Singapore Expats

Risks of plastic surgeries?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Colton

Risks of plastic surgeries?

Post by Colton » Fri, 11 Sep 2015 1:09 pm

Does anyone know what the risks are for plastic surgery? Also does anyone have any personal experience with it either good or bad? I have been trying to decide whether to get it or not for a year. ](*,) ](*,)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Risks of plastic surgeries?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 12 Sep 2015 1:38 pm

Anything up to and including death.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Jacere

Post by Jacere » Mon, 14 Sep 2015 10:56 am

Common risks with any surgery include infection and adverse effects from the medicine and anesthetic.

But since you still want it, then I think you should go for it.

Faithsa

Post by Faithsa » Tue, 15 Sep 2015 1:52 pm

It’s just like driving, the surgeon is driving you around if he’s a safe driver you'll be fine but if he’s a wreckless driver then there are a lot more risks.

Peytonnn

Post by Peytonnn » Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:43 am

I have the same doubts, but maybe I will still do it.
Believing that my luck won't be so bad. [-o<

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 16 Sep 2015 4:01 pm

That's why reputable plastic surgeon is more important than cheap price tag!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 16 Sep 2015 11:12 pm

People I know who have had it never seem happy, at least in the longer term. It never seems what they expected; or 'quite right'; so there can be a cycle of getting it fixed, or periodically redone.

A risk is hating how you look even more. Jocelyn Wildenstein likely feels that way... [x-ref the Frostrup article linked below).

There is as a UK TV comedian who lived on the neighbouring street to me, Leslie Ash. Born naturally good looking she must have felt the urge to 'improve things' and had lip implants. During surgery she got MRSA which nearly killed her. She looked like a freak, her career ended and a year or two later she had the op reversed. She seems to have vanished off the media radar completely these days. To some extent it must have wrecked her life.

Mariella Frostrup is another example, who happens to live on the same street as Leslie Ash. Take it from her...
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... urgery-old

p.s. I think a point made above is likely true, 'Look inside yourself, rather than into the mirror'.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 18 Sep 2015 9:04 pm

Colton wrote:Does anyone know what the risks are for plastic surgery? Also does anyone have any personal experience with it either good or bad? I have been trying to decide whether to get it or not for a year. ](*,) ](*,)

risks: it's not possible to have a complete list of what can go wrong. literally anything can go wrong, from the surgeon's oversight to surgical complications (sometimes they are the same thing).

i used to be the guy that does everything possible to keep the unconscious patient alive while a surgeon works the scalpel. i've seen things go wrong after the first cut. i'm sure many would still be alive (albeit, less "attractive") if they had not agreed to be worked on.

the risks are too much for me to consider going under the knife for ANY unnecessary surgeries. the risks increase when the patient is under general anesthesia - as is often the case for plastic surgery.

additionally, there's regularly a need for revision surgery.

three simple words: DON'T DO IT !
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam