Singapore Expats

PR application rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jackyjacky88

PR application rejected

Post by jackyjacky88 » Sun, 27 Sep 2015 11:33 am

Ok in short I will briefly describe my profile

I have been a student under spass in sg in one of private uni since 2007 and surrender my spass due to graduation on 2011.

Thereafter I was visiting sg on and off looking for a job (during that period i had a job back in my country indonesia)

Till i get my EP category Q1 on 2014 march.

Last april2015 i made my first attempt on PR and got rejected 3 months after

They told me within 6months of rejection i can do appeal. Now i may need some advise on the template of the proper appeal letter
As re-applying, i got to wait another 6months after i received rejection letter (last july2015)

I have submit my first tax contribution 2 months ago.
Not sure whats wrong with my profile.. Cos I have been staying here in total 6years including my studying time (maybe this may not be counted though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackyjacky88

Re: PR application rejected

Post by jackyjacky88 » Sun, 27 Sep 2015 11:41 am

To add, my pass is gonna expire in 5 monts which makes me think of applying PR as i heard quite a large no of cases of rejection during pass renewal.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: PR application rejected

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 27 Sep 2015 8:08 pm

Unless you are from a most wanted country, waiting for 3 years and submitting with 3 tax returns is highly recommended.

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Sun, 27 Sep 2015 8:26 pm

Most wanted country like ..? But i have 4 persons from the same private uni, fresh grad and all of them approved for their application. They are all from the same country like me, holding the same EP category..

Really wondering why

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 27 Sep 2015 9:17 pm

jackyjacky88 wrote:Most wanted country like ..? But i have 4 persons from the same private uni, fresh grad and all of them approved for their application. They are all from the same country like me, holding the same EP category..

Really wondering why

Should I say ask if all 4 + you are clones of each other ?

Maybe they had something you don't have, or working on different or better paying jobs

And did they all come back to work post graduation, in the same time frame as you ?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 28 Sep 2015 8:51 am

jackyjacky88 wrote:Ok in short I will briefly describe my profile

I have been a student under spass in sg in one of private uni since 2007 and surrender my spass due to graduation on 2011.

Thereafter I was visiting sg on and off looking for a job (during that period i had a job back in my country indonesia)

Till i get my EP category Q1 on 2014 march.

Last april2015 i made my first attempt on PR and got rejected 3 months after

They told me within 6months of rejection i can do appeal. Now i may need some advise on the template of the proper appeal letter
As re-applying, i got to wait another 6months after i received rejection letter (last july2015)

I have submit my first tax contribution 2 months ago.
Not sure whats wrong with my profile.. Cos I have been staying here in total 6years including my studying time (maybe this may not be counted though)

jackyjacky88 wrote:To add, my pass is gonna expire in 5 monts which makes me think of applying PR as i heard quite a large no of cases of rejection during pass renewal.

Hmm you're lucky, you are told to appeal against your rejection. Most people get rejected without even a chance to appeal. I don't think I've seen enough examples of this so I can't help here, unless there are some forum regulars who are familiar with the appeal process.

The re-application process is pretty straight forward though. It is just like submitting brand new application. But make sure you have improved on your profile when you do so, like significant salary increase, promotion in rank or title, pay more tax etc.

I have the feeling that ICA served you rejection very closely to your EP expiry on purpose. Basically if MOM likes you enough to renew your EP, that means you're valuable enough to Singapore economy (don't know what you do for work though). That also means that it is a plus point to ICA to consider your re-application/appeal. But if MOM decided not to renew and would rather send you packing back to Indonesia, there is no reason ICA would want you here anyway.

Same thing if your current employer doesn't want to renew you and you try to move to another Singaporean company. If MOM rejects your new EP application in that new company, oh well.

Good luck. Let us know how the appeal process goes.

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Mon, 28 Sep 2015 11:15 am

Oh really. I thought they said for every rejection everybody will be granted a chance to appeal within 6 months.

Any advise on what shall i put under appeal letter?

EP going to expire on march nx year while i started to apply april2015.. Cos if i apply early it will be too fast as i just started my work on march 2014 so i got to wait right

Yeah its though for either workpass/PR anyway.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 28 Sep 2015 9:50 pm

Unless you have something substantially new and relevant to the original application, your appeal is likely to fall on deaf ears, truth be known.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 29 Sep 2015 7:34 am

jackyjacky88 wrote:Most wanted country like ..? But i have 4 persons from the same private uni, fresh grad and all of them approved for their application. They are all from the same country like me, holding the same EP category..

Really wondering why
What is your race and the race of these 4 people?

@Lynx, II think they told him he could appeal rather than to appeal.

jackyjacky88

PR application rejected

Post by jackyjacky88 » Tue, 29 Sep 2015 8:12 am

x9200 wrote:

Really wondering why
What is your race and the race of these 4 people?

@Lynx, II think they told him he could appeal rather than to appeal.

We're all indo-chinese
Initially i didnt even bother to apply as I know i just started work and very little chance of being approved
But knowing that with almost same profile of us then I start to make my first attempt.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 29 Sep 2015 8:29 am

Ah thanks @x9200, that explains a lot.

@OP do they work for the same company, on the same job title/ranking, having exact skill set, with spouse/son and make the same amount of money? If all five of you do, I can't see why you can't get PR!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 29 Sep 2015 8:44 am

Plus did OP work in Singapore during the same time period , and applied together with OP ? No. He didn't apply till now.

Oh, wait, few years ago PR was easy. Not anymore ..

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 29 Sep 2015 1:11 pm

jackyjacky88 wrote:We're all indo-chinese
Initially i didnt even bother to apply as I know i just started work and very little chance of being approved
But knowing that with almost same profile of us then I start to make my first attempt.
You are all the preferred flavour so either your job profile is somehow poorer than of your friends or I don't know. Probably the best you can do is wait till the full 3y tax assessment period is completed. I would not appeal if nothing significantly changed comparing to what you submitted in the application.

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Tue, 29 Sep 2015 1:14 pm

ecureilx wrote:Plus did OP work in Singapore during the same time period , and applied together with OP ? No. He didn't apply till now.

Oh, wait, few years ago PR was easy. Not anymore ..
My friend started on jan14 while myself is march14
Yea i know, it was easier back then

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Tue, 29 Sep 2015 1:20 pm

the lynx wrote:Ah thanks @x9200, that explains a lot.

@OP do they work for the same company, on the same job title/ranking, having exact skill set, with spouse/son and make the same amount of money? If all five of you do, I can't see why you can't get PR!
Nope definitely not same company but in terms of company siZe (SME) yes we are

Skill set more or less
And not married yet
As we are in EP category Q1 its only $100-200 difference