Singapore Expats

SPR application for Brit spouse in UK, chances?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Susie7378

SPR application for Brit spouse in UK, chances?

Post by Susie7378 » Mon, 06 Jul 2015 8:53 am

Hi everyone,

Really need some advise on our chances of approval for PR for my husband, we have been married 6 years & want to relocate to Singapore because my husband has no family here & my family reside in Singapore (50% of them are Singaporean).We also want our children to grow up in Singapore,
no children yet but planning.

Im a SPR, indian descent,malaysian(but born & raised in Singapore),36
12 years experience in finance (with the same British Bank)
bachelors and masters degree from UK
Drawing SGD$3255 a month
Looking to move internally through my company to Singapore

Husband, white, 41,
17 years experience in luxury retail management
bachelors business admin
Draws SGD$3550k a mth

Are these documents sufficient? Is there anything else we need & what are our chances of approval?
Our passports
Our birth certificates
Letter from Employers with salary
P60 (tax paid in UK)
6 months payslips
Letter from us
Has anyone here dropped of your PR application at the High commission in London? We have no CPF in Singapore as we're both working fulltime in UK

ful babu
Regular
Regular

Re: SPR application for Brit spouse in UK, chances?

Post by ful babu » Mon, 06 Jul 2015 9:10 am

Did you mean to say you earn 3255 and your husband earns 3550k ? I am assuming k was a typo.

I believe to have a higher chance you guys need to move to Singapore first and start living here.

Good luck.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 06 Jul 2015 10:05 am

Susie7378 wrote:Hi everyone,

Really need some advise on our chances of approval for PR for my husband, we have been married 6 years & want to relocate to Singapore because my husband has no family here & my family reside in Singapore (50% of them are Singaporean).We also want our children to grow up in Singapore,
no children yet but planning.

Im a SPR, indian descent,malaysian(but born & raised in Singapore),36
12 years experience in finance (with the same British Bank)
bachelors and masters degree from UK
Drawing SGD$3255 a month
Looking to move internally through my company to Singapore

Husband, white, 41,
17 years experience in luxury retail management
bachelors business admin
Draws SGD$3550k a mth

Are these documents sufficient? Is there anything else we need & what are our chances of approval?
Our passports
Our birth certificates
Letter from Employers with salary
P60 (tax paid in UK)
6 months payslips
Letter from us
Has anyone here dropped of your PR application at the High commission in London? We have no CPF in Singapore as we're both working fulltime in UK
When did you last renew your REP for your own PR?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Jul 2015 12:18 pm

^^Good Point!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Susie7378

Post by Susie7378 » Mon, 06 Jul 2015 2:49 pm

Hi barnsley
I renewed mine last year. Expiring in Sept. We'll be submitting husband's before mine runs out.

Susie7378

Post by Susie7378 » Mon, 06 Jul 2015 2:54 pm

Ful babu
That's right, I'm on 3255 and he's on 3550.
Leaving secure jobs & moving to Singapore? What kind of visa should we apply for him In that case? We have savings but don't want to live on that while we look for jobs although we can live in parents home.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 06 Jul 2015 3:50 pm

Susie7378 wrote:Hi barnsley
I renewed mine last year. Expiring in Sept. We'll be submitting husband's before mine runs out.
So you were given a 1 yr renewal when you submitted for application?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Jul 2015 6:24 pm

I reckon, as she has half of her family here, she's been fibbing about being in Singapore and she's using her local family address for renewals (family ties I would assume). Something doesn't sound correct because she says she's been with the same British Bank for the last 12 years unless she transferred from a local sub to the UK main and now wants to return to SG. Not enough info for me to make any wild guesses.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ful babu
Regular
Regular

Post by ful babu » Tue, 07 Jul 2015 10:52 am

Susie7378 wrote:Ful babu
Leaving secure jobs & moving to Singapore? What kind of visa should we apply for him In that case? We have savings but don't want to live on that while we look for jobs although we can live in parents home.
You could get a LTVP for him but my advise would be to move with a job, most probably you guys would be able be make more that what you do now.

Susie7378

Post by Susie7378 » Thu, 09 Jul 2015 6:15 am

ful babu wrote:
Susie7378 wrote:Ful babu
You could get a LTVP for him but my advise would be to move with a job, most probably you guys would be able be make more that what you do now.
Thanks ful babu, you are right,have looked into similar positions in Singapore & we could be making more back home (but that's not the point, we want to be near my aging parents) Having spoken to Singapore high commission they advised the SPR application will take 9mths! and a LTVP application will take 4 weeks - looks like we'll be going down that route

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 09 Jul 2015 7:03 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I reckon, as she has half of her family here, she's been fibbing about being in Singapore and she's using her local family address for renewals (family ties I would assume). Something doesn't sound correct because she says she's been with the same British Bank for the last 12 years unless she transferred from a local sub to the UK main and now wants to return to SG. Not enough info for me to make any wild guesses.
So... is SMS correct... you've not actually been living in Singapore but have used your parents address in order to renew your REP? I mean, if you have "secure jobs" that you have to leave in order to move to Singapore, it's pretty obvious that you've not really been a PR at all.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 09 Jul 2015 10:46 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I reckon, as she has half of her family here, she's been fibbing about being in Singapore and she's using her local family address for renewals (family ties I would assume). Something doesn't sound correct because she says she's been with the same British Bank for the last 12 years unless she transferred from a local sub to the UK main and now wants to return to SG. Not enough info for me to make any wild guesses.
So... is SMS correct... you've not actually been living in Singapore but have used your parents address in order to renew your REP? I mean, if you have "secure jobs" that you have to leave in order to move to Singapore, it's pretty obvious that you've not really been a PR at all.
Clearly something is amiss