Singapore Expats

[Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
alicethen

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Post by alicethen » Mon, 07 Mar 2016 10:18 am

faithandme wrote:Thanks for the reply guys. My appreciations.

My gross is in fact 4K after adding in all th allowances. I'm not sure if th authorities would be that strict on the 4.5k cut off. (And the last I heard was 3k).

I thought her status as a wp holder would be a problem but it turns out to be my income.

Have submitted pre marriage ltvp assessment and the result should be coming on anytime. I'm keeping all my fingers crossed that the result is a positive one so that we can go ahead and apply for ltvp proper.

It's been a rough journey for my fiancée and I. At the mercy of the authorities.

Btw, in the worst scenario, does an appeal with a MP's letter help?

Faithandme, how did it go for you? I know what you are going through.. Wishing you all the best, stay strong!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 07 Mar 2016 10:32 am

alicethen wrote: Hi Sundaymorningstaple! I was wondering how did you manage to find out that the cut off income figure is 4.5k? I'm about to begin work that earns around 3.8k before CPF deductions in the civil service sector, and I wonder if that would lower my chances... Also, my Polish fiance is currently in Singapore trying to find a job, and so is unemployed at the moment. Do you happen to have nay idea if that would affect the ICA's decision as well?

Thank you so so much :)
I may butt in ... me too know the unofficial cut off is between 4.5 to 5k, based on applications and approvals vs rejections. I used the word unofficial, since a) it is not openly revealed by ICA, and b) there may be other mitigating circumstances which I don't know. Thinking aloud, it may include qualification of the applicant/spouse - who knows ?

Are you a citizen ?

alicethen

Post by alicethen » Mon, 07 Mar 2016 10:46 am

ecureilx wrote:
alicethen wrote: Hi Sundaymorningstaple! I was wondering how did you manage to find out that the cut off income figure is 4.5k? I'm about to begin work that earns around 3.8k before CPF deductions in the civil service sector, and I wonder if that would lower my chances... Also, my Polish fiance is currently in Singapore trying to find a job, and so is unemployed at the moment. Do you happen to have nay idea if that would affect the ICA's decision as well?

Thank you so so much :)
I may butt in ... me too know the unofficial cut off is between 4.5 to 5k, based on applications and approvals vs rejections. I used the word unofficial, since a) it is not openly revealed by ICA, and b) there may be other mitigating circumstances which I don't know. Thinking aloud, it may include qualification of the applicant/spouse - who knows ?

Are you a citizen ?

Hi again ecureilx! No thank you so much for your contribution! I'm Singaporean and a SC holder. I once thought it would be my CPF contributions and income tax records, as it got rejected when I applied it last year whilst working part-time back in the UK after completing my MSc. Based on what you know, were all applicants / Sponsor's salary that were rejected below say, 3.5K? I'm surprised that it's so high... some of those I've read commented that theirs was around 3k and had it approved.

Thank you so much ecureilx!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 07 Mar 2016 10:51 am

alicethen wrote:
Hi again ecureilx! No thank you so much for your contribution! I'm Singaporean and a SC holder. I once thought it would be my CPF contributions and income tax records, as it got rejected when I applied it last year whilst working part-time back in the UK after completing my MSc. Based on what you know, were all applicants / Sponsor's salary that were rejected below say, 3.5K? I'm surprised that it's so high... some of those I've read commented that theirs was around 3k and had it approved.

I re-read your original post. As a Fiance' the chances drop.

Married - chance go up.

So, yes, those getting 3k and got LTVP (I haven't read which post you are referring to .. ) are they still 'in love' or did they cement their relationship with a visit to ROM ? :)

And again, it's purely my own opinion: Singapore will roll out red carpet for the likes of Elton John and his husband, but when it comes to an Asian - the rules are different. Section 377A may be enforced :D

in other words, get married, to ensure success :)

alicethen

Post by alicethen » Mon, 07 Mar 2016 10:22 pm

ecureilx wrote:
alicethen wrote:

I re-read your original post. As a Fiance' the chances drop.

Married - chance go up.

So, yes, those getting 3k and got LTVP (I haven't read which post you are referring to .. ) are they still 'in love' or did they cement their relationship with a visit to ROM ? :)

And again, it's purely my own opinion: Singapore will roll out red carpet for the likes of Elton John and his husband, but when it comes to an Asian - the rules are different. Section 377A may be enforced :D

in other words, get married, to ensure success :)
Thank you so much for your advice! About the 3k bit, I'm so sorry, I think I have mistaken it with the pre-marriage LTVP assessment >< But I'll definitely take on your advice.. just such a tensed period waiting meanwhile!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 08 Mar 2016 7:42 am

alicethen wrote: Thank you so much for your advice! About the 3k bit, I'm so sorry, I think I have mistaken it with the pre-marriage LTVP assessment >< But I'll definitely take on your advice.. just such a tensed period waiting meanwhile!
Sorry if that sounded silly. If you are married, you can try and demand a pass or visa extension from ICA. That's my 2 cents. Vs being unmarried, ICA may give next to no attention.

alicethen

Post by alicethen » Tue, 08 Mar 2016 12:00 pm

ecureilx wrote:
alicethen wrote: Thank you so much for your advice! About the 3k bit, I'm so sorry, I think I have mistaken it with the pre-marriage LTVP assessment >< But I'll definitely take on your advice.. just such a tensed period waiting meanwhile!
Sorry if that sounded silly. If you are married, you can try and demand a pass or visa extension from ICA. That's my 2 cents. Vs being unmarried, ICA may give next to no attention.
No nothing sounded silly! I am just very thankful for your replies and all your suggestions that you have given. Yes I would think so too, and very much so now when I really consider their point of view. Singapore's not like the UK where they would have advisory agencies to be a little more sympathetic and help citizens out... now-- planning for wedding lol. Thanks again :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 08 Mar 2016 12:03 pm

alicethen wrote:Singapore's not like the UK where they would have advisory agencies to be a little more sympathetic and help citizens out... now-- planning for wedding lol. Thanks again :)
UK you said ?

http://www.citylab.com/politics/2016/01 ... ry/424779/

U.S. citizens who work in the United Kingdom for an annual income of less than $50,000 may soon find themselves buying a ticket home.

If so, they’ll be doing so thanks to a new law coming this April, one that will see any non-European Union citizens in the U.K. earning less than £35,000 ($49,960) a year deported after five years in the country. The law comes as part of a new package intended to slash migration levels in the U.K., and will also see the country become a lot harder to get into professionally in the first place. After April, U.K. companies won’t be able to bring anyone in unless they pay them more than £30,000 ($42,800) per year and pay a levy of £1,000 a year ($1,427) for every new non-E.U. hire.