Singapore Expats

LTVP for spouse

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mickey1990

LTVP for spouse

Post by mickey1990 » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 5:38 am

Hello all,

I am a Singapore citizen. I am currently residing/working overseas with my spouse.

I am planning to apply for a LTVP for my spouse when we are back in singapore for a week.

One of the requirement is to have a valid visit pass. My spouse does not require a visa to visit Singapore. So how do we have a valid visit pass when she comes to Singapore?

Does anyone has the experience of applying for the LTVP and then going out of Singapore?

Appreciate any advice.

xyz123459

Re: LTVP for spouse

Post by xyz123459 » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 6:24 am

In order to apply for LTVP, you should have a job in Singapore, If I am not wrong.
She can enter in SG with a social visit pass.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

mickey1990

Post by mickey1990 » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 6:44 am

Job requirement is not a criteria.

What exactly is a social visit pass? My spouse does not require a Visa to visit Singapore.

Is the Disembarkation / Embarkation Card card a Visit pass??

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 6:58 am

Yes. As is the entry chop she will receive in her passport when she comes through immigration.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mickey1990

Post by mickey1990 » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 7:56 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yes. As is the entry chop she will receive in her passport when she comes through immigration.
Thanks.

Does anyone know if it is feasible to come into Singapore for a week and in that period i apply for a LTVP for my spouse?

We would want to resettle in Singapore only if we can get a LTVP+ so that she can get a job and healthcare subsidy.

Appreciate any advice.

Sporkin
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sporkin » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 10:24 am

You may not get the In-principle approval within a week. When she comes in, depending on which country may be eligible for up to 90 days of SVP, the initial VP duration issued is up to the discretion of the checkpoint officer, after which you can proceed to ICA to apply for your LTVP+. If the initial VP is judged insufficiently long of duration to await the outcome of the LTVP+, the officer would extend( or you remind them ) to extend the VP.

Now the things I do not know are:
a) will the processing of the LTVP+ still continue if you were to leave the country before getting the IPA
b) is the full eligibility of her SVP the maximum days + bridging extension for LTVP+, or is the maximum days a hard limit, meaning if you were to be silly and apply for LTVP+ only at the final week of her maximum stay.

In any case you might want to give them a call, or ask a local proxy to check up on that.

FYI spouse of Citizens get LTVP+. I am unsure whether spouse of PRs fall under this category too.

mickey1990 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yes. As is the entry chop she will receive in her passport when she comes through immigration.
Thanks.

Does anyone know if it is feasible to come into Singapore for a week and in that period i apply for a LTVP for my spouse?

We would want to resettle in Singapore only if we can get a LTVP+ so that she can get a job and healthcare subsidy.

Appreciate any advice.
Last edited by Sporkin on Tue, 01 Dec 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: LTVP for spouse

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 11:56 am

Sporkin wrote: Now the things I do not know is:
a) will the processing of the LTVP+ still continue if you were to leave the country before getting the IPA
>
FYI spouse of Citizens get LTVP+. I am unsure whether spouse of PRs fall under this category too.
The longest LTVP application I know took 3 months.

You can leave while LTVP is being processed but upon going for the document submission (you may be asked to submit additional documents ) the DE card which serves as the appointment reference won't work on the kiosk, just get queue number from counter.

Spouse of SC maybe given LTVP or LTVP+, there was no assurance of Plus.

I was told spouse of PR married for more than 3 years can apply for +.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 11:59 am

mickey1990 wrote: We would want to resettle in Singapore only if we can get a LTVP+ so that she can get a job and healthcare subsidy.
You may get LTVP or LTVP+, its up to immigration.

Sporkin
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sporkin » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 1:40 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm applying for the second time for another year of LTVP for my wife, but mine is a straight forward dull as dishwater case with both parties in SG.
ecureilx wrote:
>

You can leave while LTVP is being processed but upon going for the document submission (you may be asked to submit additional documents ) the DE card which serves as the appointment reference won't work on the kiosk, just get queue number from counter.

mickey1990

Post by mickey1990 » Wed, 02 Dec 2015 2:31 am

ecureilx wrote:
>

Do we know if the spouse is getting LTVP or LTVP+ when we are submitting additional documents?

I wonder if the documents can be submitted electronically. We are currently in States and will take us a long time to go home to submit additional documents..

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: LTVP for spouse

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 02 Dec 2015 8:23 am

mickey1990 wrote: Do we know if the spouse is getting LTVP or LTVP+ when we are submitting additional documents?

I wonder if the documents can be submitted electronically. We are currently in States and will take us a long time to go home to submit additional documents..
Additional documents are what they are, just additional documents. No decision / director offered at the time of submission.

The words counting the chicken comes to mind.

Previously ICA used to advise that LTVP+ will be at their discretion, influenced by period of marriage and salary and such, I presume.

You wanna know if you will get a Ltvp+ now ?

Ask ICA in that case.

You could not submit electronically without a DE card. Not sure how it is now.

yeshah02

Post by yeshah02 » Fri, 04 Dec 2015 3:01 am

For the spouse of singapore citizen you will apply ltvp+ if approved either 1 yr or 3 yrs..

For spouse of PR
=ltvp if approved only given 1 yr renewable.

Both passes can work as.long as employer will apply LOC.

niceit198

Post by niceit198 » Tue, 08 Dec 2015 12:15 am

no separate application. ltvp+ only will eligible if your spouse married with u, at least 3years or have singapore citizen child.

once ltvp+ approved will gain 3 year staying, next renew will be 5 year
mickey1990 wrote:Hello all,

I am a Singapore citizen. I am currently residing/working overseas with my spouse.

I am planning to apply for a LTVP for my spouse when we are back in singapore for a week.

One of the requirement is to have a valid visit pass. My spouse does not require a visa to visit Singapore. So how do we have a valid visit pass when she comes to Singapore?

Does anyone has the experience of applying for the LTVP and then going out of Singapore?

Appreciate any advice.