Singapore Expats

Rent proper house/room

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
wanggaga

Rent proper house/room

Post by wanggaga » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 4:32 am

I am from nz (male) and going to relocate in Singapore by myself. I will be around 1/3 of the year traveling around Asian Pacific which means I will not stay in Singapore everyday. Question: what kind of accommodation is suitable for me? And how much it will cost? Thanks for help.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Search By

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Rent proper house/room

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 8:16 am

Will you be employed by a locally based firm? I ask because without a residency pass of one form oe another (Ep, P, wp, student, Ltvp, PR, etc. You will be limited to hotel only as it is against the law to rent to anybody with a visa of less than 6 months duration.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

wanggaga

Post by wanggaga » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 4:50 pm

Thanks. Yep, I will be employed with a local firm and will hold p1 EP working visa. Just because my job will cover Asia Pacific area, so will not always stay in Singapore but only 1/2 of whole year there.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 6:53 pm

Well, you can go for rental of a room in somebody's condo for 1200~1500/mo and lock it up when you are not there. Or you can rent a 2BR Condo (probably in the neighbourhood of 2.8K/mo up to sky's the limit. But it will be unoccupied half the time which then looks rather expensive at 5.6k/mo while you are there. But you need storage in any case unless you plan to live out of your suitcase full time. Or, you could rent a room in an HDB flat at anywhere from 400 to around 1200/mo (airconditioned Master BR - attached toilet at/around the 1000-1200 level). OR rent a whole HDB 3 room flat for around 2K/mo. Obviously, prices will also vary depending on location.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

wanggaga

Post by wanggaga » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 7:28 pm

Thanks, your suggestions will give up a great help!

wanggaga

Post by wanggaga » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 7:29 pm

Give me ~ not give up...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Rent proper house/room

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 8:59 pm

wanggaga wrote:Give me ~ not give up...

You can actually edit your post, on tapatalk, just tap the post and tap the pen icon at the top right corner.

wanggaga

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Rent proper house/room

Post by wanggaga » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 9:12 pm

ecureilx wrote:
wanggaga wrote:Give me ~ not give up...

You can actually edit your post, on tapatalk, just tap the post and tap the pen icon at the top right corner.
Many thanks, got it!:mrgreen:

CooperI

Post by CooperI » Sun, 05 Jul 2015 10:57 pm

We are a kiwi couple just about to move into an awesome 3 bedroom condo very large and has great facilities very close to holland Village looking for a flexible flat share person if your interested in a room with own bathroom. we travel for business often also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk