Singapore Expats

banned listed

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Kkman

banned listed

Post by Kkman » Wed, 17 Feb 2016 3:00 pm

Dear who may concern,

i am wondering that how many years can enter singapore as visitor after get banned from MOM for the rules of "breaking up families in sg" ? And if the wife who involved find out that i am not related with her husband and go MOM unbanned my blacklisted name can we still look for a job and company allow apply work permit for us ? Please advice. Thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: banned listed

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 17 Feb 2016 3:28 pm

Kkman wrote:Dear who may concern,

i am wondering that how many years can enter singapore as visitor after get banned from MOM for the rules of "breaking up families in sg" ? And if the wife who involved find out that i am not related with her husband and go MOM unbanned my blacklisted name can we still look for a job and company allow apply work permit for us ? Please advice. Thanks
firstly, I don't know of this thing called 'breaking up family' unless somebody has been feeding you scary info.

And I don't understand this "And if the wife who involved find out that i am not related with her husband and go MOM unbanned my blacklisted name"

So the wife of the one who got your blacklisted is willing to clear your name ? So your wife is the culprit ?

Well, my 2 cents ? Clearing out the Blacklist is not guarantee for a pass. That is just a first step.

Those blacklisted have problems being granted passes, and MOM never said why.

Try and let us know what happens.

Kkman

Post by Kkman » Wed, 17 Feb 2016 6:29 pm

we doubt the wife who made the report and blacklisted because MOM will never tell anyone who is the one made report. Lets say the wife report me and she going to unbanned me and then i can enter singapore as visitor?
If not how many years i need to wait only i can enter singapore? Heard that the period of being banned is 6 months - 7 years, is it true ?

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 17 Feb 2016 6:35 pm

Kkman wrote:we doubt the wife who made the report and blacklisted because MOM will never tell anyone who is the one made report. Lets say the wife report me and she going to unbanned me and then i can enter singapore as visitor?
If not how many years i need to wait only i can enter singapore? Heard that the period of being banned is 6 months - 7 years, is it true ?
So you are the 3rd party and got close to someone else's hubby?

"Breaking up Family" Is this stamped on your passport?

Has the family actually broken up?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Wed, 17 Feb 2016 7:03 pm

It is an interesting case, how do you know you are banned?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: banned listed

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 17 Feb 2016 7:12 pm

Barnsley wrote:
Kkman wrote:we doubt the wife who made the report and blacklisted because MOM will never tell anyone who is the one made report. Lets say the wife report me and she going to unbanned me and then i can enter singapore as visitor?
So you are the 3rd party and got close to someone else's hubby?

"Breaking up Family" Is this stamped on your passport?

Has the family actually broken up?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I read it like the guy poster's wife got close with a man and the jilted fellow's wife got the poster and his wife banned.

Now the other man's wife wants to 'unban' the poster.

Or KKMAN is a man who got close with another man and the other man's wife got kkman banned.

Now she regrets her rash decision because there was no real love between kkman and her husband and wants to reverse the ban.

Enough script for a movie ....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Feb 2016 7:24 pm

I'm so confused! :???: #-o ](*,)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Kkman

Post by Kkman » Wed, 17 Feb 2016 7:49 pm

I am a girl and get banned from the wife of my guy friend. After so many times i had asked MOM what is the reason of revoked my permit only they told me i break the rules of "breaking up families". So what i want to know is without his wife going unbanned me, how many years that i can enter singapore again or if his wife go unbanned me, can i still look for a job in singapore?
FYI, i didnt broke up their family and they are still living happily together now. please advice. thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: banned listed

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 17 Feb 2016 8:29 pm

Kkman wrote:I am a girl and get banned from the wife of my guy friend. After so many times i had asked MOM what is the reason of revoked my permit only they told me i break the rules of "breaking up families". So what i want to know is without his wife going unbanned me, how many years that i can enter singapore again or if his wife go unbanned me, can i still look for a job in singapore?
FYI, i didnt broke up their family and they are still living happily together now. please advice. thanks
Simple answer?

Never heard of this thing called breaking up family - as a reason.

For regular ban you can write in. In this case I don't know.

There is no fixed time period for ban, it's either enforced or revoked. Again, that for regular ban.

If you really didn't even kiss the guy, you can tell Mom that you were wrongly accused.

But if you been messing with the guy, good luck. Forget Singapore , especially if the couple is citizen.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Thu, 18 Feb 2016 10:36 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'm so confused! :???: #-o ](*,)
What did I just read??? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 18 Feb 2016 10:53 am

Kkman wrote:I am a girl and get banned from the wife of my guy friend. After so many times i had asked MOM what is the reason of revoked my permit only they told me i break the rules of "breaking up families". So what i want to know is without his wife going unbanned me, how many years that i can enter singapore again or if his wife go unbanned me, can i still look for a job in singapore?
Fascinating... I have heard, and always assumed it was urban legend, that an SC could ask ICA / MOM to ban WP/EP and possibly even PR's for this type of activity. It seems unfair (and possibly unconstitutional if it doesn't involve a court and appeal process or a criminal conviction or a divorce case) but thanks to the OP it may be true!
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 18 Feb 2016 11:27 am

this is what happens when you get into an drunken orgy and you can't remember who's banged whom, so the then only way out to cancel everyone's employment passes.

P.S can i have some of what you were smoking/drinking that day?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 18 Feb 2016 11:50 am

PNGMK wrote:Fascinating... I have heard, and always assumed it was urban legend, that an SC could ask ICA / MOM to ban WP/EP and possibly even PR's for this type of activity. It seems unfair (and possibly unconstitutional if it doesn't involve a court and appeal process or a criminal conviction or a divorce case) but thanks to the OP it may be true!
From my personal knowledge and experience :

1) It is not hard to make life difficult for Work Pass holders. Say and Maid did something silly, or a worker did something terrible - but not enough evidence to put them out of their misery - you can always write in to MOM, saying this person, holding WP #, Full name etc, is an undesirable person.

Now, from the cases I seen around, 'sometimes' MOM take the notice seriously, and when the person tries to come back, they will refuse a pass, and not always reveal why. Again, it is not a given that MOM honours such attempts at blacklisting. (again, from my knowledge). Seems it works most of the time if the complainant was the employer.

2) For EP / PRs.

If somebody does the above, the chance of MOM / ICA even bothering to read such letters, is nearly zero (from my knowledge ..)

EP holders or PRs get blacklisted by self-service - i.e committing a crime that's bad, but not bad enough to get thrown out immdiately.

The effect of, say, and unpaid fine, or having given out IC details to a visa extension for a 'student girl' who studies in a KTV etc, may be dealt with when the person's REP/EP comes for renewal.

I may be entirely wrong on the above .. but that's how I have seen things happen.

For both cases, you can get the ban lifted if the crime / complaint was not right, or you persist.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 18 Feb 2016 12:16 pm

Let's not forget about the requirement to obtain permission if a WP holder wants to get married.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 18 Feb 2016 12:34 pm

x9200 wrote:Let's not forget about the requirement to obtain permission if a WP holder wants to get married.
Yep, that too ..