Singapore Expats

Can I leave India on an IPA for Singapore ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
DSB28

Can I leave India on an IPA for Singapore ?

Post by DSB28 » Sat, 11 Jul 2015 5:53 pm

Hi,

I will be starting my PhD at NTU from Aug 2nd 2015.

I have received the IPA. I just wanted to know if this is enough to leave India successfully.
Although it mentions that "this letter is evidence that a visa has been granted " , what should I do if the emigration officer challenges it and asks to see a visa"literally" .
I am hoping that indian officials are fully aware of the IPA letter and it's significance.

Also, I will be flying out of Calcutta and it would be helpful if someone could share his experience of flying out of Calcutta for Singapore with an IPA.

looking forward to your comments.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Can I leave India on an IPA for Singapore ?

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 11 Jul 2015 8:05 pm

DSB28 wrote:.
Although it mentions that "this letter is evidence that a visa has been granted " , what should I do if the emigration officer challenges it and asks to see a visa"literally" .
I am hoping that indian officials are fully aware of the IPA letter and it's significance.
Just show the line that says the visa granted

That's how it is for Indian passport holders ...

DSB28

Re: RE: Can I leave India on an IPA for Singapore ?

Post by DSB28 » Sat, 11 Jul 2015 10:40 pm

ecureilx wrote: Just show the line that says the visa granted

That's how it is for Indian passport holders ...

Thanks for the reply

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Re: Can I leave India on an IPA for Singapore ?

Post by midlet2013 » Sun, 12 Jul 2015 9:03 pm

You can use the letter to enter Singapore. Once you apply for student pass, they will charge you for the visa.

Or you can take visa in India and pay in India. Then, you wont be asked to pay again.

DSB28 wrote:Hi,

I will be starting my PhD at NTU from Aug 2nd 2015.

I have received the IPA. I just wanted to know if this is enough to leave India successfully.

Also, I will be flying out of Calcutta and it would be helpful if someone could share his experience of flying out of Calcutta for Singapore with an IPA.

looking forward to your comments.

DSB28

Post by DSB28 » Sun, 12 Jul 2015 11:18 pm

midlet2013 wrote:You can use the letter to enter Singapore. Once you apply for student pass, they will charge you for the visa.
Or you can take visa in India and pay in India. Then, you wont be asked to pay again.
I thought the IPA itself is a single entry visa in itself.
By "taking the visa in India" do u mean to pay the "issuance fee". Will this help in any way pre-departure ?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Can I leave India on an IPA for Singapore ?

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 13 Jul 2015 9:11 am

DSB28 wrote: I thought the IPA itself is a single entry visa in itself.
By "taking the visa in India" do u mean to pay the "issuance fee". Will this help in any way pre-departure ?
Yes, the IPA states it includes a single entry visa

Midlet I believe is suggesting to get a separate Svp in the high commission, to avoid arguing with the Immigration in India

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter

Re: RE: Re: Can I leave India on an IPA for Singapore ?

Post by midlet2013 » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 2:10 am

I am not saying that. The Indian immigration will not create any hassle over the IPA/Visa thing.

I had that IPA but I still took visa in India. So, I had to pay for the visa in India.

When I came here, the visa fee was not charged when I went to apply for Student Pass. If you come on IPA, then they will add the visa fee when you apply for Student Pass. I was just referring to the visa fee.

ecureilx wrote:
DSB28 wrote: I thought the IPA itself is a single entry visa in itself.
Yes, the IPA states it includes a single entry visa

Midlet I believe is suggesting to get a separate Svp in the high commission, to avoid arguing with the Immigration in India

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter

Post by midlet2013 » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 2:12 am

Just to confirm, you can use IPA to enter Singapore. Taking an additional visa is not required.

Ignore what I said about the fee. You will realize it when you apply for Student Pass few weeks after you arrive in Singapore.

Good luck in your studies.

DSB28 wrote:
midlet2013 wrote:You can use the letter to enter Singapore. Once you apply for student pass, they will charge you for the visa.
I thought the IPA itself is a single entry visa in itself.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 12:10 pm

midlet2013 wrote:Just to confirm, you can use IPA to enter Singapore. Taking an additional visa is not required.

Ignore what I said about the fee. You will realize it when you apply for Student Pass few weeks after you arrive in Singapore.

Oh boy, I am confused now :-k :-k :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ashish.sachdeva2010

Post by ashish.sachdeva2010 » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 1:42 pm

Hi,

I had travelled to Singapore from Delhi, i also had IPA letter and offer letter of the employer.

So nothing is required other than IPA and your PhD program documents if they want to see.

Best of luck for your PhD program.

Brs,
Ashish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 3:13 pm

ashish.sachdeva2010 wrote:Hi,

I had travelled to Singapore from Delhi, i also had IPA letter and offer letter of the employer.

So nothing is required other than IPA and your PhD program documents if they want to see.

Brs,
Ashish

But not from Calcutta right ?? :D Or Kolkota ..

I am double confused now :-k :-k

Kidding .. Thanks for confirming to the OP

DSB28

Post by DSB28 » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 7:02 pm

Brs,
Ashish

Thanks mate,

I spoke to the singapore high commission in Delhi and they also have mmentioned that IPA is sufficient and another visa is not needed.

I hope it will be just fine....was a bit nervous as this is somewhat unconventional for a country in terms of visa.

DSB28

Post by DSB28 » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 7:08 pm

midlet2013 wrote:Just to confirm, you can use IPA to enter Singapore. Taking an additional visa is not required.

thanks ..

DSB28

Post by DSB28 » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 7:12 pm

ecureilx wrote:

Brs,
Ashish

But not from Calcutta right ?? :D Or Kolkota ..

I am double confused now :-k :-k

Kidding .. Thanks for confirming to the OP
:D :D :D

ashish.sachdeva2010

Post by ashish.sachdeva2010 » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 11:31 pm

Yes not from Kolkata or calcutta