Singapore Expats

Top 5 reasons to move to Singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Top 5 reasons to move to Singapore

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 20 Aug 2015 11:20 pm

Add one more... very different flora and fauna. Parrots in the wild. Pop over to Batam to one of the hole in the wall, on the coast seafood places... yummy and different.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:07 am

I like the climate.

Hmm, now I'm struggling a little.

I like Asia - for the people, the variety, the strangeness and the lack of the "health and safety" police. Real Asia is on the doorstep. Sg is too sanitised after a few years here, but it's comfortable living.

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Fri, 11 Sep 2015 2:20 am

RobSg wrote:I was in Singapore for about 23 years, and I'd say that the first reason for moving to Singapore is safety. Second reason is that you are right in the center of cheap travel opportunities in Asia. Third reason is the mass transit- you really don't need a car. Fourth reason is the food, but the food court food may not exactly be the most nutritious. You could also look at 50 more reasons on the CNN website: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/06/trave ... index.html

During my vacations back to the States during these 23 years, I felt out out of touch with my own country, but that's because I never spent enough time in the States to feel any different. Once I was settled, had a house, and got to know the neighbors, it is home, and I feel quite rooted, even after spending more than 40 years overseas in 10 countries. It's certainly cheaper than living in Singapore, with much more to do in the outdoors.

Rob
Good to see you still kicking around the forum Rob
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:10 am

Safety, climate(if you like tropics), cheap eat-out, cheap transport, low taxes(but it gets mitigated by kids schooling costs).