Singapore Expats

I urgently need some advice please

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Leannemarie

I urgently need some advice please

Post by Leannemarie » Sun, 21 Feb 2016 8:39 am

I'm a working mum under LTVP PLUS with 3 singapore citizen kids. Recently my divorce have been apporove after 4 months of waiting. Im really very stress now because my IPA for my LTVP PLUS have been approve. But this was applied 3 months ago under my ex husband. Do anyone knows if the ICA will revoke this? Since divorce is out last february 10? My kids are too young to become my sponsor. The eldest is only 16yrs old....thanks please good people reply me.

kenreally

Re: I urgently need some advice please

Post by kenreally » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 1:05 am

If your kids are SCs and schooling in SG, it is less likely that ICA will make you leave Singapore and thereby separate you from your kids.

Leannemarie

Post by Leannemarie » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 6:16 am

Thanks ken...but ica have given me til 22 march to stay. Ltvp plus have been revoked. Me and my kids have been really distress

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: I urgently need some advice please

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 7:26 am

kenreally wrote:If your kids are SCs and schooling in SG, it is less likely that ICA will make you leave Singapore and thereby separate you from your kids.
That's what YOU think ....

I will wait for the others more experienced to reply.

Leannemarie

Post by Leannemarie » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 9:21 am

kenreally wrote:If your kids are SCs and schooling in SG, it is less likely that ICA will make you leave Singapore and thereby separate you from your kids.
Hi ken ica have given me til 22 march to stay. My ltvp plus have been revoked

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 9:33 am

Leannemarie wrote:
Which country you hail from ?

It may sound heartless but ICA won't revoke LTVP unless there was some other issue.

Rule no 1, don't over stay. Those who pushed their luck by over staying were banned for time periods between 3 to 5 years. Children being Sc didn't move ICA.
Last edited by ecureilx on Sun, 06 Mar 2016 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leannemarie

Post by Leannemarie » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 9:36 am

ecureilx wrote:
Leannemarie wrote:
Which country you hail from ?

It may sound heartless but ICA won't revoke LTVP unless there was some other issue.
Hi ken....im from phils. According to ica my kids are too young to be my sponsor. Even if its joint custody. So i got to wait for another 4 years to be with them. But i still can come as tourist. Its sounds heartless but its real

kenreally

Post by kenreally » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 11:11 am

The law is in favour of children's best interests. Therefore the joint custody and access for the party who did not get C&C. It sees a parent's involvement in young children's lives as critical for their development especially in the younger years.

The above are generally stronghold grounds for consideration. Perhaps these are possible avenues:

Appeal the revocation
Apply for a fresh LTVP
See a minister

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 11:36 am

kenreally wrote:The law is in favour of children's best interests. Therefore the joint custody and access for the party who did not get C&C. It sees a parent's involvement in young children's lives as critical for their development especially in the younger years.

The above are generally stronghold grounds for consideration. Perhaps these are possible avenues:

Appeal the revocation
Apply for a fresh LTVP
See a minister
You are very wrong Ken.

Don't feed false hope. Please.

She gotta leave the country. That's confirmed.

Appeal The revocation?

Do you know how or why LTVP gets revoked?

There maybe a lot of information not revealed here by the poster, information that I am not interested in. So unless you know more than what she has posted here, if I were in your shoes, I will preserve my silence.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 11:37 am

kenreally wrote: See a minister
Which minister do you recommend, by the way ?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 11:46 am

kenreally wrote:The law is in favour of children's best interests. Therefore the joint custody and access for the party who did not get C&C. It sees a parent's involvement in young children's lives as critical for their development especially in the younger years.

Unfortunately not always applicable to Singapore. Example. A former work permit holder got married to a SC without permission from the gov. Children stay in Singapore (are SCs) will their mother be allowed to stay too?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: I urgently need some advice please

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 11:47 am

Leannemarie wrote: Hi ken....im from phils. According to ica my kids are too young to be my sponsor. Even if its joint custody. So i got to wait for another 4 years to be with them. But i still can come as tourist. Its sounds heartless but its real
That's the hard truth.

If you have a degree, try to get a job.

Meanwhile, as I said, especially since ICA has given you clear advice, don't push your luck by over staying.

Leannemarie

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: I urgently need some advice please

Post by Leannemarie » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 12:05 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Leannemarie wrote: Hi ken....im from phils. According to ica my kids are too young to be my sponsor. Even if its joint custody. So i got to wait for another 4 years to be with them. But i still can come as tourist. Its sounds heartless but its real
Hi ecureil...im on ltvp+ few months back before divorce is granted. So on that point of time im having a job. But on the collection of my renewal of ltvp+ divorce is already granted. Its not easy for me to find a last minute job since most company they go vy qouta. Anyway thanks for your thoughts and advice. I dont intend to over stay tho
That's the hard truth.

If you have a degree, try to get a job.

Meanwhile, as I said, especially since ICA has given you clear advice, don't push your luck by over staying.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: I urgently need some advice please

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 1:27 pm

Leannemarie wrote: Hi ecureil...im on ltvp+ few months back before divorce is granted. So on that point of time im having a job. But on the collection of my renewal of ltvp+ divorce is already granted. Its not easy for me to find a last minute job since most company they go vy qouta. Anyway thanks for your thoughts and advice. I dont intend to over stay tho
Are you a graduate ?

What was your work ?

Why not try to get the employer to revise your pay to meet EP level and apply ?

Other than working for a employment pass, honestly, I see not much options.

I hope the divorce maintenance is enough for you to travel to Singapore often.

If possible, keep a copy of your LTVP and birth certificates of the children, or you may have problem leaving Philippines. Depending on your age BI may try to stop you leaving Philippines.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 06 Mar 2016 1:34 pm

x9200 wrote: Unfortunately not always applicable to Singapore. Example. A former work permit holder got married to a SC without permission from the gov. Children stay in Singapore (are SCs) will their mother be allowed to stay too?
+1.

And depending upon the circumstances that lead to the divorce and cancellation of LTVP, plus the fact the poster is from Asia, the odds are stacked against the poster, SC children or otherwise.

A personal friend went through the sharia court despite all crying, the judge ruled the father is best placed to care for the children. Mother was allowed to keep the children in her country during vacation etc

And another, civil court, husband was given custody and the wife, allowed unlimited visits, but that didn't translate into any form of pass for the wife to stay here. She had to get her own flight tickets for social visits.