Singapore Expats

Visitor Visa Request Rejected - Appeal Stauts & Next Steps - Suggestions

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singh1221

Visitor Visa Request Rejected - Appeal Stauts & Next Steps - Suggestions

Post by singh1221 » Fri, 21 Aug 2015 4:44 pm

Hello,
Thank you for your time in reading my post and request for your suggestions.
My friend was planning to visit Singapore on social visit with the intention of visitng Singapore for 2 weeks. I am an EP holder and i applied for social visit pass for her through my Singaporean friend.
The social visit pass was rejected status "not successful" after 4 days of online submission.
Additionally my friend had worked in Singapore on Preoffessional Artist Work Permit for 3 times in last 3 years and has visited Singapore on Socal Visit pass in 2013 for a week. She has never overstayed in Singapore. During 2013 she visited Singapore 4 days and continued on-ward journey to Thailand for holidays and returning back to india through Singapore and statyed for 2 days in Singapore. In 2013 she was provided multiple entry visa for the period of request of 1 month.
My singaporean friend had submitted the request and provided the address of stay as my home address. After the rejection i visited ICA with my Singaporean friend for appealing for the social visit, met the officer and provided the details of IC/my EP copy. ICA officer whome we met informed us that they will look into the appeal and in next 14 days the result will be informed to us.
14 days are completed as of yesterday and have not heard any update/result from ICA the online status still suggests that the request is 'not successful', i would request your suggestions on the below:
a. Should i visit ICA and enquire about the status?
b. Should i apply social visit visa again through my Singaporean Contact? If Yes, should i do apply online or should i visit and submit the visa request?
c. Should i apply social visit visa from the Singapore Consultate from India?

Thank you all in advance for your time and suggestions.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Visitor Visa Request Rejected - Appeal Stauts & Next Steps - Suggestions

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 21 Aug 2015 6:01 pm

singh1221 wrote:Additionally my friend had worked in Singapore on Preoffessional Artist Work Permit for 3 times in last 3 years and has visited Singapore on Socal Visit pass in 2013 for a week.
The 6 months pass ? :(

ICA is not fond of those who have been here in the "Artist" Permit .. from what I know, especially from countries that require visa.
a. Should i visit ICA and enquire about the status?
It wont change anything
b. Should i apply social visit visa again through my Singaporean Contact? If Yes, should i do apply online or should i visit and submit the visa request?
I thought they stopped accepting direct submission ? I don't know if it will make any difference.
c. Should i apply social visit visa from the Singapore Consultate from India?
In fact, why didn't you apply in the High Comm there, in the first place ?

Unless you are related, or married, being a 'friend' is not so welcome I guess

singh1221

Post by singh1221 » Sat, 22 Aug 2015 5:16 pm

Thank you ecureilx for your time and response.

Yes this is the 6 month work permit. I was under the impression for Artiste coming from India this would not apply.
ICA Website mentions that of physical application submission is possible.
The main reason why we dint apply from Consulate was to avoid the longer processing and there were travels plans with to visit Thailand during the SG 50 long weekend, hence thought it would be faster on-line submission.
I guess will visit the ICA and check with the Officer on the status.
Thanks again for your help.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Visitor Visa Request Rejected - Appeal Stauts & Next Steps - Suggestions

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 22 Aug 2015 10:33 pm

singh1221 wrote: Yes this is the 6 month work permit. I was under the impression for Artiste coming from India this would not apply..
An Indian dancer is no different from any other dancer, from Russia or Philippines or Thailand. Unless she was under a different pass

venka81

Re: Visitors Visa Request Rejected - Need suggestion

Post by venka81 » Sun, 18 Oct 2015 6:29 pm

Hi,

I have applied tourist visa for my in-law through online but it got rejected, Again based on the advise of one agent I reapplied by adding a new and clear photo but still the visa got rejected once more.

My in-law stayed in Singapore in the month of may'15, but unknowingly he overstayed for a day. At the time of departure the immigration team warned him. Will this be the reason for visa rejection?

Could anyone help will he able to get the tourist visa? Is there any cooling period criteria? Any quick suggestion is highly appreciated

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Visitors Visa Request Rejected - Need suggestion

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 18 Oct 2015 8:36 pm

venka81 wrote:Hi,

I have applied tourist visa for my in-law through online but it got rejected, Again based on the advise of one agent I reapplied by adding a new and clear photo but still the visa got rejected once more.

My in-law stayed in Singapore in the month of may'15, but unknowingly he overstayed for a day. At the time of departure the immigration team warned him. Will this be the reason for visa rejection?

Could anyone help will he able to get the tourist visa? Is there any cooling period criteria? Any quick suggestion is highly appreciated
One day over staying is not likely to be the cause, unless he has been visiting Singapore more often than you may admit

There is no cooling off period, and perish that idea of 'cooling off' - re: ICA

Recommended, for every visit, if you are on a visa-in-advance passport, go back home for 3 months and then apply. And the longer the better.

And a plan B: go to ICA with the form and submit manually and hope they say something

PS, what kind of agent would you be talking about here ?

venka81

Post by venka81 » Sun, 18 Oct 2015 11:44 pm

Hi Thanks for the reply,

I have applied after 5 months post my in-laws departure from Singapore, this is the 2nd time they have planned for a visit, as mentioned in my earlier post visa got rejected twice. If i try from India will it work?

For your information, I went through the portal of IADVENTURE ESCAPE PTE. LTD (online visa portal) for visa submission.

Please provide your valuable suggestions.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Mon, 19 Oct 2015 12:35 am

Weren't you aware you can submit their visa applications via SAVE?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 19 Oct 2015 11:06 am

BBCWatcher wrote:Weren't you aware you can submit their visa applications via SAVE?
Submission through your Local Contact
You can also submit your application through your local contact if he/she is a Singapore Citizen/Singapore Permanent Resident who is at least 21 years old and has a SingPass account. Please submit the visa application within 30 days prior to arrival in Singapore. Your local contact is required to furnish his/her passport details in SAVE.

Submission through Authorised Visa Agent/Strategic Partner
You may submit your application through the authorised visa agents and strategic partners.
Please consult the respective overseas missions and ICA for more information about the authorised visa agents/strategic partners.

You need to have Singpass, to use SAVE, and I see nowhere OP having mentioned his status - EP/PR/SC

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Mon, 19 Oct 2015 11:19 am

Quite right, ecureilx. SAVE only works if venka81 is a citizen or PR. I overlooked the fact he didn't mention his status in Singapore.

A trip to Lavender MRT and a stop at ICA might be in order here. I like that idea upthread. However, bear in mind that ICA has absolute discretion in this matter. If ICA doesn't want to approve a visa then that's that. One (admittedly awkward) workaround is to meet up across one of the causeways in Johor Bahru if Malaysia will approve a visa. Malaysia Airlines and Air Asia have fairly good connecting service between Senai International Airport and several cities in India via Kuala Lumpur.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 19 Oct 2015 11:57 am

BBCWatcher wrote:One (admittedly awkward) workaround is to meet up across one of the causeways in Johor Bahru if Malaysia will approve a visa. Malaysia Airlines and Air Asia have fairly good connecting service between Senai International Airport and several cities in India via Kuala Lumpur.
Ok, this is where I ask, what are you smoking ?

If the guy can keep his in law in Malaysia, he can keep the in law in India, where things are much better.

Ah, never mind, you seem to be on to something that nobody can think of !!!

PS, in case you are not clear, Sub Cons want the in-laws to be with them, not to visit them, and also the in-laws help baby sit and all. So again, leaving them in JB won't fly .... except for you maybe

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Mon, 19 Oct 2015 12:07 pm

ecureilx wrote:Ok, this is where I ask, what are you smoking ?
There's no reason whatsoever to be rude. We simply disagree, apparently.

I assert that Johor Bahru is indeed an awkward (as mentioned) but viable option for some people in these circumstances. If Venka81's in-laws are unable to obtain a visa to visit Singapore then Venka81 can decide if that alternative is worth pursuing or not. It's not our decision to make.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 19 Oct 2015 12:22 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:
ecureilx wrote:Ok, this is where I ask, what are you smoking ?
There's no reason whatsoever to be rude. We simply disagree, apparently.

I assert that Johor Bahru is indeed an awkward (as mentioned) but viable option for some people in these circumstances. If Venka81's in-laws are unable to obtain a visa to visit Singapore then Venka81 can decide if that alternative is worth pursuing or not. It's not our decision to make.
Am not being rude, but I can't understand the whole rational behind your idea

my 2 cents ? as Venka81 is from India, and if Venka81 needs to keep his in law in Malaysia, I know what he will choose - he will go back to India with his In Law. Or keep his in law in India.

I am not disagreeing, but find your alternate suggestion incredible

Cheers

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 Oct 2015 12:26 pm

You'll have to forgive BBC as he's new to the forum and hasn't had the opportunity to avail himself of our excellent archives which would show very much the relationship between Indian sons and their mothers & MiL's (whom they never let untie the apron strings). Give BBC time and hopefully, a chance to read some of the archives so as to no longer sound like a parrot like the rest of us, always having to regurgitate the same answers to posters who are too lazy or proud to do any research of their own. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Mon, 19 Oct 2015 1:17 pm

I find it "incredible" that I'm being criticized at all for presentation of an option on the basis that Venka81's in-laws are from India and all Indians act the same certain way in these circumstances.

It's very simple. A bus ride from Singapore to Johor Bahru is a lot shorter and less expensive than a multi hour plane ride from Singapore to any point in India. Unless anybody has an idea for how to bend time and space, this reality matters to many perfectly reasonable people. Yes, including many Indians. Some people would use this workaround (if available), and some would not. It's an option, nothing more, nothing less.

So how about we present all options, then we let Venka81 decide what he/she and his/her in-laws want to do? Let's skip the pungent aroma of racial prejudice wafting through this forum while we're at it.