months (60 days) on social visit pass because we had holiday trips to KL, Bintan, and Bali. He is planning to fly straight from Singapore to Dubai to visit my older brother there. We have already processed his Visa and all the sponsorship documents. Will he be having trouble at the Singapore immigration checkpoint? Or Will he be offloaded from his flight and be asked to go back to our country first before going to Dubai? Pls help.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Exit to Dubai from Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 25 Mar 2016 6:51 pm

GenSg wrote:Hi,

I hope someone can give me some advice.
I'm an spass holder in Singapore for 5 yrs now and my brother has stayed here with me for 2 months (60 days) on social visit pass because we had holiday trips to KL, Bintan, and Bali. He is planning to fly straight from Singapore to Dubai to visit my older brother there. We have already processed his Visa and all the sponsorship documents. Will he be having trouble at the Singapore immigration checkpoint? Or Will he be offloaded from his flight and be asked to go back to our country first before going to Dubai? Pls help.
Why would Singapore off load him?

And why would he need to go home and then to Dubai, per your logic ?

No, no issue.

Are from a nearby country where offloading is a regular occurrence ?

GenSg

Re: Exit to Dubai from Singapore

Post by GenSg » Fri, 25 Mar 2016 7:00 pm

Hi, i got worried as i have received some feedbacks saying that singapore would not want tourists/foreigners to use their country as a "backdoor" ie exit point to other countries. They might question as to why he was staying here for too long and would not need to go back home.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Exit to Dubai from Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 25 Mar 2016 8:00 pm

GenSg wrote:Hi, i got worried as i have received some feedbacks saying that singapore would not want tourists/foreigners to use their country as a "backdoor" ie exit point to other countries. They might question as to why he was staying here for too long and would not need to go back home.
Let me guess, that's what your country tell their citizens, right ?

Nope, Singapore wouldn't care unless he flies monthly between DXB and SIN, which may raise suspicions of visa runs.

As long as his stay was valid and he's not coming back for 2 months or so, don't fret.

GenSg

Re: Exit to Dubai from Singapore

Post by GenSg » Fri, 25 Mar 2016 9:00 pm

Great! Thanks a lot. Such a relief :D