Singapore Expats

Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 Missing after take off

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 Missing after take off

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 30 Jan 2015 9:13 am

nakatago wrote:
Brah wrote:I just don't get how they can call it an accident.....

From what I've read, as squirrel said, it is just so they could process stuff. Let's face it; everyone and their grandma knows it is more than just a mere accident. I don't think Malaysia can afford another 'gaff.'
Somebody in Insurance / claims can explain this further .. should Brah have doubts :)

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:35 am

ecureilx wrote:
nakatago wrote:
Brah wrote:I just don't get how they can call it an accident.....

From what I've read, as squirrel said, it is just so they could process stuff. Let's face it; everyone and their grandma knows it is more than just a mere accident. I don't think Malaysia can afford another 'gaff.'
Somebody in Insurance / claims can explain this further .. should Brah have doubts :)
It's so the poor relatives can be given a death certificate. You might go through life without a birth certificate but life is hell for your relatives if you die and they cannot get a death certificate.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Sat, 31 Jan 2015 11:05 am

PNGMK wrote:
It's so the poor relatives can be given a death certificate. You might go through life without a birth certificate but life is hell for your relatives if you die and they cannot get a death certificate.
It would appear that this decision on this unfortunate event has not gone down well with everyone.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 31 Jan 2015 10:35 pm

Barnsley wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
It would appear that this decision on this unfortunate event has not gone down well with everyone.
You mean those who don't understand the importance of a accident declaration so insurance can be paid instead of nothing while investigation continues ?

Those rich enough will not be happy but those poorer family members will appreciate even the 150k about to be paid out pending a final decision upon recovery of black box.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 31 Jul 2015 11:32 am

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 31 Jul 2015 12:59 pm

Barnsley wrote:Something positive ..........

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/j ... boeing-777
And some smart alec said we must check other missing B777s ..

Can't recall any B777 that crashed into the sea....

And the Inmarsat Engineers who worked out the most likely destination, based on sparse information, are gonna be really celebreted =D> =D>

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 31 Jul 2015 1:12 pm

They already checked. It's like 4-5 crashes related to that area but no 777 among them.
I guess what is more important and what was also mentioned in the article, they want to ensure this is not some sort of sick joke.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 31 Jul 2015 1:35 pm

From one report I saw, there have been not 777 go down in the Southern Hemisphere at this point of time.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

martincymru
Reporter
Reporter

Post by martincymru » Fri, 31 Jul 2015 1:39 pm

Ok lah, we are back to this old story again. I thought it had gone off the radar for good ( excuse the pun )

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 31 Jul 2015 1:52 pm

It's never for good. It's until something new surfaces. Amelia Earhart's missing plane a good example.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 06 Aug 2015 10:45 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33794012

Whilst it seems more than likely that this is part of the missing plane, why doesnt the PM of Malaysia wait until the experts officially announce that it is part of the plane.

Havent any lessons been learned from the piss poor attempts at the beginning of the search for the plane?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 06 Aug 2015 10:46 am

ahem! there is apparently a confirmation from Malaysia.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/internatio ... epage=true
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 06 Aug 2015 11:01 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:ahem! there is apparently a confirmation from Malaysia.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/internatio ... epage=true
However the people actually looking at the debris will be conducting more tests today ....

Meanwhile from China ....
BEIJING - Chinese relatives of passengers aboard missing flight MH370 expressed anger and disbelief on Thursday, after Malaysia's prime minister said wreckage found on a French Indian Ocean island was from the plane.

Most of the passengers aboard the flight were Chinese, and around a dozen gathered outside the Beijing offices of Malaysia Airlines, with emotions running high.

"I don't believe this latest information about the plane, they have been lying to us from the beginning," said Zhang Yongli, whose daughter was on board.

"I know my daughter is out there, but they won't tell us the truth," he added.

Bao Lanfang, whose grandson was also on the plane, told reporters, "Everyone has been lying to us", before collapsing on the floor and crying.

"I will do anything to see him again," the 63-year-old added through her tears. "Just tell me what I need to do, I'll do it".

The flight, with 239 people on board, vanished en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in March last year.

No evidence had been found until the debris, part of a wing known as a flaperon, washed up on the French territory of Reunion, and Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said early Thursday it was from the jet.

French officials used more cautious language, saying only that there was a "very high probability" the wreckage came from MH370.

Many Chinese relatives of MH370 passengers have consistently expressed beliefs that their loved ones are alive, perhaps being held at an unknown location, despite the mounting evidence of a fatal crash.

Several gathering on Thursday held signs with a picture of an aeroplane, reading: "It will surely return safely".

On a social media group other relatives expressed similar sentiments, saying: "Don't believe them! They must have switched the debris! We do believe all our relatives will come back safe and sound!" Elsewhere Chinese people took to social media sites to express scepticism about Malaysia, whose reputation has taken a knock in China for its handling of the incident.

"Malaysia wanted to avoid the large amount of payment for the relatives so it announced that it found the debris in Reunion and that the airplane crashed accidentally. We don't believe Malaysia," one comment on the Twitter-like Sina Weibo read.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/anger ... d3E0E.dpuf

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 06 Aug 2015 12:30 pm

Barnsley wrote: Whilst it seems more than likely that this is part of the missing plane, why doesnt the PM of Malaysia wait until the experts officially announce that it is part of the plane.

Havent any lessons been learned from the piss poor attempts at the beginning of the search for the plane?
He has his own fire to fight, like whether to reveal who donated the 2 billion RM !!! :D :D And any news that can starve that fire is good ..
Barnsley wrote:Meanwhile from China ....
Losing somebody is hard, but insisting the person is alive .. I don't know what to say

Even if the black box is found and more debris found I have a feeling the Chinese may still protest demanding the missing be returned alive (and somehow the government seems to encourage it tacitly, maybe to divert attention from their own problems ?? :-k )

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 06 Aug 2015 12:56 pm

Barnsley wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33794012

Whilst it seems more than likely that this is part of the missing plane, why doesnt the PM of Malaysia wait until the experts officially announce that it is part of the plane.

To divert from the various scandals he is already caught up in.