Singapore Expats

volunteers for free life coaching

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
alevtinak

volunteers for free life coaching

Post by alevtinak » Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:31 am

'Hi All, Looking for a few volunteers for free life coaching. A few friends and I are training to be life coaches with the Coaches Training Institute (CTI). We are passionate about the benefits of coaching and would like to offer free coaching as part of our training. Would you, a friend or a partner be interested? Please EMAIL me on [email protected] if interested. Thanks for your support!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: volunteers for free life coaching

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 10 Dec 2015 12:38 pm

alevtinak wrote:'Hi All, Looking for a few volunteers for free life coaching. A few friends and I are training to be life coaches with the Coaches Training Institute (CTI). We are passionate about the benefits of coaching and would like to offer free coaching as part of our training. Would you, a friend or a partner be interested? Please EMAIL me on [email protected] if interested. Thanks for your support!
How much does it cost?

I meant cost of materials ;)

alevtinak

Re: volunteers for free life coaching

Post by alevtinak » Thu, 10 Dec 2015 12:53 pm

The only cost involved would be your time.
I presume you have access to a phone or internet and WiFi to use Skype without inquiring additional charges, if a remote mode of coaching is something suitable for you. Alternatively a cost of transport to get to a meeting place, if face-to-face is preferred.
On our part it is free, i.e. we are not charging you anything for it.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 10 Dec 2015 2:56 pm

alevtinak wrote:The only cost involved would be your time.
I presume you have access to a phone or internet and WiFi to use Skype without inquiring additional charges, if a remote mode of coaching is something suitable for you. Alternatively a cost of transport to get to a meeting place, if face-to-face is preferred.
On our part it is free, i.e. we are not charging you anything for it.
Since it sounds so good, can you give a brief about "Life Coaches" for the benefit of the posters here in this forum ?

alevtinak

Post by alevtinak » Thu, 10 Dec 2015 3:05 pm

Here you are, a definition of a governing body we are working towards of becoming members of once our training is complete:
ICF defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment. Coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach's responsibility is to:
•Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
•Encourage client self-discovery
•Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
•Hold the client responsible and accountable

This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential.

You can find more at: http://coachfederation.org/need/landing ... Number=978