Singapore Expats

Chance of getting LTVP for mother-in-law

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
SingaporeWorker

Chance of getting LTVP for mother-in-law

Post by SingaporeWorker » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 12:21 am

Hi all,

I am querying about the chance of getting LTVP for my mother-in-law.

Backgroud:

- Family members: Me, wife, two twins boys and mother-in-law
- Nationality: Chinese from China
- Pass: Four of us are SPRs that was just approved in Jun 2015, mother in law (62 yrs old) is holding 3 month visit pass
- Salary: Me: 10K+; wife: 2.2K
- We have been living here for 4 years, while mother-in-law has been here for 2 years

Story: I was a EP holder prior to the approval of my PR application, and rest held Dependent Passes and LTVPs. We had just renewed all of those passes (include my mother-in-law's) successfully in Jun 2015, and the validation of new passes were till to 2018. However, as the PR was just approved, my mother-in-law has to give up her just approved LTVP and re-apply the LTVP sponsored by my wife.

At the same time, I am no longer eligible to apply LTVP for my mother-in-law, and my wife's salary is not very promising to convince ICA that she could support her mother financially. We truly want to have her with us in Singapore as long as possible, as my mother-in-law is widowed back in China, and she needs us to look after her

We just submitted the application last night, may I know the chances and solutions if the application could not get through.

Thanks a lot!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Chance of getting LTVP for mother-in-law

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 4:06 pm

Zero. Trailing spouse parents are not allowed to have ltvp if working spouse is only EP. Sorry.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... s-required

Only the parents "of the EP holder" providing"EP holder earns a basic salary of more than 8,000/mo.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SingaporeWorker

Post by SingaporeWorker » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 5:56 pm

Just one correction, my wife is also a PR now, therefore she is the sponsor for her mother's LTVP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 6:57 pm

How did she get her PR? If based on you, she won't be able to.
Especially since the monetary requirement is that the sponsor should be earning around 4.5~5K. As she is not earning that amount, you sponsored your wife and she doesn't earn enough to sponsor, therefore it would be based on your income which would is not your wife as sponsor (an you cannot sponsor In-laws). Good luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SingaporeWorker

Post by SingaporeWorker » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 7:06 pm

We applied PR as a family, therefore we all PR now. Hopefully they will evaluate base on the household income, otherwise it seems quite difficult! Thanks anyway

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 8:46 pm

You applied as a family, but you were the sponsor, correct?

SingaporeWorker

Post by SingaporeWorker » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 8:59 pm

I don't know, as I am the main applicant. I guess for PR application, if your spouse is not citizen or PR, it could only be sponsored by the employer.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 9:54 pm

They were your sponsor. Your salary made you her sponsor. Do you think they would have sponsored her without you? Good Luck.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Chance of getting LTVP for mother-in-law

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 27 Jul 2015 12:13 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:They were your sponsor. Your salary made you her sponsor. Do you think they would have sponsored her without you? Good Luck.
Maybe ICA also don't know why or how... ... :P