Singapore Expats

Certificate of clearance for Singaporeans

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
slevengoodkat

Post by slevengoodkat » Wed, 11 Jun 2014 1:43 pm

Sorry to dig this post up! but i really need help in getting the COC.
I'm local and potential overseas employer is asking for the COC. checked with SPF, got the usual message that only govt etc can request for it.

Can Sergei or Taxico help?!!
many thanks

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Wed, 11 Jun 2014 2:34 pm

slevengoodkat, you need a letter from a foreign government entity that states that it needs the COC, afaik. You need to get a letter from your future country of work's embassy saying as much. You would probably only get that once you apply for an employment visa, though.

Best to be open with your potential employer on how the process is.

If it's for your employer at first, maybe a statutory declaration is sufficient at this stage? If your potential employer is a foreign government entity, they should be able to provide you with a letter.

Jmarielle

Re: Certificate of clearance for Singaporeans

Post by Jmarielle » Tue, 21 Jul 2015 4:22 pm

hi all! We applied a certificate of clearance for my mom thru a proxy, we where able to get one after 5working days the problem is we wrote on the appeal form that it should be from her stay 1988-1998 so that should be 10yrs. when our proxy picked up the coc it only stated there february 1997-december 1998. he asked the lady why only those months, she then told that we should check on the application form, we checked the form but there is no option there that you would fill up the dates or years that she stayed in singapore. So, where did she get those months of feb '97 - dec'98??. :o :shock: :D Anyone? help. thanks ! :D