Singapore Expats

PR PENDING FOR 14 MONTHS AND 3 DAYS **update- PR APPROVED. SG50 PRESENT FOR US**

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
queenie010

PR PENDING FOR 14 MONTHS AND 3 DAYS **update- PR APPROVED. SG50 PRESENT FOR US**

Post by queenie010 » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 6:10 pm

Greeting everyone.

i have been following this forum along with my husband. What we look for most is the SPR sessions...

Here goes :

Me : born in singapore to singaporeans..
He : born in malaysia... (i know this is not relevant but he is so proficient in all the languages. be it, hokkien or cantonese or mandarin. i am awed by that. hehe =D>)

We both are indians.

He : has been working in Singapore for 15 years with a work permit. (as of March 2015, he's working with a LTVP and a valid LOC)
Me : am a preschool teacher for 9 years (started teaching in 2006 with certificate of preschool teaching, graduated with a Diploma in Preschool Teaching in 2009). Now i am with NTUC - My First Skool for 2 years now.

We got legally married in Aug 2013.
We got traditionally married in Feb 2014.

No children as yet...

We are living with my father in our house as of Feb 2014.

I am the third owner from 2004 and after my mother's passing, i am the co-owner for 3 years now. And i have been contributing for the mortgage loan for my flat via CPF since 2004.

After our ROM in Aug 2013, i applied for a LTVP for him in October 2013 and got it approved in November 2013. Back then, LTVP holder cannot work. Hence, after looking for a better paying employment, he had to surrender his LTVP in an exchange to a work permit.

On 30th May 2014, i applied PR for my husband. We did all the necessary things such as filling up the forms and various mandatory documents and submitted everything successfully.

Then in the end of 2014, Government announced that LTVP holders could start working. They only need to apply for the LOC (letter of consent) via MOM. They do not need to hold on their work permit anymore.

In February 2015, i applied for a LTVP for my husband. With all the mandatory documents submitted again, in March 2015, his LTVP was approved and till now he is working as a Project Coordinator in a renovation company.

We are waiting for a result for 14 months now. We have absolutely no idea when the result be out. As i read some of the success stories, i am excited for them. at the same time, worried too..

When i see some of the couples getting their status be it approved or not; they at least know whats their stand to make the next step. With the months passing by, i am getting optimistic.. but i am afraid that my hopes are getting to high. i know that i could appeal for my husband's PR application be it may be rejected.

I am writing this now to console myself and ask a few of you, my friends, of what you think..

Its just an avenue for me to see whats happening and what are your opinions?

Thank you...
26 JULY 2015

***UPDATE***

As i was very stressed over the wait, i tried my luck ...

I sent an email to the ICA (customer service@)asking if my husband's PR is in need of any more documents as i stated that it has been 13 months since we submitted our application. (I sent the email on the 4th July 2015)

On the 7th July 2015, i received a reply saying that they have forwarded my email to the PR department and requested a copy of their (PR Dept) reply to be forwarded to the Customer Service@.

Remarkably, on the 3rd August 2015, the PR department replied me saying, "In reference to your preceding email dated 04 Jul 2015, please be informed that your husband’s PR application is in the final stage of processing. You will be notified by post in due course."

AND.... *drums roll please"

i would usually check his status 2x a day. So when i was checking his status around 4pm and it said "APPROVED"

WHOA!!! WHEN I READ THAT, I WAS OVERJOYED! ALL OUR WORRIES WERE ALL OVER! its a better start for us.

Perseverance .. is vital.. :D :D :D

What a great SG50 present to us!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by queenie010 on Mon, 10 Aug 2015 4:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

lot286
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Have been waiting my husband's SPR for 14 months...

Post by lot286 » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 7:05 pm

what is the combined salary of you both/

queenie010

Post by queenie010 » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 8:01 pm

lot286 wrote:what is the combined salary of you both/
close to S$5k.

thank you..

queenie010

Re: PR APPROVED AFTER 14 MONTHS AND 3 DAYS

Post by queenie010 » Tue, 04 Aug 2015 9:31 pm

Finally.... Its approved!!! yay!!!

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 05 Aug 2015 9:58 am

What difference do you think this makes?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

queenie010

Post by queenie010 » Fri, 07 Aug 2015 10:08 am

Barnsley wrote:
What difference do you think this makes?

maybe he wonders if we are earning enuf to get this PR going.. :-k

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 07 Aug 2015 2:06 pm

congratulations to you both
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

queenie010

Post by queenie010 » Mon, 10 Aug 2015 4:15 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:congratulations to you both
Thank you very much... this wait for 14 months was like whoa!

All i can say is be patient... just pray and check online daily... we were doing the checks on ienquiry daily without fail..

Good luck everyone..

luckyyaya

Re: PR PENDING FOR 14 MONTHS AND 3 DAYS **update- PR APPROVED. SG50 PRESENT FOR US**

Post by luckyyaya » Thu, 15 Oct 2015 10:56 pm

I submitted my PR application on 12Feb 2015...aalready 8 months, still didn't receive any update. So worried..my friend waited 9months, but got rejected...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR PENDING FOR 14 MONTHS AND 3 DAYS **update- PR APPROVED. SG50 PRESENT FOR US**

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:24 pm

Maybe you will get lucky as well. Or, maybe you will be unlucky and get your PR. Time will tell.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Fri, 16 Oct 2015 11:34 am

queenie010 wrote:All i can say is be patient... just pray and check online daily... we were doing the checks on ienquiry daily without fail..
It's really not necessary to do that, and it's the opposite of patient. As long as you keep ICA informed of your current address (which you must) your PR decision will arrive reliably in postal mail. According to other reports postal notification is often earlier than the online status update. You can also check online monthly or every couple weeks in the extremely unlikely event SingPost loses ICA's envelope. If you're checking more frequently you're just wasting your own time, and that's not very smart.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 16 Oct 2015 12:20 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:
queenie010 wrote:All i can say is be patient... just pray and check online daily... we were doing the checks on ienquiry daily without fail..
It's really not necessary to do that, and it's the opposite of patient. As long as you keep ICA informed of your current address (which you must) your PR decision will arrive reliably in postal mail. According to other reports postal notification is often earlier than the online status update. You can also check online monthly or every couple weeks in the extremely unlikely event SingPost loses ICA's envelope. If you're checking more frequently you're just wasting your own time, and that's not very smart.
Agree. As a third-party point of view (neither applicant nor ICA), I think the intense checking of iEnquiry is very unproductive. Sounds harsh but will XXX number of times of checking online will boost one's chance? Logically no.

Unless ICA actually keeps tab on each applicant's login on iEnquiry and use it as a parameter (whether good or bad). That would be a whole game-changer! But we don't know that. :o

On top of that, the mail is always faster than iEnquiry, for some strange reasons. But it really helps just in case Singpost loses ICA's mail.

But I can emphatise with the anxiety and desperation of such kind of applicants. Think of it as their coping mechanism. Yes, it bears no fruit but it will give them an outlet for their sanity.

dschandra

Post by dschandra » Sat, 17 Oct 2015 9:31 am

luckyyaya wrote:I submitted my PR application on 12Feb 2015...aalready 8 months, still didn't receive any update. So worried..my friend waited 9months, but got rejected...

Hi. How is your profile look like?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 17 Oct 2015 10:43 am

Why? You plan on copying his profile? When are you guys going to learn that it is like "how long is a piece of string". There is no correct answer or ideal profile. #-o ](*,)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dschandra

Post by dschandra » Sat, 17 Oct 2015 11:49 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why? You plan on copying his profile? When are you guys going to learn that it is like "how long is a piece of string". There is no correct answer or ideal profile. #-o ](*,)
:cool: