Singapore Expats

How Much Should I Pay Myself?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
wprenewal

Re: How Much Should I Pay Myself?

Post by wprenewal » Tue, 06 Oct 2015 8:11 pm

ll
Last edited by wprenewal on Sat, 10 Oct 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 06 Oct 2015 9:51 pm

wprenewal wrote:Hi Goldy740,

I am from a recruitment agency, Nowaday MOM insisted that the company must make sufficient effort to try to recruit local and only after attempts you can appeal with projects of future incomes or in your case, then you prepare a detail business proposal. I have Pm you

You don't even understand the thread, do you? He is talking employment for himself, not someone else. As a recruiter you prove up what most people already know... recruiters in Singapore are a hopeless bunch.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: How Much Should I Pay Myself?

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 06 Oct 2015 11:12 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
wprenewal wrote:Hi Goldy740,

I am from a recruitment agency, Nowaday MOM insisted that the company must make sufficient effort to try to recruit local and only after attempts you can appeal with projects of future incomes or in your case, then you prepare a detail business proposal. I have Pm you

You don't even understand the thread, do you? He is talking employment for himself, not someone else. As a recruiter you prove up what most people already know... recruiters in Singapore are a hopeless bunch.
+1

wprenewal

Post by wprenewal » Fri, 09 Oct 2015 7:43 pm

hh
Last edited by wprenewal on Sat, 10 Oct 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 09 Oct 2015 9:58 pm

wprenewal wrote:strong eagle, read again, I am well aware that Goldy740 is the applicant trying to get the ep, it still applies. The company has to show that they have make sufficient effort that they have try to recruit a local for this position by way of advertising on the WDA portal for a min period of 2 weeks to 4 weeks. only after this effort, MOM will then consider the EP application.

strong eagle, I feel that as a moderator, it is not very nice that you use words like that to put down recruitment agency. Wayne Herbert, I believe you feel all people are useless except yourself.
No, you are clueless and still don't get it. He wants to run his own business, a recruitment agency. Maybe later he might want to hire someone (I cannot imagine it would be you) but he wants to start and run his own business. This has NOTHING to do with advertising on the WDA portal. Repeat: NOTHING.

It has everything to do with MoM realizing that Entrepass requirements have become so onerous that no professional practitioner can ever hope to start a business under those rules, and so they will, on a case by case basis, consider people who form a company then apply for EP with their own company. I know this to be the case. I asked and that was the answer I received.

wprenewal

Post by wprenewal » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 8:33 am

jj
Last edited by wprenewal on Sat, 10 Oct 2015 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 8:37 am

Not only is wprenewal clueless and doesn't get it, she is also extremely unprofessional. No recruiter would reveal someone's personal information in an open forum without permission from that person. As Strong Eagle is also a Moderator, I leave it up to him it he wants to leave the blatant rude, obnoxious post as is, but if it were me, you would no longer be on this board for your obviously purposeful breach of forum etiquette. wprenewal, you are a real loser in addition to not knowing what you are talking about! As you are a local, I guess it can only be expected, right Lucy?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 8:41 am

The next thing you will be telling us is that EA's cannot operate from an HDB flat.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:21 am

wprenewal wrote:strong eagle, you see you yourself is clueless on the current situation. MOM will NOT approve an application if they do not see sufficient effort done to recruit local first. I am aware Goldy740 wants to run his own recruitment agency if he is granted his EP. Read up on this post : http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-agenci ... ent-holder
http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-agenci ... sment-tool
Gee, if you are a job agent, you are a very vengeful agent

I have dealt with enough job agents, and have dealt with the good, bad and the ugly, and I may not totally agree with SE. But none of the job agents, including the totally clueless, had any vengeance when I clarified and explained what they were doing wrong, in JD or preparing for the client interview etc.

And none of the agents I dealt with never had some much spite just because they were proven wrong, so much spite to do a look up on a poster's name and try to smear. And that includes cases when I helped friends and also those who were re-skilling.

Good God, I hope you don't treat your candidates likewise

PS, exactly, I want to know, are you 100% sure you must advertise in Jobs Bank for all jobs ?

i.e. : The company has to show that they have make sufficient effort that they have try to recruit a local for this position by way of advertising on the WDA portal for a min period of 2 weeks to 4 weeks. only after this effort, MOM will then consider the EP application.

What if I show you proof that it isn't the case for everything ? Ah, wait, no, I dare not talk too much, later you will go and dig up info about me and try to smear me. Oops, don't answer me, please.
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Lucy?
That was uncalled for, SMS, :D As it is not Lucy you are talking to ;)

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:50 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:No recruiter would reveal someone's personal information in an open forum without permission from that person.
Ya know... I missed that... I don't really care. She/he now knows who is telling her/him that she/he is clueless. And I stand by that statement.

It is unprofessional, but mostly, it's immature. Time to move on, especially since the OP hasn't been back in a while.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:55 am

wprenewal wrote:strong eagle, you see you yourself is clueless on the current situation. MOM will NOT approve an application if they do not see sufficient effort done to recruit local first. I am aware Goldy740 wants to run his own recruitment agency if he is granted his EP. Read up on this post : http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-agenci ... ent-holder
http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-agenci ... sment-tool
I did the self assessment tool, both of them. I told it I did not have a work pass or Entrepass. You know what it said?
You are likely to be eligible to be a key appointment holder.
and
You are likely to be eligible to obtain or renew an EA licence.
Once again you are blowing smoke out yer arse. Why don't you take a bit of time a research how one goes about forming a company and obtaining an EP from it?