Singapore Expats

Any Kannada speakers here?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Any Kannada speakers here?

Post by Indi.Lens » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:26 am

Hi

Just curious to know if there are any kannada speaking people here. Would like to meet up with kannada speakers so that we may preserve the ability to converse in kannada. We could meet up for a coffee/beer/dinner on a weekend.

Please note that I have nothing against any one or any language. Definitely not being parochial here. This is just to meet up with people who can converse in my mother tongue. Been ages that I met someone who speaks kannada.

Cheers
Thou Art That

ks684

Post by ks684 » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 7:45 pm

hey,

Though it is not my mother tongue, I speak kannada. Long time since i have spoken the language. Like you said , would like to preserve the ability to converse in the language. Coffee/beer/dinner ...any of these sounds good... and I would be glad to meet up with your wife too.(ref. your other post)

Post by Guest » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:01 pm

sorry, but from which country is Kannada ? :oops: :?:

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Post by Indi.Lens » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:12 pm

ks684 wrote:hey,

Though it is not my mother tongue, I speak kannada. Long time since i have spoken the language. Like you said , would like to preserve the ability to converse in the language. Coffee/beer/dinner ...any of these sounds good... and I would be glad to meet up with your wife too.(ref. your other post)
Yeah a nice idea! pls call us . Sorry I dont have your number. Think I gave you my address and number before. My wife and I might go out tonight. Will let you know and you can join us.

Cheers!
Thou Art That

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Post by Indi.Lens » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:15 pm

Anonymous wrote:sorry, but from which country is Kannada ? :oops: :?:
Hello Guest

Kannada is a language widely spoken in the state of Karnataka in India. Bangalore is the capital city of Karnataka state.

Cheers!
Thou Art That

ks684

Post by ks684 » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 4:00 pm

I have some other plans for this evening... got your number, will call you sometime next week...maybe we can meet over coffee during the week ??

We (hubby and me) would like to join the outings/gathering posted on 'looking for Indian friends'. What is the age group like?

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Post by Indi.Lens » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 4:49 pm

ks684 wrote:We (hubby and me) would like to join the outings/gathering posted on 'looking for Indian friends'. What is the age group like?
Hi ks684, have just PMed you for details of the group. Some of us frm the group are meeting this evening at the Chijmes at 7:30pm. Please join us to meet more people from this group.

Cheers!
Thou Art That

kannada

Post by Guest » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 8:01 pm

hey Guest

no probs,,,,it is one of the 13 official languages of India....so if u dont know it is ok

it is a language from one of the southern states in india....

tips

Savage

Post by Savage » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:02 am

Hmmm...my best guy friend in Oz and my best girl friend (not girlfriend, though, there's a difference ;)) here both speak Kannada - guess I just get along well with people originally from Bangalore :lol:

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Post by Indi.Lens » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 1:09 pm

Savage wrote:Hmmm...my best guy friend in Oz and my best girl friend (not girlfriend, though, there's a difference ;)) here both speak Kannada - guess I just get along well with people originally from Bangalore :lol:
Hi Savage

Nice to learn about your friends. Would love to meet up with you and your kannada friends. Oh by the way, I wish we don't just limit this thread to kannada speakers only. All are welcome here.
Thou Art That