Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pinkprincess

Post by pinkprincess » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 4:00 am

hi...im thinking of gg the interview this sat...shall be my 1st time.anyone else here coming?good luck in advance!

tresorinlove

Post by tresorinlove » Sat, 07 Sep 2013 3:54 pm

hello everyone! i need to find out more updated information - is it still true that silkair crews can apply for internal transfer to SQ ( by going for management interviews arranged internally, not via open day) after the 18 months bond?

anyone know of any silkair crew who were successful in the transfer recently? ( like in the recent months or 1 to 2 years)

thanks in advance!

angel--ina

Post by angel--ina » Sat, 07 Sep 2013 11:14 pm

yes u may transfer after 3 years of working.. but silk air is expanding so far no open transfer to sq for the pass 3 year... each time only 5 or 6 crews will be able to transfer( out of hundreds who try) so if yr qualification is enough iit is easier to try sq from the open day than transfer
tresorinlove wrote:hello everyone! i need to find out more updated information - is it still true that silkair crews can apply for internal transfer to SQ ( by going for management interviews arranged internally, not via open day) after the 18 months bond?

anyone know of any silkair crew who were successful in the transfer recently? ( like in the recent months or 1 to 2 years)

thanks in advance!

tresorinlove

Post by tresorinlove » Sun, 15 Sep 2013 4:22 pm

angel--ina wrote:yes u may transfer after 3 years of working.. but silk air is expanding so far no open transfer to sq for the pass 3 year... each time only 5 or 6 crews will be able to transfer( out of hundreds who try) so if yr qualification is enough iit is easier to try sq from the open day than transfer
tresorinlove wrote:hello everyone! i need to find out more updated information - is it still true that silkair crews can apply for internal transfer to SQ ( by going for management interviews arranged internally, not via open day) after the 18 months bond?

thanks in advance!

Hi Angelina, thanks for your reply! I have checked with a friend who is a crew with silkair... and yup you are right.

Has any one from the 31 Aug batch received their confirmation after medical?

haruee23

Re: Silkair

Post by haruee23 » Wed, 22 Jul 2015 7:02 pm

Hi anybody going for the walk in interview on 24 July this friday? :)

pianoplayer
Regular
Regular

Post by pianoplayer » Fri, 02 Oct 2015 2:47 am

anybody that has managed to pass all rounds and is undergoing training now?? i guess they stopped hiring since the website has no new dates for october. a friend told me she met a couple of gals that failed e management round from sq and were called up to go for silkair. interesting.

retrostuff

Post by retrostuff » Mon, 05 Oct 2015 5:19 pm

[quote="pianoplayer"]anybody that has managed to pass all rounds and is undergoing training now?? i guess they stopped hiring since the website has no new dates for october. a friend told me she met a couple of gals that failed e management round from sq and were called up to go for silkair. interesting.[/quote]

I failed the management round from the recent sq interview. I wished I was called up ](*,)

pianoplayer
Regular
Regular

Post by pianoplayer » Mon, 05 Oct 2015 6:24 pm

retrostuff wrote:
pianoplayer wrote:anybody that has managed to pass all rounds and is undergoing training now?? i guess they stopped hiring since the website has no new dates for october. a friend told me she met a couple of gals that failed e management round from sq and were called up to go for silkair. interesting.
I failed the management round from the recent sq interview. I wished I was called up ](*,)
lol maybe they thought you might be successful if you try sq again??

lollipopkiss

Post by lollipopkiss » Mon, 16 Nov 2015 5:04 pm

How long do you receive the confirmation email after the medical checkup? Anyone from the 23 October 2015 interview received any email already?

Aerialace

Post by Aerialace » Sat, 21 Nov 2015 7:49 pm

Hello guys, I need some help here.. may i know how does silkair interviewers choose their candidates? And like, why is it soooooo hard to pass the 1st stage of the interview ? Is there something specific they are looking for ? Plsss helppp, its my 4th try with silkair and still got boot out on 1st stage.. What did i go wrong there... Im like, damsel in distress.. Hahaha !

Aerialace

Post by Aerialace » Sat, 21 Nov 2015 7:58 pm

I went to their recruitment yesterday, and the 1st stage, the interviewer chose 3 candidates out of 10. 1 is a guy , Unemployed , wore jeans, had earings on both ear, and he even StumbleJitter during his turn like for 2mins..
The other 1 is a Chef, wore casual shirt , jeans and loafers.. They're not even in Proper formal attire for the interview, yet She passed them.. I can say i did quite well back there, and not forgetting an excrew from jetstar too and other candidates that did well too.. But didnt got through.. We were all surprised and dazzled on why they did this.. Haez... Just how do they chooooseeee ????
*sigh

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 21 Nov 2015 10:39 pm

It's called the X factor. You either got it or you don't. And no, it's not something you can write down in Black & White and cram for. You got it or you don't.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Aerialace

Post by Aerialace » Sun, 22 Nov 2015 3:51 pm

Wow... Well... That's convincing :-k

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 22 Nov 2015 4:08 pm

Wow...well...I guess you 'weren't' that convincing. :-k

:oops!: :shit:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

lollipopkiss

Post by lollipopkiss » Tue, 24 Nov 2015 4:24 pm

Hi all, anyone from 23 Oct interview received any email after medical?