Singapore Expats Forum

PEP to EP conversion

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

tomjack

PEP to EP conversion

Postby tomjack » Sun, 15 Nov 2015 11:07 am

Hi,

I have been in Singapore for more than 5.5 years now, and am on PEP. Since, my PEP is expiring in Jan company has applied for the EP. I had applies for the PR ( 2 years earlier) but it was rejected.
I am on a good salary here, but there was a minor incident that happened in 2007 for which i had to pay fine in court ( misunderstanding with a female in a bar) then. I had declared the same when i came back in 2010 and EP was approved, then i applied for the PEP which was also approved with the same declaration.

Now, its been 10 working days i haven't heard back anything from MOM on the EP application, needless to say i have declared the same this time as well.I would like to know what are my chances of getting the EP this time. Can someone please advise.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: PEP to EP conversion

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 15 Nov 2015 12:35 pm

tomjack wrote:Hi,

I have been in Singapore for more than 5.5 years now, and am on PEP. Since, my PEP is expiring in Jan company has applied for the EP. I had applies for the PR ( 2 years earlier) but it was rejected.
I am on a good salary here, but there was a minor incident that happened in 2007 for which i had to pay fine in court ( misunderstanding with a female in a bar) then. I had declared the same when i came back in 2010 and EP was approved, then i applied for the PEP which was also approved with the same declaration.

Now, its been 10 working days i haven't heard back anything from MOM on the EP application, needless to say i have declared the same this time as well.I would like to know what are my chances of getting the EP this time. Can someone please advise.

Female in a bar?

Anyway it's just 10 days, if you are being vetted it may take much longer.

Siv
Regular
Regular

Re: PEP to EP conversion

Postby Siv » Sun, 15 Nov 2015 8:23 pm

tomjack wrote:Hi,

You could check on EP Online (non login) and see the exact status....

Siv