Singapore Expats

illegal Business in sg

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
mark02410021

illegal Business in sg

Post by mark02410021 » Tue, 28 Jul 2015 1:10 pm

good day to everyone.

i saw some of the domestic helpers doing business which i believe to be illegal. and this will affect small enterprise like myself.

can i capture their photos and send to police?or how to inform authorities about this illegal activities?

thank u

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: ST says "Higher salary bar for foreigners seeking family visas"

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 28 Jul 2015 1:25 pm

mark02410021 wrote:good day to everyone.

i saw some of the domestic helpers doing business which i believe to be illegal. and this will affect small enterprise like myself.

can i capture their photos and send to police?or how to inform authorities about this illegal activities?

thank u

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
What business are you in ?

Are you sure they are doing illegal businesses ?

Sitting around sharing pancit is not illegal, even if they share the cost of making the pancit

Unless you want to supply the pancit to the poor maids and leach them of their hard earned money ...

Or are you getting jealous of the lowly paid maids making some extra $ and you feel you about have a cut ???

What's your business again ?

donil.edwards

Re: illegal Business in sg

Post by donil.edwards » Tue, 28 Jul 2015 3:54 pm

reporting to police is easy. Just go to any Neighbour police center.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: illegal Business in sg

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 28 Jul 2015 6:11 pm

donil.edwards wrote:reporting to police is easy. Just go to any Neighbour police center.
But Op hasn't said what illegal business he is observing ..

Probably since he is in cosmetics he is feeling left out when maids buy and sell among themselves, since OP is missing the chance to leech some money from the poor maids. ..that's a wild guess...

livingontheedge
Chatter
Chatter

Post by livingontheedge » Tue, 28 Jul 2015 7:41 pm

You can report to the Police or Certis Cisco.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 28 Jul 2015 9:18 pm

livingontheedge wrote:You can report to the Police or Certis Cisco.
What is he going to report? That they traded some small stuff between themselves? Sounds like a lot of whinging about something he doesn't even know about.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:07 pm

livingontheedge wrote:You can report to the Police or Certis Cisco.
Cisco ? Seriously ? Since when you can report to Cisco ?

Why not Apro, Evt, PSC ..??

And report about what ? That my next door maid is buying 2$ lipstick in bulk and selling to her friend at 2.50 $ and she is killing my business ? And she must not be allowed to make 50 cents and instead must buy from me .. ???

OP is eerily quite, I would like to know what pissed him off ..

livingontheedge
Chatter
Chatter

Post by livingontheedge » Tue, 28 Jul 2015 11:42 pm

Yes, you can report to Certis Cisco - they have the ability to stop and fine you.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 12:06 am

livingontheedge wrote:Yes, you can report to Certis Cisco - they have the ability to stop and fine you.
No, not really. If working for an employer, in the act of guarding or transporting, has the right to block or arrest to safeguard that employer, but that right ends when the activity ends.

They do not have the power to summon or stop motorists for traffic infractions. They cannot make arrests except those related to the official duties they may be carrying out.

Moreover, the government assumes no liability for the actions of Cisco unless they are specifically employed by the government. So, you see some Cisco guy, standing around guarding a public event... he has no right or authority to investigate or arrest maids running an illegal business unless he could show that it was an immediate danger to the event his is busy guarding.
Liability of Government for acts committed by auxiliary police officer
105. - (1) Any act done or omitted to be done by any auxiliary police officer employed by any statutory body, company or other organisation shall be deemed to be an act done or omitted to be done in the course of his employment with such statutory body, company or other organisatio, as the case may be.

(2) The Government shall not be liable for any act done or omitted to be done by any auxiliary police officer who is not employed by the Government.

livingontheedge
Chatter
Chatter

Post by livingontheedge » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 12:37 pm

Despite everything you just mentioned - yes they can. From business experience. Not sure if they can imprison you but I doubt it but they have the ability to stop business and fine. That's why on Sundays you can see their vans for example going around in Little India.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 12:46 pm

livingontheedge wrote:Despite everything you just mentioned - yes they can. From business experience. Not sure if they can imprison you but I doubt it but they have the ability to stop business and fine. That's why on Sundays you can see their vans for example going around in Little India.
Each auxiliary police is given a duty card, so the fellow enforcing parking issues can't arrest a lowly maid for supposedly doing business ...And a fellow doing patrol on Sunday can't issue parking summons, and a fellow attached to airport security can't do patrol in little India and a fellow attached to nea can't go and check immigration offenders in Geylang

Sorry ...that's the truth .

What they can all do is effect a citizens arrest if they see a violent crime in progres and detain the suspects till real cops come and take over.

And they have no right to inspect my identity or detain me because I and selling lipstick to my boyfriend or girl friend.

If any auxiliary police says otherwise report him to SPF for impersonating a police officer.

But I do know a few foreigner who have been bullied by off duty Cisco. And one guy says he gets checked everyday by a under cover cop while playing basketball, he brings his passport, EP and His country identity card everywhere he goes, and insists I am wrong ... when I told him bringing a copy of his local pass in enough, than losing his documents and all...

I wish the jerk who is a bully tries that on me one day ...

Ps, and in a local bar a drunkard did admit he fines people for littering though he doesn't issue a receipt. Too bad I couldn't record it or didn't see him again
Last edited by ecureilx on Wed, 29 Jul 2015 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 1:11 pm

livingontheedge wrote:Despite everything you just mentioned - yes they can.l.
Question, how long have you been in Singapore?