Singapore Expats

The Weekenders

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
se_lee

Re: The Weekenders

Post by se_lee » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 4:24 pm

Hi, i am Lee 27 M, just reached singapore for 2 weeks, will work here for at least few years, so i would like to make some new friends.

Please feel free to let me know i will be free most of the time during weekend or weekday night. i am interested to go for food hunt, movies, sightseeing, sports or travelling etc
Last edited by se_lee on Sat, 01 Aug 2015 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ashish.sachdeva2010

Post by ashish.sachdeva2010 » Tue, 14 Jul 2015 2:04 pm

Hi Akimbo,

Please add me to your mailing list. I am from new Delhi currently working in Singapore as a IT professional.

Ashish
[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 23 Jul 2015 4:12 pm

Hey guys, so sorry I've been away for awhile from here.

Anyway, to all those that asked whether Weekenders have a chat group or mail list, the answer is no, there is none from here. Just keep checking the thread for any meet ups!

I am not making any meetups for this week, but I'm making one for next week instead!

Details won't be made yet, cause I still gotta check my schedule, but won't be anything more than some dinner and drinks in central area (Orchard or Raffles) so it'd be simple enough for everyone to gather around with.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 30 Jul 2015 4:05 pm

I'm so sorry, schedule's packed. I can't make anything for this week.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

austin235

Post by austin235 » Thu, 20 Aug 2015 11:12 pm

Hi all, I'm 26F Japanese looking to weekend meet ups. Will try to follow the thread...
Thanks, ATX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sujun93

Post by sujun93 » Fri, 21 Aug 2015 1:42 am

Hey people.

Su Jun here, I'm local and would love to meet new people. If you need anything, do hit me up :)

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Saturday Day Out! (29 Aug 2015)

Post by Akimbo » Tue, 25 Aug 2015 7:06 pm

Hey y'all, we're gonna be hanging out for the whole Saturday (29/8), from late lunch, a movie (Inside Out) and finishing it off with venturing around in the Singapore Night Festival!

So far we have about 8 people of the regular Weekenders group. If you wanna meet up with new friends, hang out for the festival, come along!

Just PM me about your interest, leave me your details and I'll contact you as soon as I can!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 23 Sep 2015 1:05 pm

ANOTHER recycled post from the previous page...

If you're still in town over the long weekend (because you don't have any leaves to take on Friday...) You're welcome to join in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys and gals, this Saturday morning I'm planning to go to Macritchie Reservoir for a trail run (Approx 11 km) on my own. I'll be running quite slowly, around 7.5~8 min/km (that's 12 min/mile for you Americans) for most of the trip, so it'll be okay.

This is a rain or shine event. Unless it's a thunderstorm, or I injure myself the day before, I will still continue on. Newbies on trail running are welcomed, advanced ones, please be patient to us amateurs :)

Date: Saturday, 26th Sep 2015
Meetup Time: 8.00 am

What to bring:
1.) Running gear
2.) EZ-Link Card
3.) Small cash (15 bux is more than enough)

Those are the least, for running. There are lockers and showers in the visitor's area, so you can actually bring more stuff in a bag like wallet, phone, change of clothes, and leave them in the lockers before the run.

OR

You can join for a walk up Macritchie Reservoir on a small hiking trip towards the Tree-Top Climb!

Newbies on hiking are welcomed, advanced ones, please be patient to us amateurs :) It'll be good to get to know each other for new people. A few of my Weekenders crew will definitely come for this as well.

If you are interested, come on by!

Date: Sunday, 26th September 2014
Meetup Time: 10 am
Location: Macritchie Reservoir Visitor area (Bottom right corner of the map)

You can contact me via PM or reply to this post if you are interested. I will get in touch with you and we can swap contact details.

For newbies in this forum, you need 5 posts before you can PM me.

Cheers!

redbean555

Post by redbean555 » Tue, 29 Sep 2015 5:14 pm

hello everybody,

Just discovered this thread after posting my intro thread. Seems like I missed the macritchie session by Akimbo.
I'm 23M from Indo. I have just joined a us consulting firm in Singapore. Want to pursue masters in us/europe in 3 years time and learn mandarin in between. So yeah I'd be happy to connect to new friends from all over the place.

Please let me know if anyone likes to hangout or if there is a group meetup session.

Cheers! :D

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 10 Dec 2015 3:24 pm

Hey guys and gals, a few of us will be hanging out on Friday night (nothing wild, don't worry. The original members of Weekenders is getting "old" already :( ) for some drinks and a little supper at 10 pm. Area will be at the quay, starting from Robertson, Clarke and finally Boat Quay!

Maybe we'll bar hop, maybe we'll just stay at one place and drink till our hearts content! If you're interested, PM me, and we'll meet up.

Newbies to Singapore or Oldies, no problem. Come on board and we'll have some decent conversation, and maybe make some new friends :)

nimmo23

Post by nimmo23 » Thu, 25 Feb 2016 4:29 pm

Hi, is the group still active?

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Sat, 05 Mar 2016 2:16 pm

Hi nimmo23!

I have not put it up on the thread, but I am no longer leading The Weekenders because I am also no longer in Singapore. I doubt anyone from the actual group will come to this thread and put events up like I did.

Dear mods,

You may lock the thread if you like. Thanks a lot for the help.

Return to “20's Club”