Singapore Expats

Singapore Citizenship Processing Time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nakatago

Re: Singapore Citizenship Processing Time

Post by nakatago » Tue, 13 Jan 2015 6:52 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:Not to demotivate you. But, No two profiles are the same. Even if they appear the same on the high level, there might be a 1% difference which we may not be able to see that ICA can see and the outcome of the application,for both the profiles will be different. So, in short there is no real use in comparing profiles.
STOP BEING REASONABLE!
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

lfo_24

Post by lfo_24 » Wed, 14 Jan 2015 12:25 pm

Any advice if one should update his / her application, example, job changes or salary while waiting for the outcome? If yes, how do we do that? Thank you beforehand :)

happyeggs

Post by happyeggs » Wed, 14 Jan 2015 1:06 pm

lfo_24 wrote:Any advice if one should update his / her application, example, job changes or salary while waiting for the outcome? If yes, how do we do that? Thank you beforehand :)
Same here. My salary has been reviewed but i do not know whether i shld update ICA and how to update.
Is there any citizenship application number anyway?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Jan 2015 2:55 pm

happyeggs wrote:
lfo_24 wrote:Any advice if one should update his / her application, example, job changes or salary while waiting for the outcome? If yes, how do we do that? Thank you beforehand :)
Same here. My salary has been reviewed but i do not know whether i shld update ICA and how to update.
Your citizenship application number is your FIN number. This will never change until you are given citizenship (if), then it is changed to an NRIC number. FIN numbers start with either F or G, NRICs start with S It's also your Income Tax Reference number.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 14 Jan 2015 3:14 pm

happyeggs wrote:

You can update them using your NRIC as a reference (or) after they accepted your application, they would have given you an acknowledgement letter which also will have another application reference. You can use that also.

For submission of additional documents/updates, you can either email ICA or Visit ICA and ask for a Q token for additional documents/update submission and submit it at ICA.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 14 Jan 2015 11:46 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Your citizenship application number is your FIN number. This will never change until you are given citizenship (if), then it is changed to an NRIC number. FIN numbers start with either F or G, NRICs start with S It's also your Income Tax Reference number.
If you are a PR you already have an NRIC number... does it remain the same if you get citizenship?

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Thu, 15 Jan 2015 9:23 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote: Is there any citizenship application number anyway?

Your citizenship application number is your FIN number. This will never change until you are given citizenship (if), then it is changed to an NRIC number. FIN numbers start with either F or G, NRICs start with S It's also your Income Tax Reference number.
Sorry SMS, the application number is different from the FIN/NRIC. The application number is under the barcode on your appointment letter/application confirmation and takes the form of ROC-2014-XXXXXXXX or similar.

kcsyfne wrote:
curiousgeorge wrote:My approval took a year, and I had been PR a bit longer.
May i know your nationality and also profile if you dont mind to share?
My nationality was British and Profile is single, rich and fabulously good-looking.
Strong Eagle wrote:If you are a PR you already have an NRIC number... does it remain the same if you get citizenship?
[/quote]
Yes, its the same number. What isn't advertised much is that from taking your Oath (the day you become a citizen) to receiving your new pink IC can take up to five months. You have to wait for the next citizenship ceremony with your MP/GRC rep. Instead you get a little bit of chopped paper that confused HR departments, banks, HDB etc. ](*,)

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 15 Jan 2015 9:37 am

curiousgeorge wrote:My nationality was British and Profile is single, rich and fabulously good-looking.
Do you also have that wonderful accent a lot of non-British women find sexxxxaaaayyy?*

*Haley Atwell and James Darcy had been killing it in Agent Carter and it's been a fun ride.

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Thu, 15 Jan 2015 9:42 am

nakatago wrote:
Do you also have that wonderful accent a lot of non-British women find sexxxxaaaayyy?*
Yes. And non-British men. :-k

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:04 am

curiousgeorge wrote:
nakatago wrote:
Yes. And non-British men. :-k
"Cor blimey, guv'nah!"

sgpr82

Post by sgpr82 » Mon, 02 Nov 2015 4:54 pm

Just a quick update on the Citizenship Status. It is coming close to 2 years now and we still haven't received an update from ICA yet. There's no real rush but I just thought of updating all you guys over here.

Ethnicity: Indian couple
Married since: Jan '13
Profession: Bankers
PR since: Aug 2011
Home ownership: A condo
Kids: no

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 02 Nov 2015 5:21 pm

So, you have yet had your first Re-entry permit renewal, correct? In the past, we tended to see ICA using that as a somewhat 'yardstick' as to the best time to apply for SC. Most successes were seen after renewing the REP the first or second time. Rarely have we seen then getting SC during the first 5 years of PR. There's been a couple but not too many. Good Luck. But frankly you gave all the signals to ICA that you are desperate to gain SC for some reason. You've been a PR for only 4 years. Good luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sgpr82

Post by sgpr82 » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 3:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:So, you have yet had your first Re-entry permit renewal, correct? In the past, we tended to see ICA using that as a somewhat 'yardstick' as to the best time to apply for SC. Most successes were seen after renewing the REP the first or second time. Rarely have we seen then getting SC during the first 5 years of PR. There's been a couple but not too many. Good Luck. But frankly you gave all the signals to ICA that you are desperate to gain SC for some reason. You've been a PR for only 4 years. Good luck.
Yup, I am going to apply for an REP renewal around Apr/May. Lets see how things go.

I have been in Singapore since 2007 but applied for PR in 2011. My wife has been here since 2009. Plus we got married in Singapore itself.