Singapore Expats

Singtel TV forced to include phone line

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
re7

Singtel TV forced to include phone line

Post by re7 » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 3:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

I want to move forward with the $66.90 Singtel TV Action value pack. The problem is Singtel are telling me that in order to move forward I need to have a phone line for an extra $6.90 a month.

I have tried explaining I don't need a phone line and they are insistent on this and say it is the rules. This doesn't make sense to me and feel I am getting ripped off.

Can anyone explain if it is 'technically' needed? or why they may be forcing me to take this other then an extra amount of money in their pockets each month?

Thanks,

Reece

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Singtel TV forced to include phone line

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 3:43 pm

There are two other vendor out there. You don't have to use Singtel.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

re7

Post by re7 » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 3:45 pm

I do for Premier League right?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 4:07 pm

I wouldn't know. That's a waste of valuable time to me. Nothing I'd ever lose any sleep over. ;-) But if you have to have your fix, I guess it's going to cost you an extra $6.90/month. If you run down to the pub to watch it, it will cost you a lot more than $6.90 a month, guaranteed.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 4:14 pm

and every year the broadcasting rights for the premier league change hands from one service provider to another, I can't remember if it was bi-anually or annually but anyway it's just a waste of time.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 4:44 pm

I think it has to be offered cross platform right...

Although as both the major TV suppliers are majority Govt owned companies is a bit odd that they bid against each other for TV Football rights.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

re7

Post by re7 » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 4:54 pm

I am guessing since no one knows about the phone line that it is Singtel just trying to get more revenue.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 9:02 pm

It's how they market. Live it or live with it. Besides, it looks to me like the phone price is bundled in to the quoted price and you want them to take it back out. Aint gonna happen.

If you don't like the price, select another vendor. Broadband offerings in Singapore are far superior and less expensive than any of the crap offered by Comcast and others in the USA.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 11:20 pm

I am paying $30every qtr for the singtel phone line, even though I don't need it. You have to take it because their tv service is via the phone line and not cable point like starhub. But I found SingTel better for Hindi channels so I chose it. My broadband is starhub, which also has a free phone line. So I have 2 phone lines and I don't use either.