Singapore Expats

Airline Thread Stats

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Airline Thread Stats

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 30 Jan 2016 12:45 am

Just happened to see that the SIA Cabin Crew thread in Airline Careers has 29,259 posts... and... 7,916,259 views. Long thread to read all the way through, no?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Airline Thread Stats

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 30 Jan 2016 9:02 am

I wonder what the success percentage is per post, or the number of posts to equal a successful applicant. :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 30 Jan 2016 9:59 am

Who knows... almost 8 MILLION views is interesting... a lot of people would like to be cabin crew for SIA.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 30 Jan 2016 11:33 pm

Hehe... yeah that's big, especially considering it's a peripheral topic to the core theme of this forum.

[For the record, the longest topic I have seen was over 100k. It was on Motley Fool and on a sub-forum aimed specifically for banter, chat, OT, general silliness etc. Serves a purpose as it keeps the frolics off the serious boards. The topic title was 'This is the longest thread' :) That was years ago, heavens knows how long it is now.
This is another reason why I don't really advocate member-ID awards 'Most Likes, Top-100 Poster' and so on. As all such can be bent by those who wish to gain them, Top-100 Poster by posting 200 bullshit posts a day to the TITLT topic, and Most Likes by posting mile long bleeding heart sanctimonious bull$*** targeted for mass appeal every day.
IME Join Date and Post Count are enough to get a measure of a poster, all the gongs/medals just encourage bull$-t posting.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard