Singapore Expats

Permanent Residency for Indonesian without Marrying Singaporean And Indonesian working in Singapore as a Fitness Trainer

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Tatsu

Permanent Residency for Indonesian without Marrying Singaporean And Indonesian working in Singapore as a Fitness Trainer

Post by Tatsu » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 9:42 pm

I want to find an Indonesian person living in Singapore that was successful to get permanent residency status without marrying a Singapore Resident. I want to know if my wife can find work in Singapore if she has certification as International certification as a Fitness Trainer.

Aku mau bicara dengan orang Indonesia yang sudah berhasil menerima permanent residency status tanpa menikah dengan rakyat singapura atau permanent resident singapura.

Aku mau tau jika aku bisa cari kerjaan di Singapura jika aku ada Fitness Trainer certifikasi..

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Permanent Residency for Indonesian without Marrying Singaporean And Indonesian working in Singapore as a Fitness Tra

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 8:22 am

I know of a few but they are far better qualified than your wife. Mostly PHD's and seriously advanced engineers.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Permanent Residency for Indonesian without Marrying Singaporean And Indonesian working in Singapore as a Fitness Tra

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 10:25 am

Tatsu wrote:I want to find an Indonesian person living in Singapore that was successful to get permanent residency status without marrying a Singapore Resident. I want to know if my wife can find work in Singapore if she has certification as International certification as a Fitness Trainer.
What makes you think marrying a Singaporean resident is a sure shot way to get residency ? Doesn't work that way mate. In fact, marrying a Singaporean improves the chances but still that's not a guaranteed method.

And a lot of Indonesians get PR on their own merit, not by marrying a Singaporean resident.

And back to your question, yes, a lot of Indonesians were given PR under the LPR Scheme. But I don't know if that scheme exists.

Do some search on that.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 2:10 pm

That scheme has be laid to rest about 2 or 3 years ago.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 3:18 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That scheme has be laid to rest about 2 or 3 years ago.
oh, then bad luck for OP !

His wife's gotta get a job on Work Pass and then try and work her way :)

squallchou_e1

Post by squallchou_e1 » Sun, 20 Mar 2016 1:31 pm

I know some of my friends get their PR approved without marrying local. Most recent was last dec'15, approved after waiting for 9mths, stay in Sg for almost 15years (sinced Sec), poly grad, working in media ads industry. And she not married yet.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

squallchou_e1

Post by squallchou_e1 » Sun, 20 Mar 2016 1:33 pm

And she holding Spass.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 Mar 2016 2:28 pm

squallchou_e1 wrote:I know some of my friends get their PR approved without marrying local. Most recent was last dec'15, approved after waiting for 9mths, stay in Sg for almost 15years (sinced Sec), poly grad, working in media ads industry. And she not married yet.

squallchou_e1 wrote:And she holding Spass.

This is true. But one must remember one thing, we don't have the answers, we only have the collective wisdom and lot's of anecdotal evidence over a period of time to try to see trends, and then give advice according. It's an inexact science at best. We do see the odd acceptance here but again, normally what we see are those with problems or lengthy waits. Those who sail through we rarely get as these types of forums only attract those seeking help/answers.

What I am saying is that is great but unless you are an exact clone of your friends, it may or may not happen for you. (exact clone means education/grades/parents/family histories/siblings, race/gender/religion and anything else) Even if you were an exact clone to someone who was successful two years ago, you may not be successful today as the government's direction may well have changed, just like the minimum salaries for S/EP passes or academic criteria being raised for S pass holders. Nothing is static.

edited. I really need to start proof reading for spelling, etc. :-(
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

squallchou_e1

Post by squallchou_e1 » Sun, 20 Mar 2016 2:37 pm

Yupe, just like what SMS explain above.

Sekarang ini ga da yg pasti dlm mengurus PR ataupun working pass. Istri saya sejak tahun 1998 tinggal di Sg pun tetep ditolak permohonan PR nya.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 20 Mar 2016 2:46 pm

squallchou_e1 wrote:Yupe, just like what SMS explain above.

Sekarang ini ga da yg pasti dlm mengurus PR ataupun working pass. Istri saya sejak tahun 1998 tinggal di Sg pun tetep ditolak permohonan PR nya.

Now this is not a cinch dlm care of PR or working pass. My wife since 1998 stayed at Sg else tetep rejected his application for public relations.

You are welcome !!!!

squallchou_e1

Re: RE: Re: Permanent Residency for Indonesian without Marrying Singaporean And Indonesian working in Singapore as a Fit

Post by squallchou_e1 » Sun, 20 Mar 2016 3:10 pm

ecureilx wrote:
squallchou_e1 wrote:Yupe, just like what SMS explain above.

Now this is not a cinch dlm care of PR or working pass. My wife since 1998 stayed at Sg else tetep rejected his application for public relations.

You are welcome !!!!
There are no certainty nowdays for PR application or working passes..
Take example my wife who has stayed in singapore sinced 1998, her application never approved.

sorry, got glitch with my phone and suddenly all post turned to indonesian.