Singapore Expats

PR APPLICATION (Foreign Wife)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
supercrazyannie

PR APPLICATION (Foreign Wife)

Post by supercrazyannie » Sun, 29 Nov 2015 2:20 pm

Hi Everyone I need your honest opinion about applying for PR, here is my background

Im 23 years old
I'm a degree holder from a known university in philippines
I was an S-Pass holder working on the IT industry for 1 year and 5 months
Im married for 6 months now to a singaporean chinese who works in Police coast guard (government)
He earns about 4600
now I am holding an LTVP now and earning about 2k
I am a filipina
I've been here for 2 years and 2 months already
we are curently buying a resale 4 room flat.

--I am applying for PR this coming december and I'm not sure if im wasting my time

Im just scared because all my sisters in law are encouraging me to apply for this and I'm not sure whether i am even qualified or not

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR APPLICATION (Foreign Wife)

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 29 Nov 2015 2:37 pm

Try for it. Although be prepared for the worst. It no success, continue on an LTVP until you have been here married for over two years and then try again. My Account's Clerk is/was in much the same position, except her husband is a PR lecturer at a local University and she was on an S pass and is now working on an LoC with me. She was just rejected for PR as well. But she will wait two years and try again.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: PR APPLICATION (Foreign Wife)

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 29 Nov 2015 3:14 pm

supercrazyannie wrote: Im just scared because all my sisters in law are encouraging me to apply for this and I'm not sure whether i am even qualified or not
Scared of what?

As SMS said, apply .. it's not just yours but your husband's details too which will be taken into consideration.

supercrazyannie

Post by supercrazyannie » Sun, 29 Nov 2015 3:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Try for it. Although be prepared for the worst. It no success, continue on an LTVP until you have been here married for over two years and then try again. My Account's Clerk is/was in much the same position, except her husband is a PR lecturer at a local University and she was on an S pass and is now working on an LoC with me. She was just rejected for PR as well. But she will wait two years and try again.

rejections are one of my fears that's why initially I dont really want to apply for the PR. if it wasn't for my sisters-in-law :( Thank you for your advice, I guess i wont lose anything if i continue applying

supercrazyannie

Re: RE: PR APPLICATION (Foreign Wife)

Post by supercrazyannie » Sun, 29 Nov 2015 3:17 pm

ecureilx wrote:
supercrazyannie wrote: Im just scared because all my sisters in law are encouraging me to apply for this and I'm not sure whether i am even qualified or not
Scared of what?

As SMS said, apply .. it's not just yours but your husband's details too which will be taken into consideration.

I am scared of rejections although yes I know it's normal but I cant stop myself from being scared especially that I dont have much "special qualities" to be a pr i guess. as they consider those who has high paying jobs

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Sun, 29 Nov 2015 5:14 pm

In your case, there is nothing to lose by applying except some little time filling up papers and queueing. Just go for it.