Singapore Expats

My PR got rejected after 2 months

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: My PR got rejected after 2 months

Post by JR8 » Mon, 11 Jan 2016 7:54 am

IME/O authorities these days probably know more about you than you do yourself, before you even walk in the door. So interviews are not about ascertaining facts as such, they are more about piecing together any remaining aspects of your profile that perhaps don't immediately quite fit obviously together, or are out of the mainstream.
A computer has already flagged up any such dis-connects, questions to ask/such 'buttons to press'. Sure they'll start by questioning the very basics, and onwards upwards. But lie at your peril, as they already have 90%/+ of the facts independently confirmed, and are simply figuring out anything 'non-standard', and much of it is sniffing for lies.
Same at Immigration in the UK [Customs Red Channel], US, Israel, and so on...
FWIW: There's no particular pattern to those countries, but together with SG they're the only ones where I've had interviews at their embassies and/or borders/ICA etc... only comparator between them is, they're security conscious countries, my time/pattern there was probably not that of an entirely regular visitor, and hence I didn't tick the regular boxes... AND, they already knew that via independent channels, and hence was flagged up.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

sgstrait
Regular
Regular

Re: RE: Re: My PR got rejected after 2 months

Post by sgstrait » Mon, 11 Jan 2016 8:02 am

PNGMK wrote:Of relevance to above... I was watching "Border control" - a UK based TV show about customs and immigration matters. In the show a slick looking (well fed in a suit) Indian dude was applying for skilled migration at the UK High Comm in Delhi. The TV crew were filming his interview. First error he made is that he wasn't certain what his degree was in! ("maybe accounting?"). The white brit interviewing him was having trouble believing his ears - "you mean you don't recall what you studied for four years?". Then the real fun started - the Brit IO had a sheaf of bank statements Mr Slick had submitted as proof of income (as a financial analyst). He informed Mr Slick that the British High Comm had checked with the bank and these statements were not correct and were fraudulent and could Mr Slick explain the difference? Of course the slime ball couldn't and kept asking for them back. The IO said "no - we will only return your passport". The slime ball then bolted for the door to discover it was locked - when he went back to ask for the door to be opened, the IO calmly informed him that the Indian police were on their way to arrest him for fraud - he was arrested on the show. The British govt. quite rightly banned Mr Slick for 10 years for any future visa applications.

So, I'd say yes. ICA definitely check the validity of your paperwork - I'm not sure they will call the police if obvious attempts to defraud them occur but it's a possibility.
Been trying to find it on YouTube but with no luck! Presume you mean "Border Force"? If you have a link would love to watch it, thanks!

Sent from my bottom using High-Powered-Air[TRADE MARK SIGN]

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 11 Jan 2016 8:12 am

sgstrait wrote:Been trying to find it on YouTube but with no luck! Presume you mean "Border Force"? If you have a link would love to watch it, thanks!

There are a few reality programs on the local cable as well, about Au and Canada Immigration.

Most have a similar scripts, but none were inside an embassy.

PS, what is this, "Sent from my bottom using High-Powered-Air[TRADE MARK SIGN]" ? :-k

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 11 Jan 2016 8:31 am

PNGMK wrote:So, I'd say yes. ICA definitely check the validity of your paperwork - I'm not sure they will call the police if obvious attempts to defraud them occur but it's a possibility.
From the bits of news I know and have seen, nope, they don't call the cops, unless it is for cases such as MOM / Work Pass.

For those who are having 'grey area' cases, ICA will pretend not to know about it.

And when your EP or REP comes for renewal, it will be rejected.

And no amount of wailing or demanding answers will get you anywhere.

And in the most unlikely case, eventually you may find out the Vietnam girl friend, who 'seemed like a nice lady', and who you met while she was enjoying a drink in a decent bar in 4 floors, and who lived with you for a month gratis- and for whom you got a Sim card under your IC, was caught for 'immoral activities' and that's 'possibly' why you can't stay here anymore.

Solution ? Pack your bags and go !

Ah, We Hope you had a great stay in Singapore, breaking the laws- however minor it may seem like ;)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 Jan 2016 8:34 am

ecureilx wrote: There are a few reality programs on the local cable as well, about Au and Canada Immigration.

Most have a similar scripts, but none were inside an embassy.

PS, what is this, "Sent from my bottom using High-Powered-Air[TRADE MARK SIGN]" ? :-k
Shows where most of his thinking and talking is done? :???: :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

MikeJones
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by MikeJones » Mon, 11 Jan 2016 12:03 pm

sgstrait wrote:...
Been trying to find it on YouTube but with no luck! Presume you mean "Border Force"? If you have a link would love to watch it, thanks!

This is the one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI6tC9VqWhI

The Indian chap section starts about 10:45, but they cut between different stories as it goes on.

Mike

sgstrait
Regular
Regular

Post by sgstrait » Mon, 11 Jan 2016 8:27 pm

Oh brilliant thanks! I'm at home, settled in in front of the telly with YouTube on watching this, and it's hilarious

Two standouts - the poor 35 year old indian married to an awful looking 60year old Welsh bint (how desperate must you be???) and the tourist that wants to visit the famous palaces such as "Birmingham Palace"!!!

Brilliant!

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Mon, 11 Jan 2016 8:46 pm

There is, in fact, a Palace in Birmingham...Alabama. Caution: Link not safe for/at work.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 11 Jan 2016 9:25 pm

sgstrait wrote: Two standouts - the poor 35 year old indian married to an awful looking 60year old Welsh bint (how desperate must you be???)
Who's desperate? The guy or rhe girl ?

It maybe a match really made in Heaven ;)

sgstrait
Regular
Regular

Post by sgstrait » Mon, 11 Jan 2016 10:25 pm

You couldn't make this up. Just before the Sky One narrator proudly started narrating the scene of an Indian national being browbeaten over his poor command of English at the British High Commission in Delhi.... THIS: