Singapore Expats

Applying for PR Tomorrow

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Applying for PR Tomorrow

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 6:56 pm

Canada may not be the promised land I fear. I know far too many folk who have migrated there and truly struggled to get a decent job or restart their career.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Applying for PR Tomorrow

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 7:16 pm

PNGMK wrote:Canada may not be the promised land I fear. I know far too many folk who have migrated there and truly struggled to get a decent job or restart their career.

I saw some Canadian blogs demanding new immigrants be given less privilege since they have contributed nothing yet, but reaping the benefits of the predecessors. :D

Funny !!!!

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 7:44 pm

PNGMK, OP is not the average economic immigrant. He will do just fine there.

Manoj.K

Post by Manoj.K » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 8:12 pm

PNGMK - I am not searching for any promised land. I just want to NOT have the tension or headache of trying to understand what the ICA is thinking. Its a waste of my time.

WD40 - LOL! We will find out soon enough.

eCureilx - I have learnt in the past 3 months that Canada is far too mature to impinge on any legal immigrants freedoms. There might be pockets of madness but no full-fledged contempt that we see in the media from "locals". No - "They stink.....", No - "They are here for money....", No - "They eat curry...." etc. etc. going on here. People are happy and busy with their own lives. The way I prefer it to be.

SMS - I had written a point by point response to your moderation attempt. I believe your moderation is either biased or misdirected. If research was your concern, I would ask how JR8's fighting PAPPIES from 1994 to (at least) 2010 makes it a stay in Singapore of 6/7 years. Also for a person who seems to have 5-6 years of experience in England, Germany, Singapore, US JR8 doesn't seem to be wise - still has the holier than thou attitude - the same one that he and you attempted to leave when you all moved to this forum from expatsingapore.

JR8 - Whatever you say doesn't really matter to me. Your comments riled me earlier but I am at peace now. Please carry on - this thread is going nowhere, neither is the discussion. I quit.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 12 Oct 2015 9:15 am

Congratulations Manoj. At last you're no longer dangling neither here nor there by your PR quest. You can finally move on to where you are accepted. When it comes to uprooting your family and choosing a place where you can feel welcomed and can actually live your life, there is no hard and fast answer. There is always good and bad in each country and in this case you didn't have the chance in Singapore.

Canada is great and so are Australia, UK and all other nice-to-migrate-over countries. I'm sure there is always a level of racism and stereotypes in all aspects of life - job opportunities, schools, economic benefits. So what? I have seen people who falls into the big bad stereotype just because they are born that way but they still do great in the end. It is what one makes out of it. Adapt. Adopt. Whoever thinks that a country is worse to migrate to just because there is "more" racism and stereotypes has serious case of tunnel vision.

The realist in me would say that all this immigration is but a pure business transaction. They have what I want, I have what they want. Done. Being brand-new patriot, calling new place home, and all the heart matters about being loyal etc - they come later.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Applying for PR Tomorrow

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 12 Oct 2015 3:04 pm

Manoj.K wrote: eCureilx - I have learnt in the past 3 months that Canada is far too mature to impinge on any legal immigrants freedoms. There might be pockets of madness but no full-fledged contempt that we see in the media from "locals". No - "They stink.....", No - "They are here for money....", No - "They eat curry...." etc. etc. going on here. People are happy and busy with their own lives. The way I prefer it to be..
In you anger against Singapore you are missing something.

Take all the Canadians and put them in one city, and see how that pans out

And for the curry thing, it was locals going against PRCs.

And if you truly believe Canada, or for that matter any country has zero racism, when it comes to minorities, and he's immigrants, good for you. It's just whether its obvious or not, is what I feel.

I was just reading an article from Alberta where some minorities were being harassed and the local law enforcement was turning a blind eye.. So, I guess it's all fine and well in Canada!!

Have fun mate.