Singapore Expats

Need advise with renting a HDB near new MRT under construction

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
vickivel

Need advise with renting a HDB near new MRT under construction

Post by vickivel » Thu, 27 Aug 2015 5:34 pm

Hi Guys,
I am looking to rent an HDB in Singapore. I found a HDB flat for rent near woodlands. I am very satisfied with the house but I have one concern to clarify. The HDB is very near to Thomson East coast line (Woodlands south) MRT which is under Construction. My worry is, will there be too much noise and air pollution because of the MRT construction? I will be moving in with my new born baby, so I couldnt afford to have noise and air pollution. Kindly help to advise whether I can rent this HDB flat or look for some other flats.

Search By

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Need advise with renting a HDB near new MRT under construction

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Aug 2015 6:01 pm

Find a different country. No matter where you move, you will have to put up with construction noises at some point or another. It's just a way of life you will need to adjust to. Take it or leave it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:46 pm

I'd suggest you search again. This time, eliminate any option that has current and upcoming MRT station projects.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 28 Aug 2015 3:33 pm

its not just mrt station projects, it can be just about anything, I've got this house being renovated anything from drilling, pounding, hammering, it just does your head in..there are some quiet hdb estates though you just need to find them.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

menudown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by menudown » Fri, 28 Aug 2015 4:50 pm

if its for long term, you might want to consider the convenience residing near the MRT station...but noise pollution can be anywhere..