Singapore Expats

Chances of getting Singapore Citizenship

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Re: Chances of getting Singapore Citizenship

Post by Sp1d3rMan » Mon, 30 Nov 2015 10:16 pm

i own a car when i gotten my PR and now Citizenship, for now no issue, in future not sure. rules change time to time.

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Post by Sp1d3rMan » Mon, 30 Nov 2015 10:32 pm

Update progress for reference.

After submit document at Malaysia High Comm, they will give a pink slip collection note with date, collect the acknowledgement letter, photo copy the letter, bring down during the appointment date with picture x 3 (for IC), spare 1 for passport & all documents stated. Take queue number, do ur IC, wait for ur turn to take oath. and then you are done.

3Gambit

Post by 3Gambit » Wed, 02 Dec 2015 2:38 pm

Hello,

My REP is expiring on next May ( 2nd time) and I am thinking of trying my luck with walk-in interview in ICA.

I submitted the online form but did not book the appointment as the latest date I got is next year July/Aug.

Just want to check with you if I have any chance - or should I wait after my 2nd REP is renewed ?

Male, vietnamese
PR for 9 years
Master holder
Income: 75K per year
Single

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Post by Sp1d3rMan » Wed, 02 Dec 2015 7:05 pm

no fix rules, but the best is to wait till you renew your REP.

the slots available are almost that timing, for those walk in submission, they got the slot around April to May for now perhaps.

brightsunshine

Post by brightsunshine » Sun, 20 Dec 2015 11:51 am

Hi Spiderman,

I have gotten my IPA for citizenship and have completed all the SG journey and the surveys.

Can I just check with you: when ICA sends the Final approval letter, will the Citizenship Registration appointment date already be fixed by ICA and stated on the letter itself? Or do we pick the date ourselves? Is there a deadline to complete all the formalities , i.e renouncing the current citizenship etc?

Many thanks for your reply in advance :))

redancer

Post by redancer » Sun, 20 Dec 2015 6:30 pm

Hi all, i jus had my interview for citizenship application in end of nov this year. Submitted my daughter (newborn this year) citizenship application together. The officer asked abt the reason why my husband (who is a spr for 3yrs) did not submit the application together.

Just wonder if the answer given influences the result as im stupid enough to give a very negative answer - that he is not readied at this moment (i know i know i feel like slapping myself right after answering).

This is my profile: 28yo, 2.5 yr spr while applying, 48k annual salary, malaysian chinese, married with a child (sponsored by me for citizenship application), professional, no property.

Do you think i have a good chance (considering the stupid answer i gave)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 Dec 2015 7:01 pm

I reckon you will be rejected because of not doing a family application. It could be interpreted that just maybe, even though you are willing to commit and commit your daughter, you husband is keep the back door open. He might even think, we'll just maybe the husband is just waiting for you to give up your Malayisan citizenship and then does a runner back to M'sia and you cannot follow. I don't know. but I think that you definitely gave them the wrong answer, but frankly I don't think it would have made any difference in the world. The problem is it wasn't a family application. That is going to be the stumbling point. I hope I'm wrong, but.......
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Post by Sp1d3rMan » Mon, 21 Dec 2015 11:51 am

brightsunshine wrote:Hi Spiderman,

I have gotten my IPA for citizenship and have completed all the SG journey and the surveys.

Can I just check with you: when ICA sends the Final approval letter, will the Citizenship Registration appointment date already be fixed by ICA and stated on the letter itself? Or do we pick the date ourselves? Is there a deadline to complete all the formalities , i.e renouncing the current citizenship etc?

Many thanks for your reply in advance :))
Hello brightsunshine,

the final approval letter will be stating you date of appointment. You may pick your own date on ICA webpage but it will be more later date. Can't recall is there any date to complete but i guess so. once you got the letter, go to your current nationality embassy to renounce.

lot286
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lot286 » Tue, 22 Dec 2015 12:35 pm

HI Redancer,
My interview (applying together with my baby daughter) is in mid April. I am in the opposite position as you ..as my wife does not qualify (she's not a PR, while i am a PR for 15 years).. I hope i am asked that question because i will really like my wife to apply together with me and my daughter as one family unit

theffman

Post by theffman » Fri, 15 Jan 2016 4:15 pm

Hi there everyone... I am a SPR and is considering to apply for SC. I have a couple of questions which I wanted to check with all of you who might be able to answer. My wife and kids are born and bred S'poreans and if I have invested in properties in MY with my MY family members do I have to declare them or sell them off once becoming a SC? We own a HDB. What are your advice in going through this happy journey, well sometimes anxious journey? Thanks!

kellevine

Post by kellevine » Wed, 02 Mar 2016 4:57 pm

Hi Sp1d3rMan,

Since our last conversation on last Sep, finally it's my turn receiving IPA and time to complete the SC journey :D . My application took approx 1 year to be approved and to those out there patiently waiting, don't despair and you could be the next one to receive IPA =D>

Regards,
Kelvin

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Post by Sp1d3rMan » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 12:57 pm

theffman wrote:Hi there everyone... I am a SPR and is considering to apply for SC. I have a couple of questions which I wanted to check with all of you who might be able to answer. My wife and kids are born and bred S'poreans and if I have invested in properties in MY with my MY family members do I have to declare them or sell them off once becoming a SC? We own a HDB. What are your advice in going through this happy journey, well sometimes anxious journey? Thanks!
By right, upon purchasing HDB, you should have dispose your properties in Malaysia.

By left, from what i know (please correct me if im wrong) i dont remember there's rules that you have to dispose your Malaysia properties after becoming SC. Technically, you are Malaysian and you have the rights to own a property but you had changed Nationality, it is up to you to choose to sell it off or not.

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Post by Sp1d3rMan » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 12:58 pm

kellevine wrote:Hi Sp1d3rMan,

Since our last conversation on last Sep, finally it's my turn receiving IPA and time to complete the SC journey :D . My application took approx 1 year to be approved and to those out there patiently waiting, don't despair and you could be the next one to receive IPA =D>

Regards,
Kelvin
Congrats Kelvin! now you need to go thru the SG journey. Enjoy!!!!

angel0205

Post by angel0205 » Thu, 14 Apr 2016 11:11 pm

Hi Sp1d3rMan,

Your children are Singaporean now but still have Malaysian citizenship?

Sent from my Panasonic P51 using Tapatalk

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:58 am

Sp1d3rMan wrote:
theffman wrote:Hi there everyone... I am a SPR and is considering to apply for SC. I have a couple of questions which I wanted to check with all of you who might be able to answer. My wife and kids are born and bred S'poreans and if I have invested in properties in MY with my MY family members do I have to declare them or sell them off once becoming a SC? We own a HDB. What are your advice in going through this happy journey, well sometimes anxious journey? Thanks!
By right, upon purchasing HDB, you should have dispose your properties in Malaysia.

By left, from what i know (please correct me if im wrong) i dont remember there's rules that you have to dispose your Malaysia properties after becoming SC. Technically, you are Malaysian and you have the rights to own a property but you had changed Nationality, it is up to you to choose to sell it off or not.
To clarify this, SC or PR, once you own a HDB, all overseas properties have to go.
Can I get a new HDB flat if I used to/ still own or have full/ partial interest in a local/ overseas non-HDB property?

No, you may not. For a new flat application, all the listed owners and essential occupiers must not own, dispose, or have an estate or interest in any other local or overseas property:

Within 30 months before the date of the new flat application, and up to the date of taking possession of the new flat
Exemptions may be possible for exceptional cases. To apply, please fill and submit this property questionnaire.

The properties considered in this instance include but are not limited to:

HUDC flats (privatised and non-privatised)
Properties acquired by gift
Properties inherited as beneficiaries under a will or as a result of the Intestate Succession Act
Private property
Properties owned, acquired, or disposed through nominees, regardless of properties’ location
Source: http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/reside ... w/hdb-flat

If you have no money to buy private property and had to use government housing benefits (owning a HDB), by right you shouldn't be "rich enough" to own a property overseas.