Singapore Expats

Job as dentist

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
adarshmalh

Job as dentist

Post by adarshmalh » Sun, 12 Jul 2015 6:19 pm

I had passed MDS Paedodontics from an Indian University. I want to marry a person having EP working at Singapore. I want a job at Singapore. I can marry only after getting a suitable job. I'm an Indian. Anybody help me in getting job. I'm 26yrs girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adarshmalh

Re: Job as dentist

Post by adarshmalh » Sun, 12 Jul 2015 6:22 pm

Further I want to know that person I am going to get married earns 6500 Sg dollars per month, will that much earnings are sufficient for leading life at Sg

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 13 Jul 2015 3:10 am

You are going to have a very tough time getting a job as a dentist, or for that matter, as a dental hygienist. $6,500 is barely enough to get by with a decent life style, and not enough to include a car.

komatineni

Post by komatineni » Mon, 13 Jul 2015 7:37 pm

Such a kind & nice reply.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 13 Jul 2015 9:56 pm

komatineni wrote:Such a kind & nice reply.
It is the truth. Over the years there have been many Indians with dental degrees and certifications who wanted to practice in Singapore but were unable to do so. Why? Because the quality of education and certification is so variable in India that the Singapore Dental Council has placed severe restrictions on foreigners wanting to practice dentistry in Singapore. Read about it yourself. http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/c ... ntist.html If you look at the list of qualified universities you will see that there are not many countries and India is not even on the list. As an aside, there have also been many posters to this board, most of them of Indian origin, who have lamented their inability to become a dentist or even a hygienist with the credentials they hold.

And, I am spot on about the money. For $6,500 you can rent an HDB, maybe a condo. You'll have money for entertainment and food out. But you won't get a semi-D, nor a car, nor partake of the luxury items in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Jul 2015 10:23 pm

In fact, SE and I go back 11 years on this board. A search of the archives (which you can do yourself using the excellent search facility here) will turn up numerous threads of Dentists AND doctors from India or any of the subcontinental nations who cannot practice here with their "reputed" degrees that are only 'reputed' in India. And he's correct with the salary figure as well, unless you are extremely frugal. You may be able to do it if your are a Hindu vegan who doesn't touch alcohol either and need not go home to see mommy every third month.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

komatineni

Post by komatineni » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 2:21 pm

I guess you guys were in an amazing mood. That was my intention of putting "nice" word. Coming back to the topic, I couldn't agree more with you guys. I am an Indian and non-native speaker but above thread made me wonder what was the intention. Is it a post to seek grooms or ?? Anyway, thanks for the help and keeping the board.

komatineni

Post by komatineni » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 2:23 pm

@Strong Eagle, I am not trying to be sarcastic but a direct reply. I browsed through some of the old threads and I didnt expect you guys to be so patient. Especially for a duplicate question in series. That's where I kind of appreciated your patience and put my words.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 4:50 pm

It's appreciated. The problem with forum posts is without spoken inflections, words often take on a different colour when in print form without context. And we, as moderators, often get hit with ALL KINDS of words, some nice and others not so nice, especially when a poster doesn't get the answer that his mind's eye wants to read. What to do? ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

adarshmalh

Post by adarshmalh » Sat, 08 Aug 2015 12:58 am

Pl reply to my original query, that I had passed MDS Paedodontics from India. Can anyone help me getting job at Singapore or procedure of getting job

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 08 Aug 2015 12:03 pm

adarshmalh wrote:Pl reply to my original query, that I had passed MDS Paedodontics from India. Can anyone help me getting job at Singapore or procedure of getting job

You are not going to get a job in the dental profession in Singapore. No universities in India qualify to permit you to transfer credentials.

As I said the first time you asked, you will not even have sufficient credentials to be a dental hygienist in Singapore.

What did you miss in my original replies to you?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Sat, 08 Aug 2015 1:39 pm

adarshmalh wrote:Pl reply to my original query, that I had passed MDS Paedodontics from India. Can anyone help me getting job at Singapore or procedure of getting job

So let me get this straight as your original statement isn't clear.. you have a MD in paedo whatever... there's a prospective bridegroom in Singapore on an EP who earns 6500 and he won't marry you unless you have a job here on an EP ?

do you have any prior experience on your own? i.e setting up and running a dental practice ?
have you studied the demand for dentists in Singapore? Maybe they don't need many dentists

p.s do you shoot lions for entertainment by any chance. :-k
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Job as dentist

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 09 Aug 2015 2:30 am

Op, how many years of post graduation experience do you have ?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Job as dentist

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 09 Aug 2015 2:31 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote: do you have any prior experience on your own? i.e setting up and running a dental practice ?
Ah come on ... at 26 she should have 5 plus years experience ... :P

adarshmalh

Post by adarshmalh » Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:48 am

To appear for qualifying exam for registration as Dentist, Singapore Dental Council ask for an employment offer letter from any registered Dentist of SG. I hold basic BDS degree from Indian University & I want to appear for qualifying exam, I fulfil all other criteria except employment offer letter. Do anyone help me in getting Employment offer letter from any Dentist stating that He can give me job if I clear qualifying exam of SDC, this way he is not bound to provide me job also. It's just a formality of SDC.