Singapore Expats

Domestisc Work Issues

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
gracepan

Domestisc Work Issues

Post by gracepan » Mon, 28 Sep 2015 2:15 pm

Hi

I have a FDW who had completed her 2 year contract with me and extended her contract with me till 23 June 2016. We have a written agreement. Recently, she is giving me a lot of problems and we had issues. I could not take it anymore. So I decided to terminate her employment but only verbally. I gave her ample time to sort out her stuff. So I told her that I need to change her air ticket to end Nov. Initially she is going to go back to Philippines for Christmas holidays.

Now she is angry. What can I do? I cannot just obey to her whims and commands. I have my work and daughter to think of. Since I have not cancel her work permit, can I work according to my schedule and cancel her work permit 7 days before the air ticket departure?

Please assist.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Domestisc Work Issues

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 28 Sep 2015 2:30 pm

gracepan wrote:Hi

I have a FDW who had completed her 2 year contract with me and extended her contract with me till 23 June 2016. We have a written agreement. Recently, she is giving me a lot of problems and we had issues. I could not take it anymore. So I decided to terminate her employment but only verbally. I gave her ample time to sort out her stuff. So I told her that I need to change her air ticket to end Nov. Initially she is going to go back to Philippines for Christmas holidays.

Now she is angry. What can I do? I cannot just obey to her whims and commands. I have my work and daughter to think of. Since I have not cancel her work permit, can I work according to my schedule and cancel her work permit 7 days before the air ticket departure?

Please assist.
Did you talk to her agency ?

martincymru
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Domestisc Work Issues

Post by martincymru » Mon, 28 Sep 2015 6:44 pm

Dear OP, no disrespect meant but I think you need to re-word and re-submit your post so the relevant facts are more precise and clear.