Singapore Expats

Good pediatrician but...

Discuss the various Pediatrician, Obstetrician & Gynaecologist options here.
gravida
Chatter
Chatter

Good pediatrician but...

Post by gravida » Wed, 23 Mar 2011 8:53 am

not the two recommended on this site: Belinda M-K and Mark L.

Hence, I am still looking for a good pediatrician. Someone who will listen and try to solve the problem and most importantly - focus on my child. Any recommendations?

I have edited my post after SMS post and removed WHAT exactly I did not like about the two doctors mentioned above.
Last edited by gravida on Wed, 23 Mar 2011 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:04 am

Did they actually hurt, misdiagnose or otherwise harm your child? Or are you just disgruntled that they didn't meet YOUR expectations. Nobody asked for recommendations for them, so I have to wonder why you seem to have a vendetta against them. So much so, that you would try to sabotage their livelihood by dissing them in an expat forum. Seems a little extreme to me.

Or let us put it a little differently. Would you like your job appraisal posted on the internet? Especially, if you do your job but for some reason seem to have issues at work that the boss thinks you should work on?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

gravida
Chatter
Chatter

Post by gravida » Wed, 23 Mar 2011 1:13 pm

Well, SMS, no, one of them did not hurt my child, the other actually made him suffer to be frank (however I guess it was not done on purpose).
I have described what I do not like about them to explain the reasons why I am not happy with the service, but okay if you as the moderator think it is too harsh, I will edit my initial post.
This is not a vendetta, I am simply looking for a GOOD pediatrician. You are misinterpreting my intentions.

BTW, I do not mind my name mentioned in the internet with feedback from my clients (be it good or bad, as this is sort of the lesson). Even more - as far as I know there are comments about me and my company and I am not freaking out. If you work for people, people will talk.

Regarding "nobody asked for the recommendation", indeed, it was me who was asking for one... and BECAUSE I have already searched the archives, I've mentioned the two names that were recommended before (and actually that was the reason why I used their services in the first place) to let know potential responders that I am looking for someone else. I also wanted to explain WHY I was not happy with their services, so people could have a slight idea what I am looking for, well, my mistake.

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowqueen » Sun, 31 Jul 2011 8:25 pm

I have seen a few pediatricians since being here and a couple of GPs too. I mainly went with the Singapore Baby & Child Clinic (SBCC) at TMC after my son was born. The clinic recently moved to Novena Medical Centre and I turned up without an appointment to see a Dr.

The lady I saw was called Dr Ellen Tay - I'm taking my son for a follow up check tomorrow. I felt she was very personable and listened and asked lots of questions about my son's history. I just felt like she was really interested and keen to help - which is what a Dr should be like but I have seen some that just seem to get you out the door fast with a huge bag of meds you have no clue what they are for.

It's now the Thomson Paediatic Centre, Novena Medical Centre - 6256 3291.

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowqueen » Sun, 31 Jul 2011 8:27 pm

Oh, and a couple of my friends quite like the Kinder Clinic. They have used the Parkway Parade clinic but that was closed when I went so had to go to Parkway East. Not bad but my friends think they are bit expensive.

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Sun, 31 Jul 2011 10:13 pm

Well...not sure what you need specifically, but FWIW, after my son was born I visited A/Prof Roy Joseph at NUH, but he is a neonatologist, which I suspect you don't need. However I've never been anything but satisfied with the way I've been treated at NUH. The doctors there have been extremely professional and I never once felt like I was having any sort of cultural/communication breakdown like I have experienced in other ways here in Sg. Since then however, I've only been visiting a GP at CHI (Body With Soul Network) at Rochester Park. Thankfully we haven't had any issues so we've only been for vaccinations and monthly measurements. The GP's name is Dr. Kwan Yew Seng. He's very congenial and knowledgeable and ready to answer questions. HTH

ufanima3

Re: Good pediatrician but...

Post by ufanima3 » Wed, 17 Feb 2016 10:41 pm

Please I would like a good paediatrician to be recommended who knows something about skeletal dysplasia. the baby is 27months(boy), I need him to be checked and if necessary undergo treatments and surgery if need be. Thank you