Singapore Expats

Has anyone seen Hansaplast Anti-Itching Gel in Singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
mortlock2005
Regular
Regular

Has anyone seen Hansaplast Anti-Itching Gel in Singapore

Post by mortlock2005 » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 5:23 pm

Years ago I bought a tube of Hansaplast Anit-Itching Gel while on holiday in Thailand. It's the best treatment for mosquito bites that I have found. Unfortunately my tube is nearly empty, and I haven't been able to find it in Singapore. Has anyone seen it on sale here?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Has anyone seen Hansaplast Anti-Itching Gel in Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 6:06 pm

mortlock2005 wrote:Years ago I bought a tube of Hansaplast Anit-Itching Gel while on holiday in Thailand. It's the best treatment for mosquito bites that I have found. Unfortunately my tube is nearly empty, and I haven't been able to find it in Singapore. Has anyone seen it on sale here?
I think it was taken off OTC along with a few more suspected serious reaction causing topical medications .. per the last MOH directive - if I am not mistaken ...

Visit your GP or go to Guardian with a pharmacist on call ...

Ps, years ago ? Maybe its expired ... I meant the tube you have. . :roll:

mortlock2005
Regular
Regular

Re: Has anyone seen Hansaplast Anti-Itching Gel in Singapore

Post by mortlock2005 » Wed, 22 Jul 2015 5:04 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 22 Jul 2015 6:23 pm

http://www.tofarmakeiomou.gr/pd/hansapl ... -805861827

Per above. Usually if I'm after something a little obscure I research the product on the manufacturers website, identify the active ingredients and broaden the search to anything with that ingredient.
But there are several products that do a similar kind of job, Anthisan is one long established remedy (I've relied on it since childhood). When I ran out of that one time, the pharmacist suggested a tube of gel called Soov (Aussie IIRC). I have also used the white (ie very strong) tiger Balm which works well too.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 22 Jul 2015 6:33 pm

p.s. AFAIK Anthisan is simply a branded topical antihistamine. So you go and get a tube of 'no name' hydrocortisone and see if that works, pref. a stronger version, perhaps 2%.

Of course this isn't medical advice, but I find the above works. Anything to get rid of the itch is 90% of the cure IMHO.

http://www.generic.co.za/frontend/gener ... NE+MALEATE

The active ingredient in Anthisan. I'd go and ask a pharmacist is they have ointments in stock 'like Anthisan cream, or containing Mypyramine', and take it from there.

Mypyramine is an antihistamine, and the release of histamine around the bites are what trigger the itching.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard