Singapore Expats

Gleneagles Hospital

Do you have any pregnancy related queries to ask or share? Post them here.
mbarbeito

Gleneagles Hospital

Post by mbarbeito » Sun, 02 Mar 2014 5:45 pm

Hello! Both my husband and I are Americans but will be having our baby in Singapore. He has a work visa and I will have a proper spouse visa by the time we get to Singapore. We are considering Gleneagles Hospital.

I wanted to see if any of you would like to share your experiences at this hospital...what did you like? didn't like?

I am seeing Dr. Christopher Ng...I have know Dr. Ng for some years but have never given birth with him. Has anyone had Dr. Ng as their OBGYN?

Sorry about all the questions...

Lastly, I would like to have a natural birth no drugs no c sections...is this supported in Singapore or has Singapore become "too Americanized" in this sense?

Any experiences you want to share will be helpful and appreciated

Thanks!!! :???: :)

taxico
Director
Director

Re: Gleneagles Hospital

Post by taxico » Sun, 02 Mar 2014 5:58 pm

mbarbeito wrote:...Lastly, I would like to have a natural birth no drugs no c sections...is this supported in Singapore or has Singapore become "too Americanized" in this sense?
depends on your doctor. some doctors may insist you follow her "orders" so i recommend you discuss this (and epis) well before birthing.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Sun, 02 Mar 2014 9:07 pm

My son was born in the U.S. so I don't have any direct experience with hospitals here, but from what I've heard, Gleneagles is one of the more expensive hospitals in Singapore. But I suppose how much is paid out of pocket will depend on your insurance plan.

A few months ago, I was talking to a Singaporean who said when she gave birth and wanted to go "natural" that she was eventually able to, but that the nurses kept advising her to get the epidural. Not sure which hospital, though.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Sun, 02 Mar 2014 11:15 pm

We've had two babies here (not glen eagles though), from my own experiences and also what I've heard, they are quite keen to intervene with inducing, c section etc. Choose your gynae carefully, and make sure you go through a detailed birth plan to ensure your wishes are understood/accepted.

Waited a long time

Re: Gleneagles Hospital

Post by Waited a long time » Fri, 02 Oct 2015 10:08 pm

Hi

Did you use Dr Ng in the end? If you did do you mind sharing your experience. I have also known him a long time but I am not sure if he is the right doctor for me for my pregnancy.

Thank you