Singapore Expats

does ica still accept walk-in applications for citizenship

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 8:17 am

here4good wrote:@nakatago

So the "seniors" are allowed to make discerning remarks and yet the newbies are not allowed the same privilege? I have been here long enough so I need not and do not need life lessons on how to manage my time/life in Singapore. I have assimilated in Singapore and I do not need you to advise me - thanks for your 2 cents though.

If you wish to run this forum in this manner, that is your prerogative but it would do no harm in treating everybody with respect. Has there been anything useful achieved by zzm9980 making that comment in the first place? Should you not advise him? Oh wait, he can do as he pleases since he has contributed in the past... Right.
Again, don't attribute words we didn't say to us.

* discern the difference between my example as a metaphor versus actual life lessons. Ditto for a criticism/observation versus an intentionally disrespectful comment.
* as zzm and taxico already explained and shown, regulars get a certain leeway but only because their exposure has made them more familiar with how the community runs things. Hence, they need less reminders. Some regulars however crossed the line in the past and they were called out for that so it's not about post-count/age.
* I'm not the sole moderator. I'm just one of several volunteers. I don't run the forum; I just nudge people into following community-defined standards.

"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

here4good

Post by here4good » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 9:41 am

@ nakatago

and my point is, you can call me out since you are the "moderator", but I certainly do not need your advice. I do not think you are being fair, and that is my opinion and I am sure you have yours. If you believe that I am not right for this community, and you wish to censor my posts or have me removed, I leave that to your judgement but I do not need to be reminded literally/methaphorically about how to behave on this forum.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 10:03 am

I personally think the rally between here4good and bluetopinkorblue are pretty innocent. After all, they were just comparing experience between walk-in and online slots.

However, I would also take zzm9980's comment on spambots as a friendly chide, knowing him, and one shouldn't take personal offence at this. After all, we really do have spambot problems going on here, and boy if this drives me mad, I cannot even imagine how moderators can take it, especially when they are volunteering here on their own free time.

And now this has turned into personal attacks on each other.
Take a chill pill, will you all? Today is Friday. :)

Oh by the way, good luck to you guys on your PR applications.

here4good

Post by here4good » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 10:09 am

@ thelynx:

and maybe therein lies the issue - I think as newbies we are not able to distinguish between an "innocent" comment and vice versa. I do apologise since I can appreciate that zzm9980 meant nothing by it and I may have inadvertently flared up an unnecessary discussion.

It is not lost on me that there are a handful of contributors with very good advise and a lot of us, myself included, do appreciate this - and maybe we do not say it enough :)

Good Friday all :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 2:44 pm

here4good wrote:@zzm9980

I do not doubt that. As I mentioned, yes, not every post is of the same value but not each one of us here is here to "score points" either. We are here to help each other. You see the value in posting only functional and some others take comfort in reading about other peoples status/waiting time. This, in a non-functional way, adds value. If you and the seniors have a boxed-in definition of what can and cannot be posted, then so be it, but I am only making the point that all non-informational posts are not nonsense.

You are not helping anybody by giving you waiting time or application data. In fact you could possibly be hurting them as they may well base their future decision on what some yokel said on here (lets fact it, the new breed here aren't always in full complement of bulbs in their chandelier). Telling it like it is, is the only way to operate here. Blowing smoke is neither our style nor beneficial to the poster. A reality check is what is needed, not a fantasy propagated by someone who's entire background is different (even if they went to the same school and graduated with the same degree).

I've tried to stay out of this one but, but, well, you know how it is....... :)

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

here4good

Post by here4good » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 3:27 pm

@ sms

i have got the message loud and clear. Thanks!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 4:29 pm

Thanks guys, that was a good read for a slow Friday afternoon :wink:

momosan

Re: does ica still accept walk-in applications for citizenship

Post by momosan » Fri, 26 Jun 2015 2:41 pm

bluetopinkorblue wrote:hi All,

i have filled in the application form online and have a date for the interview in november. i read through the forum where there are articles / experiences shared about a walk-in application but most of them in 2012 /13)

i would like to know if ICA still accepts walk-in applications or if the online application is the right way since recently. some people talk of an initial verification where they tell u right away if there is a point in applying or not. is this the reason for the walk-in? do they still have to find an appointment online after this stage for an interview?

i tried finding as much details as possible, but couldnt find an answer to this question. (the ica website seems to mention both as possibilities. if i wanted to do it earlier than november, could one still go in for a walk-in if that is a completely different route to application)

thanks
Do you try to walk in to submit the document & interview even you have submit through online without any e-appointment? I am not able to find this information on the ICA website if I MUST do e-appointment for the interview. And All the available slot on the e-appointment is booked till the last day of opening period. :?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: does ica still accept walk-in applications for citizenship

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 26 Jun 2015 7:23 pm

momosan wrote: Do you try to walk in to submit the document & interview even you have submit through online without any e-appointment? I am not able to find this information on the ICA website if I MUST do e-appointment for the interview. And All the available slot on the e-appointment is booked till the last day of opening period. :?
From what I know, they don't accept walk in unless it's appeal.

momosan

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: does ica still accept walk-in applications for citizenship

Post by momosan » Fri, 26 Jun 2015 7:25 pm

ecureilx wrote:
momosan wrote: Do you try to walk in to submit the document & interview even you have submit through online without any e-appointment? I am not able to find this information on the ICA website if I MUST do e-appointment for the interview. And All the available slot on the e-appointment is booked till the last day of opening period. :?
Thanks for your reply. That's so strict!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

momosan

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: does ica still accept walk-in applications for citizenship

Post by momosan » Mon, 29 Jun 2015 8:23 am

momosan wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
"momosan" wrote: Do you try to walk in to submit the document & interview even you have submit through online without any e-appointment? I am not able to find this information on the ICA website if I MUST do e-appointment for the interview. And All the available slot on the e-appointment is booked till the last day of opening period. :?
Thanks for your reply. That's so strict!

Any idea when they will open the new dates for interview booking? The current open period for interview fully taken... checked for few days but last open date remains as 14 December 2015.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: does ica still accept walk-in applications for citizenship

Post by the lynx » Mon, 29 Jun 2015 9:02 am

You're lucky. Someone else in the forum just posted few days ago to say that the earliest date he could find is February 2016. Which means, someone must have surrendered/cancelled the December one after he posted.

momosan

Re: RE: Re: does ica still accept walk-in applications for citizenship

Post by momosan » Mon, 29 Jun 2015 9:19 am

the lynx wrote:You're lucky. Someone else in the forum just posted few days ago to say that the earliest date he could find is February 2016. Which means, someone must have surrendered/cancelled the December one after he posted.
I just checked the system again that it is only open until 14 Dec 2015. I guess it is typo error from another person