Singapore Expats

Eurasian baby Play group

Need a playdate for your child? Look no further but here.
piaoApril

Eurasian baby Play group

Post by piaoApril » Wed, 26 Nov 2014 3:07 pm

Hi, I have a 15 months old girl who is British and Chinese mixed. It would be fun to meet other eurasian babies and families.

bumblebee007

Re: Eurasian baby Play group

Post by bumblebee007 » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 11:13 pm

I hope this is not too blunt - This is the start of racial discrimination thats what you will be teaching your little girl. I think i would be better off without meeting you guys.. (no offence - to your little girl but feel sorry for her)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Eurasian baby Play group

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 27 Jul 2015 12:09 am

bumblebee007 wrote:I hope this is not too blunt - This is the start of racial discrimination thats what you will be teaching your little girl. I think i would be better off without meeting you guys.. (no offence - to your little girl but feel sorry for her)

Damn ... but maybe mummy want to meet like minded individuals and share stories on mixed life .... ;)

Ps. That post says 2014 ...

bumblebee007

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Eurasian baby Play group

Post by bumblebee007 » Mon, 27 Jul 2015 12:26 am

ecureilx wrote:
bumblebee007 wrote:I hope this is not too blunt - This is the start of racial discrimination thats what you will be teaching your little girl. I think i would be better off without meeting you guys.. (no offence - to your little girl but feel sorry for her)

Damn ... but maybe mummy want to meet like minded individuals and share stories on mixed life .... ;)

Ps. That post says 2014 ...
May be i need to start looking at the dates.. lol

just my 2 cents.. i wanted to say as i have seen many examples with sm of my friends whr the child turned out to bevome racist or atleast have sense of superiority over other kids.. just trying to educate the parents :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Eurasian baby Play group

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 Jul 2015 6:56 am

Any kid who spends any number of years growing up in Singapore, if they mix with the locals, will definitely have a large dosage of racism drilled subconsciously into them. Here it's generally not outright, in your face (although it is quite often), but more insidious. Like when applying for jobs, etc.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bumblebee007

Re: RE: Re: Eurasian baby Play group

Post by bumblebee007 » Mon, 27 Jul 2015 7:10 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Any kid who spends any number of years growing up in Singapore, if they mix with the locals, will definitely have a large dosage of racism drilled subconsciously into them. Here it's generally not outright, in your face (although it is quite often), but more insidious. Like when applying for jobs, etc.
Yup. Agree!

At least it is not defined by the parents. Till the time we all take steps on not letting our children grow up with such mentality, till then it is ok.
Once they grow, you don't know, if the policies might have changed as the "world is mixing". Sooner or later it is bound to happen.